• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

London

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question for you Raiders fans...Are you wanting McKinzie to keep his job? Do you put most of the blame on Allen for this 0-4 start?

I hope he gets fired. With more than likely another top 5 pick. Can't afford to miss. And he gets much of the blame for letting what little talent team had get away. Not sure how you don't franchise Lamar Houston or veldeheer. But much like coaching situation any top choices are goinf to say thanks but no thanks

Let's face it no big name, high profile talent has been beating our door down to coach or manage in Oakland, no one willing to give up that much control to the aging, volatile and unpredictable Al Davis, I guess we shall see if that stigma is fading. For now we have a fairly respected and experienced Sparano, who found a way to turn around a floundering Miami team with a coach of the year performance in 2008? I believe. I don't have overly high expectations but one thing is certain, he could not do any worse than Allen did thus far.

Something had to give, and Dennis Allen just could not inspire or will the Raiders to save his job, the London trip was the last straw, I hate the revolving door on the HC office, but wasn't any other option at this point.

Reggie is treading a fine line, but much like the HC position, likely no one beating down the door to take his job. The damage has been done and no sense in completely gutting the FO at this point, see what Sparano can do and maybe we can change the perception that Oakland is the place where careers come to die.

Come on Oakland Raiders show some pride and poise and turn this thing around.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, were did Reggie miss?? He has 5 rookie's starting this year, thats unheard off.. Carr and Mack, those guys could be franchise type players.. Gabe and Jelly are beast!! Carrie is starting and holding his own.. Sio, Rivera are really good.. Watson is starting to get big RUN, he was super raw.. Hayden has shut down skills, but is hurt that happens.. Veldy and Houston?? i too wanted to keep them!! But lets look at the numbers?? Houston has what 1 or 2 tackles and no impact in 4 games?? Would you lock in a 5Y 40M deal on those numbers?? Veldy?? Is ranked near the bottom, for LTs., Penn is top 10, and playing GOOD, and super cheap!! We want a true Franchise LT?? We draft one next year..RM is not to bad when you look at the big picture!! We can CUT all Vets next year and have unreal cap money!! Now, if MD wants to get rid of RM?? go ahead im a Raider Fan for life.. The next HC and maybe GM if we get rid of him, would be SO SET UP!! TO BUILD ANYTHING THEY WANT.. Thanks RM..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, were did Reggie miss?? He has 5 rookie's starting this year, thats unheard off.. Carr and Mack, those guys could be franchise type players.. Gabe and Jelly are beast!! Carrie is starting and holding his own.. Sio, Rivera are really good.. Watson is starting to get big RUN, he was super raw.. Hayden has shut down skills, but is hurt that happens.. Veldy and Houston?? i too wanted to keep them!! But lets look at the numbers?? Houston has what 1 or 2 tackles and no impact in 4 games?? Would you lock in a 5Y 40M deal on those numbers?? Veldy?? Is ranked near the bottom, for LTs., Penn is top 10, and playing GOOD, and super cheap!! We want a true Franchise LT?? We draft one next year..RM is not to bad when you look at the big picture!! We can CUT all Vets next year and have unreal cap money!! Now, if MD wants to get rid of RM?? go ahead im a Raider Fan for life.. The next HC and maybe GM if we get rid of him, would be SO SET UP!! TO BUILD ANYTHING THEY WANT.. Thanks RM..

I would say the 5 rookies starting has more to do with the lack of talent than actual they went out and earned it. At this point in the season Penn is the only guy earning a decent positive grade on PFF for the Raiders. Watson and Jackson so far have actually been the weak spots on the OL where teams have abused the Raiders. Carr has shown some promise but has definitely looked like a rookie quite a bit too.

Now don't get me wrong the Raiders have some talent to work with but a coach coming in will see this is a team that could be a long way from winning any time soon. Yes they could have some great cap space next year but as others have said the lack of success for the Raiders will make the price tag go up for any veteran even thinking of coming to the Raiders. Essentially if the Raiders can get a big name head coach then I could see them attracting some bigger name players. If they get another Allen though I think it will be much of the same for the Raiders in overpaying for aging veterans looking for that last pay check.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im not saying just this year. start with last year drafting dj hayden. jury is still out but looks to be a guy headed to being out of football. carr looks ok. hard to judge with the horrible receiving corp. these past their prime players havent done much. seeing the success jennings is having in new york makes me think the o-line must be one of the worst in league. mcfadden has struggled running the ball...but if he was in pittsburgh or san francisco then what. im optimistic but lets face it theres very little talent on this roster and reggie gets the blame for that

