• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions > Dolphins

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is progressing for sure, but that progression doesn't give them an advantage over Stafford imo. Stafford isn't done progressing either. We witnessed last year what happens when he doesn't take so many chances. Learning when to take chances will be another important step in his progression.

I wonder if people here know that Stafford is only 5 months older than Tannehill?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this funny at times but very confusing. I can't believe how losing Suh has some fans reacting. Not just here, but other boards too. I understand that people have favorite players but I never realized how serious it gets. We're not even talking about a QB, we're talking about a DT. LOL.

Can't have your cake and it it too. Your hero, Mayhew BEGGED and PLEADED and CRIED "PLEASE SUH! Please come to your senses!!"

And he wasn't even talking about a QB, he was talking about a DT. LOL.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if people here know that Stafford is only 5 months older than Tannehill?

I wonder if people here know how bad that makes Stafford. He's got 3 years NFL experience on Tanny but STILL has a lower completion %, lower QB rating, and his offense averages less points.

Ouch.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhmm, how about NO. Let's see how Stills does with Ryan Tannehill throwing to him instead of Drew Brees and against #1 coverage. He was no pro bowler playing on the league's #1 passing offense with a HOF QB throwing to him and he doesn't have that luxury any more now does he? I do believe it was a post from you not long ago pointing out that Wallace had 10 td's. BTW, Stills had 3 in a much better passing offense.

:L Not only is he not a better player he is the second coming of Jahvid Best. He can't help if he isn't on the field and even if he is he still isn't as good as Clay.

Thanks for that piece of worthless trivia. Not sure how that applies to my question (that was directed to someone else that you decided to answer) but aren't the Lions also entering their 2nd year in a new offense?

Did I miss the Dolphins in the playoffs? Maybe I did. BTW, Stafford got better in each of his first three years as well despite the injury time. "Significantly" is your opinion. The Dolphins record does not appear to agree with you.

Thank you for the additional worthless trivia nugget there that also has nothing to do with the question I ask. On top of that, he wasn't an offseason addition. After being forced into action by injury he had a solid year. He wasn't even a starter prior to that. Why not? Or If that 5.1 ypc average is truly indicative of his talent as a RB I suspect he will be pushing for the league lead in carries right? Why didn't that happen with him last year?

It's your opinion and you are entitled to it but Suh doesn't play offense, although maybe he should since he appears to be Superman to some on this board. I don't think you can say your offense got better when 15 of your 27 receiving TD's and half your receiving yards aren't on the team any more. But they were replaced with a guy who needs to go through the concussion protocol after he snaps his chinstrap and another guy with overblown stats from the leagues top passing offense who will now face a much higher level of competition with a much lower level of supporting QB.

A+ for color-coding that motherfucker in the interest of clarity. That's a great idea for responding to multiple topics within the same post. I usually break it down by "A.), B.), C.), etc..., but this way looks much better...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different day, same posters crying about the same shit.

I say let them cry.
Does this include me crying about those crying about Suh? I'm thinking it does... At the very least it should...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Bridgewater a lot coming out of college. He reminded me a lot of Aaron Rodgers how he shuffles around the pocket and keeps his eyes down field. Bit of a funky delivery but still highly accurate.
And I thought you were nuts at this time last year. I was wrong though, wrong enough to start a thread aboot it.

Teddy's gonna be a good one. Especially when he finally reaches year seven and we can judge him.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I thought you were nuts at this time last year. I was wrong though, wrong enough to start a thread aboot it.

Teddy's gonna be a good one. Especially when he finally reaches year seven and we can judge him.

What if he under performs in year 7? Then we need 8 years before judging.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true.

Or if he gets hurt. Have to start 16 games for a season to count.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'm learning to spot the best/most konwledgable posts by the negative ratings the DolphTwins are giving them...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody saying the Lions got better or stayed the same, name the bet. Anything you want, Lions win 11+ you win.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that. I'm too big of a Lions fan. Can't watch a game and have any part of me hoping they lose.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody saying the Lions got better or stayed the same, name the bet. Anything you want, Lions win 11+ you win.
How is it so inconceivable that we could get better, or, at the very least, stay the same?

Year two in a new system- that says we should get better on both sides of the ball. Slay, Ansah, Ebron, Whitehead, Van Noy, Warford, Swanson, Taylor, Webster, Fuller, Fauria, Riddick- lots of young talent (both starters and role players) to develop into bigger roles.

I get that losing Suh is a HUGE blow to the defense, no argument there at all, but at least we replaced him with another elite DT- that helps a ton.

All-in-all it should be completely acceptable that we could (not will, but could) get better, as a TEAM, even without Suh. We were the Detroit Lions last season, after all, not the Detroit Ndamukong Suh...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Walker ends up being a beast, then we would already be even. Fairly was no better than Mosely. Pretty decent but not great. If we upgrade that DT position then there may not be a noticeable dropoff. Surprisingly noone picked up Mosely yet either.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You won't get a bet from me. We certainly did not get better this offseason via the personnel moves we made. Not even close. Might we be better because our players have developed or the coaching is better? I have no idea and its not an argument that I would even attempt to make since every team in the league could have the same thing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it so inconceivable that we could get better, or, at the very least, stay the same?

Year two in a new system- that says we should get better on both sides of the ball. Slay, Ansah, Ebron, Whitehead, Van Noy, Warford, Swanson, Taylor, Webster, Fuller, Fauria, Riddick- lots of young talent (both starters and role players) to develop into bigger roles.

I get that losing Suh is a HUGE blow to the defense, no argument there at all, but at least we replaced him with another elite DT- that helps a ton.

All-in-all it should be completely acceptable that we could (not will, but could) get better, as a TEAM, even without Suh. We were the Detroit Lions last season, after all, not the Detroit Ndamukong Suh...

Same point the rest of us are making. Could go 4-12. So what's with the board divide? This is the only message board I've ever been part of where otherwise friendly people became divided and cast off others for not agreeing with them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly noone picked up Mosely yet either.

Or not so surprisingly, depending on how good or pedestrian you thought he was last year. I'm in the not so surprised camp.