• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions > Dolphins

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. I never ever said the Lions were a 6 win team without Suh and the Dolphins will be a 13 win team with him. Not even close. But I like how you twist my words around to make it seem like I did. Especially coming from someone who just posted this in another thread:

"This is one of the biggest pain in the ass things on the board- posters who don't like what they're reading, so they twist people's words to try to make it seem like they're saying something absurd, like you did above."
I'm just trying to make sense of what you're putting out there, is all. We finished 3 games better than Miami did and beat them heads-up. So I guess I over-shot with 5 games, but the only real difference between then and now is they have Suh, and we don't, so it sure seems like you're saying he's worth 3 to 3.5 games a year in wins, since they're better than us now, after being very obviously not better than us just several months ago...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple math here. If you thought Suh was worth even just 1.5 games, which isn't absurd, that makes up the 3 game difference by itself.

But the real homerism I see is thinking we got better losing our best player and the Dolphins got worse gaining the 2nd most disruptive defensive force in the NFL.

Using the "we beat them" theme as us being better, Houston barely beat the Bills last year. I guess if you took Watt and placed him in Buffalo that the Texans are still the better team?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they made a great hire- Arizona's defense was much better than it's parts said it should have been- but Bowles has a lot of work to do before that team is winning many games. A QB and some offensive weapons have to be at the top of his list, I'd think...

Jets have a real shot at some major improvements in areas of need. At 6, they could grab a WR, QB or whatever and come back with that early second round pick too.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to make sense of what you're putting out there, is all. We finished 3 games better than Miami did and beat them heads-up. So I guess I over-shot with 5 games, but the only real difference between then and now is they have Suh, and we don't, so it sure seems like you're saying he's worth 3 to 3.5 games a year in wins, since they're better than us now, after being very obviously not better than us just several months ago...

Correct, TP.

No way they say Miami is better if we still had Suh. See how that works? Im not sure where Miami is better at, at this moment.

And here's another thing:

How can other playoff teams be better than other teams headimg "into" the season but impossible for the Lions to be better because last year was last year and thats the past?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds are that the Lions probably wouldn't have been able to maintain the 2nd ranked defense this year even if Suh came back. If the Lions end up 8th or so in defense this year, Suh lovers will automatically say its because Suh left. In fact, if anything negative happens, it will be because of Suh.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha, so you're with the crew that thinks adding Suh just bought them 5 extra wins and cost us 5 wins, then.

I'm of the opinion that no defensive player makes such a drastic difference, but that's just me...
13-3 for the Suhphins would make me an out of town homer. Im not going that far.

Us winning 6, well, were the Lions....

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions barely beat the Dolphins at home last season. They had a very nice year. The dolphins added Suh to what was already a good defense. They got rid of Wallace but it's unknown whether that was a financial issue solely or if their 2nd year OC didn't think he was crucial for his offense with the price tag he was carrying. There are so many variables from season to season that either team could improve or take a step back.

These teams were close last season. Could see them being close to each other again.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are trending up. Lions are trending down. Simple as that.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk about the Jets, lol. They're really bad...

They were last or near last in the leave against the pass. IMO it was not because of the front seven. Have you paid attention to the FA pickups the Jets made. Pretty solid now on the back end. I can easily see the Jets be near a top ten over all defense. Sure Geno sucks, so did Trent Dilfer...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The draft could change that swing, as I also think the Phins are trending up. As is the rest of their division foes. Some moves I liked, others I did not. Clay was one move I did not agree with. Feel he is better all around TE than Jordan. Who is a injury risk. Money forced this move as the tag was way bigger than Cameron's 4.5 hit. That also forces Dion Sims to be a better run blocker now. Felt they surely got stronger with Suh, at the same time the cost did weaken them some. Odrick would be a beast with Suh. Couldn't afford him though. Suh makes others better and will have to. As other spots got weaker IMO. The LB core could go either way. Misi will fine... They have to hit in the draft and hope this unsure kid from the Giants Paysinger pans out.

I like the trade for Stills. May have been addition by subtraction with Wallace. It does force RT to get used to another #1 and 2 guy yet again. (Hartline also gone) Which could hamper his development.

TP this in no way changes my loyalty to the Lions. As I also follow the Chiefs this closely.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care which team is currently better. It doesn't mean shit IMO as either is super bowl bound this year. Time will tell who's better, Gotta wait till around late Dec. this year.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit on the Dolphins trending up.

Defense up, offense down. The rollover and die weak teams in the division got better and are trending up, Phins are neutral at best

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense down and defense up lead to 11-5 for the Lions year. Just none of us knew it was going to play out that way.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense down and defense up lead to 11-5 for the Lions year. Just none of us knew it was going to play out that way.
Ironically most fans(myself included)thought the Lions offense would be great
and the defense was a question mark with several holes to fill. That's the NFL for you.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins gained Kenny Stills and Jordan Cameron while losing Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, and Hartline. That's an upgrade. Stills is Wallace with better hands.

The Bills got McCoy, Jets got Revis, and Dolphins got Suh. Not exactly enough of a difference to claim Bills and Jets trending upwards and Fins downwards(or same), especially considering the Fins have a HUGE edge in QB and are not entering rebuilding schemes with new coaches.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit on the Dolphins trending up.

Defense up, offense down. The rollover and die weak teams in the division got better and are trending up, Phins are neutral at best

Lol they get Suh and you call them neutral.

K

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so much fear in this thread.

90% of Lions fans aren't concerned with their own team. They're just concerned with pretending the Lions are better than an AFC East team. One they won't even play unless both make the Super Bowl.

If I weren't a fan of both, Id be more concerned aboot the Lions being better than the Vikings next year. But I am. So Im not. (That's a lie, Im concerned. Pretty sure the Viks won't be fuckin' 'round next year.)

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol they get Suh and you call them neutral.

K
Said offense down, defense up. That equals neutral at best.

Gets your eyes checked, Avapro is a good blood pressure medicine, and stop masturbating to the Suh FatHead on your wall (you will go blind).

He's one player, no more. 11 on each side of the ball.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying Vikes > Lions keeps you up at night?
I do not usually lose any sleep over sports. Vikes will be tougher this year. I can see a split for sure. I might need some Zzzquil now that you brought this up to the attention of my frontal lobe.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said offense down, defense up. That equals neutral at best.

Gets your eyes checked, Avapro is a good blood pressure medicine, and stop masturbating to the Suh FatHead on your wall (you will go blind).

He's one player, no more. 11 on each side of the ball.

Offense down? Lol

K