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry but i don't agree with either one of you two.. The Raiders were a mess, that was no secret.. You can only do what you can do!! You look at Houston, and the numbers they gave him?? He wanted franchise DE money from us.. NO impact for his new team!! And they got him for a long time.. We got 3 cheap Vets that we can cut next year, with no cap hit!! Smart GM work.. Same with Veldy!! Oh i wanted to keep those guys, but there is a reason i post on here and not RUN an NFL team.. The Rookie's and young players will be VERY good for us.. The team just quit on DA, cuz he sucks!! Let's see what Sparano can do?? That dude like i said, you ball or you sit!! After our bye we should have Roach, the heart of the D, SIO and Hayden back!! Spro just said we will do what the players do best, and NOT do the same thing over and over when it dont work.. You can bet that the playbook will be OPENED UP!! Let's wait and see.. I have new hope!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Raider fans.. If they fire RM at the end of the year?? Im game, cuz im a Raider fan first!! I just never let hate blind me.. RM cleaned the books up!! Something people said he could NEVER do!! Gave us what can be and WILL be our franchise QB!! And franchise LB!! With alot of young guys to build around!! That is what a GOOD GM is suppose to do!! Now, the NFL world knows who Mark Davis wants as his franchise coach!! If he gets him?? SCORE!! And he might want to bring in his own GM!! Im good with that!! So im sorry but i will NOT forget what RM will hand those guys, if it plays out like that!! RM did a damn good job!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry but i don't agree with either one of you two.. The Raiders were a mess, that was no secret.. You can only do what you can do!! You look at Houston, and the numbers they gave him?? He wanted franchise DE money from us.. NO impact for his new team!! And they got him for a long time.. We got 3 cheap Vets that we can cut next year, with no cap hit!! Smart GM work.. Same with Veldy!! Oh i wanted to keep those guys, but there is a reason i post on here and not RUN an NFL team.. The Rookie's and young players will be VERY good for us.. The team just quit on DA, cuz he sucks!! Let's see what Sparano can do?? That dude like i said, you ball or you sit!! After our bye we should have Roach, the heart of the D, SIO and Hayden back!! Spro just said we will do what the players do best, and NOT do the same thing over and over when it dont work.. You can bet that the playbook will be OPENED UP!! Let's wait and see.. I have new hope!!

I'm pretty much with idahoraider on this one, how many players have not performed in Oakland and gone on to other venues and lit it up? I can go wayyyy back, but Deangelo Hall is still in the league isn't he, don't even mention Rolando McClain. The list is long and ignominious, the Raiders have failed to develop talent time and again, part of that goes to the coaches and another big part of that goes to the way Al Davis ran his team w/o backing up his coaches, when the owner won't delegate to his staff the problems only multiply.

Losing Houston and Veldheer was Reggie's biggest mistake in the offseason, should have found a way to make it work, but there might be more to it than we know, maybe it wasn't about the money, maybe our best players just needed a new start. There is some talent on this team, the funny thing is we don't know what we have till it's gone. I put that on the coaching staff, they must see something in Burris that none of us outsiders do eh?

It pains me to see so many talented players move on to other teams and thrive when they couldn't make it in Oakland, to see it so many times leads me back to the staff, the leaders, these are the men who put the players in position to win, without that leadership it is impossible to get 53 men to WORK TOGETHER.

If I wasn't truly passionate about the Oakland Raiders I certainly would not be spending my time pontificating this way, I can't really explain it other than to say it's in my blood.

I love the Oakland Raiders, period.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't have fired Hue Jackson in the first place.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that Oakland doesn't have talent. Some of the young guys have shown some promise while others just leave you shaking your head. Same with most organizations. I think John Elway said it best when he said "You don't draft All-Pro players you coach up All-Pro players." This is where coaching definitely comes into the picture. The big question will be who will Oakland get for a head coach? If they can get a great teaching coach that the players can rally behind then I could see them finally heading in the right direction. Problem right now is I do think it will be an uphill battle to land a good coach. Coaches and players alike look at Oakland and see dysfunction at its worst. The number of coaches and players they have gone through in the last 10 years is off the charts. That makes it hard to land any of the young promising coaches that are coordinators or the college guys trying to move up. Obviously Chucky keeps getting connected with Oakland and if they can land him I will not be a happy Bronco fan.

Anyway should be an interesting off season for you guys.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that Oakland doesn't have talent. Some of the young guys have shown some promise while others just leave you shaking your head. Same with most organizations. I think John Elway said it best when he said "You don't draft All-Pro players you coach up All-Pro players." This is where coaching definitely comes into the picture. The big question will be who will Oakland get for a head coach? If they can get a great teaching coach that the players can rally behind then I could see them finally heading in the right direction. Problem right now is I do think it will be an uphill battle to land a good coach. Coaches and players alike look at Oakland and see dysfunction at its worst. The number of coaches and players they have gone through in the last 10 years is off the charts. That makes it hard to land any of the young promising coaches that are coordinators or the college guys trying to move up. Obviously Chucky keeps getting connected with Oakland and if they can land him I will not be a happy Bronco fan.

