• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's get it Kobe!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its actually as YOU say. I was very clear on what I hope/expect from him.
Whatever, if anything he adds, is just house money at this point!

:agree: There was really no reason for the Heat NOT to bring in Oden!! Worst case, they spend a million dollars to find out the kids knees just won't hold up. Best case, they address their most glaring need to at least some extent!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are grasping at straws!!!

You are saying that Buss lied about the Howard part but not about the D'Antoni part!!

That makes ZERO sense. Take a minute and think about it.

Seems like he was just doing something you are unfamiliar with. Understand and telling the truth!

So let's see how the "telling the truth" works in turnupville!!

Actual quotes, directly from the mouth of the player involved = "grasping at straws"!!

A 3rd party saying "He said this" = indisputable fact!!

Talk about "ZERO sense"!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said POTENTIALLY a huge weapon and listed reasons why. It isn't like we are banking on him for anything. You act like he has no talent. Like he just came out of a cave. He WAS the #1 pick in the NBA draft. It's all a matter of health or no health with him. If there is health, he will be a weapon.

You posted a picture and said he was the latest Heat weapon. A role player, if he can even play, is hardly a weapon. Even if healthy, I question how much use the Heat will actually have for him. He is sort of the antithesis of the Heat's style of basketball.

When speaking of Kaman and the Lakers, you called him a scrub. This is a former NBA All-Star who has a good offensive game. He will be an important part of the Lakers season. He has had a lot more success in the NBA than Oden. Kaman will have a much more significant role with the Lakers than Oden will with the Heat.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted a picture and said he was the latest Heat weapon. A role player, if he can even play, is hardly a weapon. Even if healthy, I question how much use the Heat will actually have for him. He is sort of the antithesis of the Heat's style of basketball.

When speaking of Kaman and the Lakers, you called him a scrub. This is a former NBA All-Star who has a good offensive game. He will be an important part of the Lakers season. He has had a lot more success in the NBA than Oden. Kaman will have a much more significant role with the Lakers than Oden will with the Heat.

He might, but that is because the Heat has a championship roster and the Lakers are a projected 12 seed.

If Kaman were on the Heat, we wouldn't expect any more from him then we do Oden.

As far as the weapon stuff, you are splitting hairs.
IMO, James Jones is a weapon because he can sit for weeks and then enter a game and bury a 3 if called upon.

IF Oden stays healthy, then he will contribute.
That = another weapon.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might, but that is because the Heat has a championship roster and the Lakers are a projected 12 seed.

He will based on the makeup of the rosters and what they were signed for. It has nothing to do with ESPN projections.

As far as the weapon stuff, you are splitting hairs.
IMO, James Jones is a weapon because he can sit for weeks and then enter a game and bury a 3 if called upon.

IF Oden stays healthy, then he will contribute.
That = another weapon.

I'm not splitting hairs, just trying to keep you somewhat consistent. You should understand why when you call Oden a weapon and Kaman a scrub. Is Kaman a weapon?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see how the "telling the truth" works in turnupville!!

Actual quotes, directly from the mouth of the player involved = "grasping at straws"!!

A 3rd party saying "He said this" = indisputable fact!!

Talk about "ZERO sense"!!

Your ridiculous. Phil Jackson was NEVER his coach, was he?

So, how can that be your reason to stay or not stay.

What the Lakers had, that he most disliked were DAntoni and Kobe.
This isn't rocket science.

The 3rd party is the Lakers owner, not a beer vendor.

IF Howard was willing to play with Kobe, and his only obstacle in staying was to remove D'Antoni, then they would have fired him. Sudden coaching changes wouldn't be anything new to this Laker regime, would it?

On top of that, Buss publicly said that he was pretty much willing to let Kobe go after this season. Correct?

Howard couldn't stand the thought of even one more season with him, apparently!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will based on the makeup of the rosters and what they were signed for. It has nothing to do with ESPN projections.

I'm not splitting hairs, just trying to keep you somewhat consistent. You should understand why when you call Oden a weapon and Kaman a scrub. Is Kaman a weapon?

I am consistent. We just disagree on the definition of a scrub.
Like I commented earlier, to me, players like James Jones, are scrubs.
That doesn't mean he can't be a weapon when he is playing.

As far as Kaman, yes, I agree he should be a weapon on the Lakers.
Plus, when I called the Laker addition scrubs, it wasn't an individual evaluation. It was as a group addition and I was weighing it against what they lost.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Greg Oden is a weapon then Adam Morrison is Jordan.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your ridiculous. Phil Jackson was NEVER his coach, was he?

So, how can that be your reason to stay or not stay.

Because he said that if Phil was the coach he would have stayed. It's not MY reason, it's HIS!!

What the Lakers had, that he most disliked were DAntoni and Kobe.
This isn't rocket science.

What the Lakers had that Dwight stated he disliked was D'Antoni!! When asked about Kobe, Dwight said: "Kobe had nothing to do with my decision".

The 3rd party is the Lakers owner, not a beer vendor.

And that means what exactly? That with all of the heat that he's been taking he would never try to deflect the blame onto Dwight? I guess Dan Gilbert was 100% truthful and didn't try to deflect blame for losing Lebron onto Lebron either.

