• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let Houston get the 3rd down snaps all night. He has enough film of him bending around LTs on the outside that he can probably walk to he QB on the inside once or twice.

Worst case he is as good as the current DEs opposite of Hutchinson.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sat down to watch the Packers play the Niners one lat time like somehow if I scout it the Lions will benefit.

LFG!!!

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two possessions - two scores - ground pounding - keep the momentum with the Lions!

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points off turnover. Three RUSHING touchdowns! Three different ball carriers. Wait until the pass game kicks in.

Go Lions!

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great first half. Surprised Dan kicked a field goal, but up three scores puts the pressure on.

Did you hear the cheers of “Jared Goff” coming out of commercial? Pretty awesome to hear at an away game.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now is when we’ll learn if the Lions are for real. In a game of touchdowns, they held them to a Field Goal. Now the Lions need to answer.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate our defense

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense really didn’t lose the game. The Offense was stopped too many times In the second half. First half all three phases played well. Second half, not so much.

It’s a young team. Let’s see them improve next year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Campbell 100% deserved to lose that game. What an absolute joke.
Yes. Those stat recommendations should go out the window in the playoffs. Especially on the road. You are up 3 scores in the second half you take whatever points you can get. Those 1/2 of 1% 4th down charts are OK for regular season games at home. Not road playoff games. Hard to believe he didnt believe enough in Badgely to try a 46 yarder. Even one of those 2 FGs and we probably win that game.

Ben Johnson continued to have no 3rd quarter gameplan either. He will make a terrible HC. Reminds me of Josh McDaniels. Creates great offenses but game mgmt not good. Running your scat back up the middle with 12 in the box is retarded.

For once I dont blame AG. Too many guys just dont tackle well. Hopefully we dump Romeo. He is terrible. We need a CB that can tackle as well as cover too. Sutton might be OK but the rest are gone except maybe bring up Gilmore. We need 2 starters and 1 more draft pick.

Last edited:

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Those stat recommendations should go out the window in the playoffs. Especially on the road. You are up 3 scores in the second half you take whatever points you can get. Those 1/2 of 1% 4th down charts are OK for regular season games at home. Not road playoff games. Hard to believe he didnt believe enough in Badgely to try a 46 yarder. Even one of those 2 FGs and we probably win that game.

Ben Johnson continued to have no 3rd quarter gameplan either. He will make a terrible HC. Reminds me of Josh McDaniels. Creates great offenses but game mgmt not good. Running your scat back up the middle with 12 in the box is retarded.

For once I dont blame AG. Too many guys just dont tackle well. Hopefully we dump Romeo. He is terrible. We need a CB that can tackle as well as cover too. Sutton might be OK but the rest are gone except maybe bring up Gilmore. We need 2 starters and 1 more draft pick.
It is called situational awareness, and man do I hope he learns it quick. Aggressive in regular season or down big in playoffs, go for it. Up by 3 scores and need to keep momentum when it is clearly starting to slip is huge in NFCC is completely different

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Forty-Niners didn’t win the game; Detroit lost it. The vast majority of the fault lays with the players. The coaching staff could have helped more on keeping momentum up by taking/attempting field goals instead of continually pushing all the chips in. The last run instead of taking a pass cost the Lions the last chance and clock control needed for that situation. Hopefully the coaching staff learns from this, as well as we keep the core coaches in place. The team always needs new players; working free agency and the the draft can add to the physical talent pool. Experience and a willingness to learn is what raises the level of coaching.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Forty-Niners didn’t win the game; Detroit lost it. The vast majority of the fault lays with the players. The coaching staff could have helped more on keeping momentum up by taking/attempting field goals instead of continually pushing all the chips in. The last run instead of taking a pass cost the Lions the last chance and clock control needed for that situation. Hopefully the coaching staff learns from this, as well as we keep the core coaches in place. The team always needs new players; working free agency and the the draft can add to the physical talent pool. Experience and a willingness to learn is what raises the level of coaching.
I think this takes away from what the 49ers accomplished. They didn't make us drop the pick, the the catch that followed was game changing and all SF

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Johnson is returning. Whether we like it or not