Anyway should be an interesting off season for you guys.

It is hard to swallow that we are already reflecting to the next offseason, 0-4 pretty much spells it out unfortunately, at this point Sparano gets the bye to get a realistic plan together to salvage something. Still 12 games to play, lots can happen, nonetheless a very challenging schedule still remains, 10 losses in a row, i can't even remember the last time we won 2 backtoback, but to compete we have to find the way to string some together.

Like I have said before, 0-4 and things will get ugly, reality check it's right here in our faces dammit.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't have fired Hue Jackson in the first place.

I don't know if you were around for that one, but Hue drew a line in the sand and dared anyone to cross it, not that he was altogether wrong, he just didn't have the guns to back him up at the time.

Hue was a good coach for the Raiders no doubt, for that matter so was Tom Cable, I felt like both of these guys gave our team a chance to win, I can't explain what was going on behind the scenes but here we go again, there is no sense in looking back, we must move forward.

Lots of work to do, not much more money, Sparano is our guy now and I happen to think he can get something done with 12 games left to play, despite all the failure there is still a lot of football to play, it really isn't over... yet.

Things have changed greatly since John Madden and Tom Flores led Raider teams to the promised land but just as a football takes some strange bounces, our fortunes can change with the right man in charge, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, this is not the AL Davis Raiders anymore.. MD let's his people do what he pays them to do!! Media will tell you oh its the same Raiders!! Thats BS!! The Raiders have a young QB that can be a franchise in the making, a host of young players to build around, with some pretty good Vets as well.. Cap money up the ying yang!!
And if you WIN in Oakland, you become a football GOD!! SEE CHUCKY!! You see dude?? AD was the coach and GM of this team, so nobody wanted to come here.. Well up and comers did, buts thats all.. MD is not his father!! MD IS SMART!! He put his team in position to land the big fish!! ESPN is sweating bullets right now!! MD just might take their cash cow!! eh ESPN?? Now its just not me saying that Chucky could come to Oakland!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think Chucky could come to Oakland. My question though is I just don't know how many other big name coaches would look at Oakland right now as there are a lot of question marks and whether AD is there are not a legacy that has been put into place that will be hard to get rid of. I agree MD is not his father but he has been far from a silent owner in all of this. I would say I have only seen a few other owners give more interviews than MD over the last couple of years in the league. That has always been one of the things Bronco fans have gotten to enjoy is Bowlen has always been a behind the scenes guy. He is always working hard but you hardly ever saw him front and center. he never really wanted the spot light.

The good thing for the Raiders though is they have 12 games here to really spot light the team for any upcoming coaches. If say Carr can go out and show he can be a big time franchise quarterback then that will go a long ways in showing the league this is a team to look at. If Carr falls flat on his face though honestly I think that will be the biggest determining factor on what kind of coaching candidates they get. Nothing like putting a bunch of pressure on your rookie quarterback to perform.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, the Raiders are not like other teams.. The RaiderNation see's its owner as the GodFather of the RaiderNation!! The Owner is the TRUE face of the franchise in the eyes of the RaiderNation.. AL Davis for crying out loud!! The most famous owner to ever live!! When things go bad for other teams?? They look to their GM or coaches!! We look to the owner to FIX IT!! Why?? Cuz he owns the team..
DC4 eh?? So he has to play like a superstar in his rookie year, or NO Chucky for us eh?? smh.. I read were they ask GMs and alot of scouts, on what they think of DC4?? They ALL said superstar in the making!! Has all the tools you dream of!! They NEED to take care of him, and coach him up right!! Dan Fouts who HATES the Raiders, first words were in that game?? I like him Alot, he is going to be a superstar!! He NEEDS good coaching!! Hopefully Sparano can do that for us this year!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the rumors flying around and the drama that follows.. My focus is now on the Bolts!! Sparano is the first true HC we have had in while.. He will have these players playing alot harder!! Man im hoping we get Roach, SIO, and Hayden back!! We NEED those guys so freaking bad!! My goodness.. With Streater out, Brown will have a few more weeks to get use to the system.. Brown made some plays in that Fin game, but you can see that he needs more time to catch up.. Carr is saying that he will be ready for this game?? All players say that, we shall see on that one.. I hope so.. If not?? We roll with Schaub!! The Vet!! All eyes will be on Oakland when we play the Chargers!! AFC West VS AFC West!! My Goodness it don't get better than that!!
Welcome to the FIRE DC4!! WHERE A LEGEND CAN BE BORN!! RAIDERS VS CHARGERS!!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you were around for that one, but Hue drew a line in the sand and dared anyone to cross it, not that he was altogether wrong, he just didn't have the guns to back him up at the time.

