• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs Chargers Game Day Thread

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poorly coached game all the way around. Particularly in the 2nd half.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'You guys just see the game winning drive Linehan designed?

It was a thing of beauty. (Giants also are idiots for passing on third down.)

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked like dog shit. In his defense, he got absolutely mowed down a couple of times thanks to Lombardi leaving him hanging out to dry.

I'm still trying to figure out if Stafford or Lombardi has ever seen a 6-man front in their football careers. Sure didn't look like it.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'You guys just see the game winning drive Linehan designed?

It was a thing of beauty.

A QB that can pass and a TE that can catch IS a thing of beauty.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Austin bring back the wide-9?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin's magical play book must have gotten lost yesterday?

Yeah, didn't adjust to stop the underneath stuff, 15 catches by Keenan Allen, 35/42 for Rivers. Just bad.
But the offense didn't help matters. How about sustaining a drive at some point before the 2-minute warning? Calvin was abandoned and the run was abandoned. After 21-3, the Lions were outscored 30-0. Inexcusable.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time of Possession:

Chargers 38:12 for 483 yards.
Lions 21:48 for 302 yards.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, didn't adjust to stop the underneath stuff, 15 catches by Keenan Allen, 35/42 for Rivers. Just bad.
But the offense didn't help matters. How about sustaining a drive at some point before the 2-minute warning? Calvin was abandoned and the run was abandoned. After 21-3, the Lions were outscored 30-0. Inexcusable.

Hmm. I was told you can just plug in any DT to this magical defense and it would work. Didn't buy it then, no one should buy it now.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. I was told you can just plug in any DT to this magical defense and it would work. Didn't buy it then, no one should buy it now.

Levy not in was the biggest factor. DTs were no worse then what Suh did in Miami today. Suh was a non factor as well. Although he did have a decent head kick. Kudos.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell needs to start acting like this Jim and not that Jim. It looked like a Shwartz run team minus the penalties, player tantrums and cheap shots. Play well for a while and then make no adjustments and get beat.

I have the feeling Jim C was too soft on these guys all offseason and they are not in game shape. They look like a talented team that is still in preseason mode. Played a decent first half (only a quarter and a half really) and were completely spent by the end of the first half. IMO too many guys did not play at all in the preseason and were in this game way too long. Basically, the entire starting D-line. Hunt was the only guy getting constant pressure. Dont even get me started on the LBs. Tulloch is a turtle and unless he gets moving he will probably be out of a job next year. Huge difference between Levy and the next best LB on this team. Secondary was not terrible as Slay and Quinn played decent but Mathis basically just played 10 yards off and waited for the WR to catch the ball. Idig could not wrap anyone up but at least he was moving well.

Offense was clueless on what to do. AA looked good. Heck even Ebron was good except for the poor fundamentals on the first pass. The last 4 he looked very good. he even blocked half way decent. The rest of the offense was non existent. Lombardi is clueless.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy not in was the biggest factor. DTs were no worse then what Suh did in Miami today. Suh was a non factor as well. Although he did have a decent head kick. Kudos.

Suh hsd a great game. Pressured Cousins into a huge INT. I no longer expect you to know what good defensive football means. You're lost.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell needs to start acting like this Jim and not that Jim. It looked like a Shwartz run team minus the penalties, player tantrums and cheap shots. Play well for a while and then make no adjustments and get beat.

I have the feeling Jim C was too soft on these guys all offseason and they are not in game shape. They look like a talented team that is still in preseason mode. Played a decent first half (only a quarter and a half really) and were completely spent by the end of the first half. IMO too many guys did not play at all in the preseason and were in this game way too long. Basically, the entire starting D-line. Hunt was the only guy getting constant pressure. Dont even get me started on the LBs. Tulloch is a turtle and unless he gets moving he will probably be out of a job next year. Huge difference between Levy and the next best LB on this team. Secondary was not terrible as Slay and Quinn played decent but Mathis basically just played 10 yards off and waited for the WR to catch the ball. Idig could not wrap anyone up but at least he was moving well.

Offense was clueless on what to do. AA looked good. Heck even Ebron was good except for the poor fundamentals on the first pass. The last 4 he looked very good. he even blocked half way decent. The rest of the offense was non existent. Lombardi is clueless.

Ya let's blame Lombardi. He doesn't play on the field. And neither does your magical Austin.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh hsd a great game. Pressured Cousins into a huge INT. I no longer expect you to know what good defensive football means. You're lost.

He had 1 good play and 1 tackle. And 1 good kick to the head.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 1 good play and 1 tackle. And 1 good kick to the head.

Man up and own it OL.

"You can plug anyone in at DT in Austin's magical defense."

- Old Lion all off season

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya let's blame Lombardi. He doesn't play on the field. And neither does your magical Austin.

No excuse for Austin. I said it during the game. No adjustments made. No excuse for that. He coached a bad game. We will see if it continues. If it does then he we be in the same category as Lombardi.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuse for Austin. I said it during the game. No adjustments made. No excuse for that. He coached a bad game. We will see if it continues. If it does then he we be in the same category as Lombardi.

Suh was the defense, not Austin. Not sure what other proof you guys need, but you'll get it. Gonna be a long season.