• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of notables I would trade at the July 31st deadline...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Matt Garza
  • Scott Feldman
  • Alfonso Soriano
  • Darwin Barney

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs are stuck with Soriano. Nobody else wants him.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs are stuck with Soriano. Nobody else wants him.

With his inability to hit right-handers this year, you might be right. Could be a sign of things to come at his age. Cubs could be stuck with him as a platoon guy until his contract runs out in a year and half. Still, he's got a good track record when plugged into a DH role.

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we eat up almost all of Sori's contract someone would want him.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he keeps this hot streak up, he'll be gone sooner rather than later. We'll eat some of his contract but he should bring some nice pieces in return.

SirGladiator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think Theo has made it clear he's willing to eat most of the Soriano salary, so long as we get high quality in return. Soriano as a DH is definitely still a dangerous hitter, he just hit two homers in one game the other day. I'd love to trade Garza, Gregg, Soriano, and Castro in some kind of mega-package for a blockbuster deal that sets us up to win it all next year. That's the type of deal I'd love to see.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we eat up almost all of Sori's contract someone would want him.

They were willing to eat 18/19 million for each of the last two seasons and nobody wanted him. I can see the yankees looking at him coming back, with a roid and jeter maybe returning they are ready to make a run.

The yankees are offering Phil Hughes in a trade, say he is not their kind of pitcher. That would be a long term solution with a decent player, not lottery tickets to delay the kids we have from playing.

Bring up Lake and BJax and let them play now that Hairston is gone and we are losing a center fielder a week.

SirGladiator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Giants wanted Soriano last year, and he vetoed the trade. With him having a couple multi-homer games recently, and really heating up the way he has, I'm pretty sure somebody's gonna want him, especially if we eat most of the salary. With the news out there that Cleveland wants Garza badly, is it possible they'd be interested in Soriano as a DH, or do they already have a good one?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, the sooner Soriano is gone, the better.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can move soriano, especially now that he is hitting again, but bottom line, he is a hot weather player and the world series is usually played in 30-40 degree weather. Teams know he wont be that player in october, unless its a dome. He can carry a team for a week though, I just cant see paying all but a million dollars left on his salary with his current production, even if we get the top prospect.

SirGladiator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind paying big money for a bigtime prospect. But it would need to be pretty bigtime, because Soriano is a bigtime hitter. He just can't stop hitting homers, something like 10 homers in his last 17 games. He might cool off come playoff time, but he sure can help get a team there in the first place! But it's all about Garza right now, looks like one of the players Texas was offering us may be hurt? Honestly I'd rather take the Cardinals prospects than the Rangers ones anyway, they're generally much better. But hopefully the deal gets done before Garza's next start, sure don't want a repeat of last year.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say its Olt and his concussion problems and some issue with his eyesight. This was the man they would not give up for dempster last year, now they want him to be the center of this trade when we have bryant, villanueva and baez to figure out third base? I would expect a high risk high reward for sori or dejesus, not for Garza.

SirGladiator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, basically the Rangers tried to pull a fast one on us, and Theo wasn't fooled. That's why we got him, he's got the best baseball mind of any GM, they can't put one over on Theo! No doubt he will be looking seriously at trading Garza to Oakland just to show them the consequences of trying something like that. I still hope in the end we trade him to St Louis. Their prospects are by far the best in the business today, Rosenthal, Wacha, Martinez, etc. any one of them would be great to have, if we can get any two of them I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. Let Texas keep their crippled minor leaguers, and let them enjoy watching the Playoffs from home again this year.

Sportsmen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be able to move Navarro, Schierholtz, Gregg, Villanueva, and Russell.

I hope we could move Soriano and Jackson.

I hope Theo and Jed stay active and helping this team accumulate the prospects we need.

SirGladiator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look a bit promising regarding Soriano. I wouldn't want to give up Russell unless the price is really right, we really need 'more' lefty relievers, not less. I hope we can trade Gregg while his value is still high, not sure what Villanueva's value is right now, but I'm afraid that Jackson isn't really going to be tradable, if people wanted him they could've just outbid us in the off-season, and he's having a bad year. Dejesus might be tradable, he's back off the DL, if he starts out hot he would be a real candidate. Imagine trading Dejesus and Soriano for more major prospects, certainly the Yankees would be a prime candidate for a deal like that, they need hitting so badly, it's crazy how bad the players are they're being forced to use now due to all those injuries, they're almost like a AAA team now, but Girardi still has them hanging in there. He's such an incredible manager, shame we didn't get him when we had the chance, still don't understand why we didn't. Too bad you can't trade for managers :) .

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he keeps this hot streak up, he'll be gone sooner rather than later. We'll eat some of his contract but he should bring some nice pieces in return.
Seems the Yanks are interested. I think 1 mediocre prospect is all we'll get. And we will have to eat most of the contract. But it'll open a spot in the OF for management to get a look at the young guys. And put an end to an era.
Also enjoy your posts on the Bears board. But haven't seen you there lately

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sori gone, yanks are paying 1.8 left on this years deal and 5 million of next years contract, which is alot of money. Last year the cubs were willing to pay Z money of 17/18 million the final two years to get rid of him.

I worry about Lake in left field because there is an extra wall he can run thru out there lol, but want BJax to get well and back here before he is dealt away waiting for Soler, Almora and Bryant to fill the outfield.

SouthPasCubbie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SouthPasCubbie

3 of 4 so far. With all the prospects in the minors who can play second, now might be the time for Barney to be moved, as I don't believe his average will be enough to keep him in the majors. I'd add Schierholtz to the list, although with Soriano gone, he's our only consistent hitter.

SirGladiator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I definitely like Shierholtz, I'd like to see him stick around. Let's trade Dejesus instead, and Gregg, and Samarja. That's who I'm looking to move if I'm Theo.