• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions > Dolphins

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Bridgewater a lot coming out of college. He reminded me a lot of Aaron Rodgers how he shuffles around the pocket and keeps his eyes down field. Bit of a funky delivery but still highly accurate.

He's not even close to Stafford yet. Cut it out.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or not so surprisingly, depending on how good or pedestrian you thought he was last year. I'm in the not so surprised camp.

But he was as good as Fairly. Thats my point. If we upgraade that position, the Suh loss is less dramatic.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't have your cake and it it too. Your hero, Mayhew BEGGED and PLEADED and CRIED "PLEASE SUH! Please come to your senses!!"

And he wasn't even talking about a QB, he was talking about a DT. LOL.

Seems like you were right up under Mayhews nuts, begging and sucking Suh's nuts also, hoping he would stay. Now that he's gone, you're over in Miami following his nuts. LOL

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if people here know how bad that makes Stafford. He's got 3 years NFL experience on Tanny but STILL has a lower completion %, lower QB rating, and his offense averages less points.

I'll be willing to bet Stafford has a better year.

Ouch.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the bet?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he under performs in year 7? Then we need 8 years before judging.

Let me know when Bridgewater puts up 5,000 and 41...and is even considered for the probowl.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the bet?

Well its got to be the Dolphins in the SB right? Weren't you saying before free agency that this Lions team was a contender with Suh and that's why he needed to be retained at all costs? Franchised if necessary even.

If you feel the Dolphins were already better on the offensive side of the ball, and have now gotten even better this offseason AND added Suh to a defense you have said was already good and will surround him with more talent then they should be the clear cut favorite to win the AFC right?

If the Lions were a contender with a worse offense but having Suh then the Dolphins with a much better offense and Suh and are a no brainer to dominate in the AFC.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its got to be the Dolphins in the SB right?

Stopped reading right here. Save your over the top long winded posts for someone who's dumb enough to read them.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped reading right here. Save your over the top long winded posts for someone who's dumb enough to read them.

You mean like you, because you read every word before you cleverly put together that response and we both know it. If it makes you feel better to pretend otherwise feel free.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make up shit. Never once said Miami was going to the Super Bowl. Just makes you look like you're showing off for your followers.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when Bridgewater puts up 5,000 and 41...and is even considered for the probowl.

Cam Newton made the probowl the year Stafford put up those numbers. So 'probowl' does nothing to further anyone's argument. The probowl is a joke.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make up shit. Never once said Miami was going to the Super Bowl. Just makes you look like you're showing off for your followers.

I didn't say that you did. You said what's the bet?

If the Phins were already better on offense and got better this offseason, they were a good defense that has now added Suh, then shouldn't they be a SB favorite and a logical bet? You felt the Lions were a contender with him and a lesser offense.

Do you not feel that way or are you just continuing this rant for the enjoyment of your own IC?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't get a bet from me. We certainly did not get better this offseason via the personnel moves we made. Not even close. Might we be better because our players have developed or the coaching is better? I have no idea and its not an argument that I would even attempt to make since every team in the league could have the same thing.
This is true. 100% agree.

I think we stayed pretty close to even in that department. Lost Suh, who simply cannot be directly replaced, but we brought in another All-Pro DT to fill his spot. So there's going to be some drop-off at DT, but otherwise we're not in bad shape at all... There's also addition by subtraction from ridding ourselves of Raiola.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that you did. You said what's the bet?

If the Phins were already better on offense and got better this offseason, they were a good defense that has now added Suh, then shouldn't they be a SB favorite and a logical bet? You felt the Lions were a contender with him and a lesser offense.

Do you not feel that way or are you just continuing this rant for the enjoyment of your own IC?

Super Bowl favorite??

And lol the Lions were not a SB contender. Can't even beat winning teams. They were close to winning the North w Suh. Now they aren't even in the discussion.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think the Dolphins improved that much. I would consider them slightly better on each side of the ball. I don't think Suh is a fit there. Will he make them better? Absolutely. But overtaking the Patriots is a huge stretch to believe.

At the same time, I don't think the Lions have declined that much. I would rather have lost Jones and Tulloch and kept Suh, but overall, going from Suh to Ngata with keeping Tully and JJ is not enough for me to say we're rebuilding, so to speak.

But added up, they improved, we declined. IMO you could defend either or as the better team. Slightly. The only thing I would disagree with is saying either team is definitively better. Other than that, its an opinion I can accept. And my opinion is, that currently, the Fins are slightly better.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of theirs and hope the Lions go 16-0 and they go 0-16. So I'm done with defending another team against the Lions.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins improved. But they have a 1 year window, 2 if they restructure some deals. But Tannehill has to get a new contract and then they will start feeling the bite of Suh's contract. Letting Clay go was a mistake as I am not sure they ave the receiving threats to match their game plan. Tannehill threw more dink and dumps than Stafford did so the guys that run a seven yard crossing or wheel routes become huge in the Dophins scheme.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really tips the scales is that the Lions have Bozo The Clown and Crazy Guggenheim running the show, and the Dolphins don't.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl favorite??

Fair enough, one of the top contenders in the AFC?

And lol the Lions were not a SB contender. Can't even beat winning teams

Are you suggesting that Ebron can't push the Lions over that hump? What about the great draft haul that is coming in May?(it is May right?)

I wanted Suh resigned as much as those of you more vocal supporters. I said we could afford him and was happy with a deal all the way to $17.5m/avg. The Clown Show screwed it up just like they have everything else.

I'll make you a bet for a little fun just to try and take the edge off a bit. You and I will each change our avatars to a smiling photo of Mayhew and put something nice in that line under the picture and put in words of praise about Mayhew in the signature. Whoever posts something that is determined to be a bashing of the front office or a definitely negative post loses and has to rock whatever avatar, title, and signature line the winner wants (within reason) until after the draft. Given our somewhat shared vile feelings for the front office and equally aggressive personalities it might be fun to try and watch posts be made in such a wildly different way. I suspect we have a winner in a pretty short period of time. ?????