• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live William and Mary vs WVU Thread

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Luck bailed out of those ooc games because while in the BE we NEEDED them to have any sos cred at all, not the case now

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am REALLY sick of reading you guys deride the conference that had the best OOC record of ANY league and the ONLY league with a winning record against the SEC. Fraud, Stewart, and Holgorsen ALL three went 5-2 in the BE. The B12 is the weakest of the five remaining big leagues. The years are getting WORSE, not only is Holgorsen NOT a nice guy, he is no head coach.
Ummm... I guess you don't pay much attention to the actual conference ratings and win %? The Big 12 was ranked anywhere from 1-3 depending on who's rankings you looked at. The Big 12 was 13-2 out of conference last year. (B1G was 20-10, PAC 12 was 17-8, SEC was 17-6, BE 7-4, ACC 6-7)

So yup, the Big 12 is the worst conference among them...

:wtf2:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac, in case you didnt notice, the B12 champion from last year lost to a 1AA team this weekend........, AND conferences are NOT rated for only one year, but over a number of years. When this all shakes out, you guys will see what a colossal blunder joining the B12 was. The big five will be the big four in less than five years, ACC, B11, P??, SEC, and WVU will be on the outside looking in. The B12 IS the weakest of the big five, NOT on the field, but conference stability.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm... I guess you don't pay much attention to the actual conference ratings and win %? The Big 12 was ranked anywhere from 1-3 depending on who's rankings you looked at. The Big 12 was 13-2 out of conference last year. (B1G was 20-10, PAC 12 was 17-8, SEC was 17-6, BE 7-4, ACC 6-7)

So yup, the Big 12 is the worst conference among them...

:wtf2:

Speaking of WTF, I dont know where you got those numbers, but they CANT be correct, look at the number of ooc games you have there. the TEN teams in the B12 played 15 ooc games???????? 14 teams in the SEC played 23 ooc games????????? :lame:

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was eight FCS teams that beat FBS this weekend, Oregon St. was ranked and lost to a FCS team. Nebraska is ranked and almost lost to a FCS team.

I wouldn't say the sky is falling yet. I'm not over optimistic over this season, but we should improve as the season goes on.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, I see no reason from the past two years that this team will improve. Last year the defense never got ANY better, and the offense got worse each week.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will win 7 games and go to a bowl. If we get lucky maybe 8 games.

We should win Georgia St. Maryland, Kansas, Iowa St. and Kansas St. both lost to FCS schools yesterday. I think we will win 2 more, don't know which one but it is possible. One of those teams that lost to the FCS school could also get us. NDST is no push over. They would win over half the FBS programs.

The defense really only gave up 14 points yesterday the 3 was from Millard's turnover. The defense shut them down in the second half. I'm being realistic here and did see cause of concern on the defense giving up third down conversions. Millard seem to settle down and improve as the game went on. We never really took no deep shots down the field to loosen up their defense. Both our lines give me reason also for concern but I think we will see a different team next week.

Do I think we will win next week? It is possible but not probable.

LETTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see how we react to this. (I think). I'm still hopeful and have faith but the coaches need to prove themselves this coming week in preparing this team and making sure they learned something from this.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, Kansas State lost to the 2011-12 and 2012-13 FCS national champions. That's a little different than escaping a 2-8 FCS team that is expected to again be 2-8 and finish in the same 9th place in the CAA conference.

As for other teams losing to FCS teams... UConn, South Alabama, Georgia State, Iowa State, Oregon State, South Florida, and San Diego State all lost to FCS schools. I don't think those are programs we want to emulate...

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much emphasis on records and conference schedules on this thread. Throw that shit out the window cause it don't mean shit. Who knows how many games WV will win. As long as they improve, that is good enough for me because I know this is a new, young football team. Blaming the Head Coach, the OCC schedule and the conference is just sheer stupidity. How do you not know that Holgs didn't hold back the play book and the real performers (Kevin White) for next week? I know this much, I would rather go into OU weekend with a squeaker win over WM than a 40 point blowout. At least we know that there wont be any complacency. They will show up and know they got to go 100% all out on every snap. And what's up with the Bill Stewart bullshit? Stop living in the past and get with the future. Learn to live with it instead of bitching like a girl scout on week one.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Diehard. Next week will show us really what type of team we have. WVU DAD just was praying he could start his Football rant about how bad we are and how we were a power house under Nice Boy stweart and the Power of the Big East. Can't wait to see what he has to say after we win next week.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what will the spread be next week against Oklahoma if we are so bad 60?? 70??

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the points in this one West Virginia plus the 20.5

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weeks game is a real question mark, no one gives WVU a chance, BUT, historically that is when our teams rise up. BUT there are those times when the predicted spanking actually happens. I dont see a 40 point loss like has happened in the past, but I do not realistically see a win either.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will see some coaching in this one. Clock Control will be part of Dana's plan. RUN RUN RUN Take the points and the UNDER in this one. BET YOUR KIDS, The House and The Wife if you haven't killed her yet LOL

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jgb --I like your cheering spirit but I can think of about 102 different venues that I would rather play in than Norman. Yes, we have done it there before. I remember a hot September Saturday back in 1982 ( 31 years ago) when WV had been given no chance of winning and had a unproven transfer QB. The media said they were gonna get killed and that Stanley Wilson and Weldon Ledbetter were gonna run all over the Mountaineers. After OU went up 14-0, the Mountaineers came alive behind the passing of Jeff Hostetler who completed 17 of 37 passes for 321 yards and four touchdowns as WVU went on to beat the Sooners 41-27. So, yes it can be done but this time we don't have a "future superbowl" winning QB under center. Or do we? Who knows maybe Paul Mallard will walk on to the Cleveland Browns and be a future super bowl winner!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the OU game vs ULM and they looked pretty good. Their defense was very impressive and they ran the ball with power. The one glaring weakness I saw was in their passing game. I guess that's expected with a freshman QB, but he was shaky at times when throwing. Watch out for his wheels though, Knight can run.

My hope is that we can get after Knight and force a few INTs. If we can, then it's up to the offense to move the ball, and put some points on the board.

All hopes aside, I think OU handles our rush with ease. I could be wrong, but judging by our lack of pass rush vs W&M I can't see it. I know we didn't show the playbook in game 1, but I'm worried by the lack of physical dominance in the trenches. This could turn into a very long day.

Here's to hope.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Can Do We Can Do IT RAW RAW RAW. I will be happy with close game Win or Lose Respect is what I hope for, Even from WVUDAD LOL

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad is down on this team....lol...different board same guy.

24-17 win under Stew was a great defensive game, 24-17 under DH is worst win in program history. Lol

I think team, coach, crowd came out flat and it showed. Team is finding itself and Saturday is another step in that process. Scrap 2 QB system as quickly as possible, does not work and will only slow down process of building rhythm and these QB confidence in system.

Let's go!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get better, get better, get better. Even if we lose the game, get better as a team, that's the goal, let everything else take care of itself.