Hue was a good coach for the Raiders no doubt, for that matter so was Tom Cable, I felt like both of these guys gave our team a chance to win, I can't explain what was going on behind the scenes but here we go again, there is no sense in looking back, we must move forward.

Lots of work to do, not much more money, Sparano is our guy now and I happen to think he can get something done with 12 games left to play, despite all the failure there is still a lot of football to play, it really isn't over... yet.

Things have changed greatly since John Madden and Tom Flores led Raider teams to the promised land but just as a football takes some strange bounces, our fortunes can change with the right man in charge, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

i thought jackson went all in with the carson palmer trade. didnt care much for what they had to give up. 1st round and a 2nd. gets the praise if they go to playoffs...gets fired if it fails.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think Chucky could come to Oakland. My question though is I just don't know how many other big name coaches would look at Oakland right now as there are a lot of question marks and whether AD is there are not a legacy that has been put into place that will be hard to get rid of. I agree MD is not his father but he has been far from a silent owner in all of this. I would say I have only seen a few other owners give more interviews than MD over the last couple of years in the league. That has always been one of the things Bronco fans have gotten to enjoy is Bowlen has always been a behind the scenes guy. He is always working hard but you hardly ever saw him front and center. he never really wanted the spot light.

The good thing for the Raiders though is they have 12 games here to really spot light the team for any upcoming coaches. If say Carr can go out and show he can be a big time franchise quarterback then that will go a long ways in showing the league this is a team to look at. If Carr falls flat on his face though honestly I think that will be the biggest determining factor on what kind of coaching candidates they get. Nothing like putting a bunch of pressure on your rookie quarterback to perform.

with the current state of the team i dont see gruden or any other big names coming to oakland. on the offensive side you cant name one player that opposing defenses say we have to shut this guy down. they need a impact player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the current state of the team i dont see gruden or any other big names coming to oakland. on the offensive side you cant name one player that opposing defenses say we have to shut this guy down. they need a impact player.

This is again why I think Carr has to play well for the rest of the season for a coach to really get interested in coming to the Raiders. He has shown some promise but he is still 34th in the league in yards per attempt (one of the bigger quarterback stats coaches look at) and 30th in quarterback rating. He has to improve on those numbers in my opinion for a great coach to say "I can see some promise moving forward with this guy and this team."

The other thought would be say Carr stinks the rest of the year it most likely means the Raiders have a top-3 pick in the upcoming draft. That can be enticing for a coach to know they can pick their guy and this upcoming quarterback class does look pretty decent. Carr then would most likely become a trading piece where they won't get full value back for him but can at least get something. Now given that is a long ways down the road so who knows what happens but a Franchise Quarterback really does solve a lot of problems and makes an organization look a lot better than they really are.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought jackson went all in with the carson palmer trade. didnt care much for what they had to give up. 1st round and a 2nd. gets the praise if they go to playoffs...gets fired if it fails.

As I remember Hue felt he had the endorsement of AD, and when Jason Campbell was injured went after CP with by all accounts a ridiculous offer, unless of course it would salvage a promising season. Unfortunately that did not happen, Reggie McKenzie was hired as GM and I believe on of his first moves was to fire Hue.

In retrospect, the Carson Palmer deal and the weight Hue put behind it likely made it easier for RM to justify his decision to terminate, a decision many fans and even some players and personnel find to be a prophesy of the Raiders ill fortunes moving forward.

I have not been a fan of the constant churning of HCs for the Raiders, didn't like the firing of Cable, didn't like the firing of Hue, but Callahan, Kiffin, Shell, Turner, all started the ball rolling and it has been a train wreck ever since. This team desperately needs consistency and yet here we go again, another season in flux, with an "interim" HC, and as usual many more questions than answers.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlaRaider, once again i agree with ya.. Coaching is what has killed us all these years.. Cable was good.. Never liked Hue, to me he was fools gold.. But thats just me.. The rest of those coaches were just throw away coaches..
We need a franchise coach, one that knows how to WIN, commands respect, and can attract top FAs!! The good news is?? MD knows this, and will do whatever it takes to get one!! Thats right out of his mouth.. No more mickey mouse coaches!! We get one of those TOP coaches that are rumored to OAK?? They will be here for a long time.. MD values coaching.. Heck he wanted Gruden after DAs first year.. AL never valued coaching..