• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live William and Mary vs WVU Thread

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, the 24-17 wins that Stewart's teams delivered were against real teams. ONE IN FOUR Holgorsen coached games is a blowout loss, ONE of Stewart's 40 games as coach was a blowout loss. Fess up to why you really hated Stew. Holgorsen has led the team DOWN, I expect him to receive similar treatment from the fans as Stewart did. Crybaby boosters calling him a housepainter and taking his money away, people on here calling him names because of how he looks, etc. Them nine wins a year look pretty damn good now.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them 9 wins had nothing to do with Nice boy stewart. Any coach whould of won 9 wins with those teams. He was a puppet not a coach just like George Bush was a Puppet to Chainy

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad...Stew and DH have the same record to this point in their WVU careers, so why are you not showing him the same love as Stew? how has the team been led down? We are still feeling the effects of Stews lack of recruiting full classes. Don't get me wrong had some gems in there, but that has killed us over the last two years. I thought/hoped you killed this horse on CBS.

I thought Stew sucked as a coach, could care less about his hillbilly BS...he took a farrari of a offense and turned it into a model T. Two of his seasons should have easily been double digit BCS season... Saying he fixed his clock issues after Colorado is comical. He may be your hillbilly hero, but nothing he did he makes me miss him as coach. I'll give DH two more seasons, your hero would have had four himself if he acted like a man.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAME RECORD, NOPE, after one game of year three Stewart was 20-8, Holgorsen is 18-9, and will have to get an 11 win season this year to match Stewart. If you want to talk about who took what, Holgorsen took a top ten defense and turned it into a complete joke. Fraud was a defensive genius compared to Holgorsen. As to Stewart turning the offense into a model T, did you watch the games? The losses were almost all due to physical mistakes by players, fumbles, picks, etc. You guys said how easy it is to coach out fumbles.....what happenned to that?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Dad is up to his same stuff.

Too funny...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a WVU fan alive who wants to see its team struggle. No one will support poor football.

If WVU plays poorly this year, I think Dana will find himself firmly on the hot seat. Unless he loses this year's team, I don't think he is in danger of losing his job with a losing season.

He is Luck's hand-picked boy. He took over a team that had little depth. And, he has been part of a transition to a big-boy conference that plays not only a different style than what was seen in the BE... but, at a much different pace.

With all of the youth playing on both sides of the ball this season, I expect there to be some struggles. And, I hope we see them improve from beginning to end of the season. Of course, injuries and other matters could have a huge impact.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, if one wants to make a game against a FCS opponent a barometer game... let's look back to the past.

In 2009, WVU played Liberty in the first game. Liberty scored 20 pts... albeit a late TD to reach their final score. However, the game was close.... 26-13 past the mid-way mark of the 4th qtr.

In 2008, WVU played 'Nova and surrendered more yds, first downs, and TOP.

W&M played UofM pretty stout last season in its home opener. They gave up a 4th qtr TD to lose 7-6. Their team was hurt by the injury bug, and ended on a disappointing note. McBride is a pretty good WR, and WVU's defense shut him down in the 2nd half. How many 3 and outs did the defense achieve on Saturday? W&M only had 12 first downs in the game.

Wasn't a great game for sure... but, at least WVU won.

Most importantly... WVU needs to improve... move on... and improve some more...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me on the record, but it is 19-8 and 18-9 so close enough through 2 years and one game.....He had to rebuild the whole defense while going into a league where we played 5 of the top 15 offensive teams in the nation. RRod a defensive genuis??? Arizona had a worse total defensive team than we did last ranking 10 spots behind us. I love how you like to compare this apples to apples, the Big 12 is not the Big East, which Dana did better than your BOY 10-3 > 9-4 lol

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBW, I'll agree with Dad on Holgs. I think he is running WVU into the ground. Just because Dana is an OC genius does not make him a great head coach. You see it all the time where coordinators just don't make good head coaches. Shoot, Rex Ryan is one the the greatest defensive coordinators ever, but he's a horrid HC.

I will give Holgs a pass on this season as long as he can pick up the expected wins. Right now that's Iowa State, Kansas and Georgia State for me. Anything less and I will call for his head and all of you should. It's one thing to have a bad year. It's another to be a laughing stock.

Bill Stewart was a good man and a decent coach. I'm not going to sing his praises as a coach, but you couldn't have asked for a better human being. He didn't deserve to be treated the way he was, but he pushed the issue himself when he contacted the media. (Colin Dunlap iirc) That said, what does it matter? Bill is gone from the earth and there's no point dragging him through the mud.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBW good to see you aboard. I knew you would track down WVUDAD, he is just to much fun

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC WVU went 5-2 in BE play for Frauds last two years, Stews three years and Holgorsen's one year. If you want to run your mouth about leagues, then compare conference records. AND you are correct that the BE is not the B12, they actually play defense in the BE.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... The BE plays outstanding defense. That defense showed up Monday night when we saw Pitt get destroyed by FSU giving up 41 pts.

UConn gave up 48 pts to OU in 2010 Fiesta.

Cincy gave up 51 pts to UF in the 2009 Sugar.

Weird how those teams look when they play an offense with a pulse... huh?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac.....wouldn't Kansas st be a automatic win now since a close W means we suck, they actually lost....they might not win a game this year if we use some of our fans rational.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-4>7-6

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time this finger painter gets done, you will be wishing you had 9-4 again

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DC, you were one of the ones saying a few years ago that a close win was not good enough against LSU............ Now an unispirred win purely from being deeper over a 1AA team is reason to celebrate, WOW
:wtf2:

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVUDAD How many years ago did your wife leave you. I have a friend you can talk to if you need some help. I am sure you were a nice guy at one point of your life. Stay strong, you don't want your Son to grow up like you, do YOU???