IF Howard was willing to play with Kobe, and his only obstacle in staying was to remove D'Antoni, then they would have fired him. Sudden coaching changes wouldn't be anything new to this Laker regime, would it?

How do you know? The Lakers were already paying Mike Brown. If they fired D'Antoni, they'd still have to pay him too!! Do you really think that even with the money available that they wanted to pay salaries for 2 fired coaches, plus the huge salary they'd have to pay Phil?

On top of that, Buss publicly said that he was pretty much willing to let Kobe go after this season. Correct?

Uh, when did he say that?

Howard couldn't stand the thought of even one more season with him, apparently!

Your spin knows no bounds apparently!! We can put this right up there with "Mike Brown got fired becuase Kobe glared at him"!!

You can't even get what Dwight supposedly said straight!! According to Buss, he wanted Kobe "amnestied or muzzled"!! If all they had to do was fire D'Antoni and tell Kobe to shut up, why not do that?

But somehow in "turnupville" I'm "ridiculous"!! But then again, in turnupville, Kaman is weapon if he plays for the Heat, but a scrub if he plays for the Lakers!! Hilarious!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your spin knows no bounds apparently!! We can put this right up there with "Mike Brown got fired becuase Kobe glared at him"!!

You can't even get what Dwight supposedly said straight!! According to Buss, he wanted Kobe "amnestied or muzzled"!! If all they had to do was fire D'Antoni and tell Kobe to shut up, why not do that?

But somehow in "turnupville" I'm "ridiculous"!! But then again, in turnupville, Kaman is weapon if he plays for the Heat, but a scrub if he plays for the Lakers!! Hilarious!!

How does your bath water taste?

You continue to create paragraph after paragraph of bullshit to try to make your argument correct.
Very little of what you wrote was actually what I said.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does your bath water taste?

You continue to create paragraph after paragraph of bullshit to try to make your argument correct.
Very little of what you wrote was actually what I said.

Really?!? You blamed Kobe for Mike Brown being fired even though Kobe publically supported Brown the whole time he was in L.A.!! Your evidence? Kobe glared at him!!

You now blame Kobe (and D'Antoni) for Dwight leaving even though Dwight said that "Kobe was not part of my decision"!! Your evidence? Jim Buss said so!!

You posted nonsense that you can't back up with anything directly attributed to the player in question, but somehow YOU know it to be true!!

Then, when you get called out for it, in typical turnup fashion you start spinning like a top trying desperately to get someone to buy into what you say!!

But I'm posting bullshit!! :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? You blamed Kobe for Mike Brown being fired even though Kobe publically supported Brown the whole time he was in L.A.!! Your evidence? Kobe glared at him!!

You now blame Kobe (and D'Antoni) for Dwight leaving even though Dwight said that "Kobe was not part of my decision"!! Your evidence? Jim Buss said so!!

You posted nonsense that you can't back up with anything directly attributed to the player in question, but somehow YOU know it to be true!!

Then, when you get called out for it, in typical turnup fashion you start spinning like a top trying desperately to get someone to buy into what you say!!

But I'm posting bullshit!! :lol:

Dwight Howard is a joke. He lied while talking into the camera about many things.
Remember his loyalty to Orlando?
Remember the Van Gundy nonsense?
His public remarks mean zero to me.

Buss has no reason to lie. He was there. We weren't.
No comment was ever released about Brown that I saw.

So,

As far as Brown/Kobe. That is my opinion. Never said it was fact.
If your opinion differs, so be it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaman = Laker's scrub or Heat's big weapon :doh:

Anderson is a better fit for the Heat than Oden. Anderson moves well off ball. Half his makes were cutting to the hoop when his man left to help on the penetrator. Oden can't move like Anderson. Oden is a post up center. He'll just get in Lebron's and Wade's way as they drive to the basket. Oden's only use is as a big body to go against Hibbert. Not exactly a huge weapon as you say.

This is all very true but...

If Greg Oden is a weapon then Adam Morrison is Jordan.

hahaha...not exactly.

Calling Oden a weapon is maybe an exaggeration but we need him so much for 1 series in the playoffs he makes us feel invincible.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is a joke. He lied while talking into the camera about many things.
Remember his loyalty to Orlando?
Remember the Van Gundy nonsense?
His public remarks mean zero to me.

Of course they mean zero to you!! They are the opposite of what you're trying to sell here.

Buss has no reason to lie. He was there. We weren't.
He didn't have reason to lie? Are you serious? Jim Buss is getting shredded on a daily basis by Laker fans and the media. If he can put this all on Dwight, maybe he doesn't get shredded like he is.

No comment was ever released about Brown that I saw.

So,

As far as Brown/Kobe. That is my opinion. Never said it was fact.
If your opinion differs, so be it.

Sure didn't stop you from blaming it all on Kobe over a glare though, did it?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans getting scared.

Rooting for Kobe to come back full strength and make it to the Finals. I would love to see a beatdown of epic proportions in the Finals against the Heat. :laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for Kobe to come back full strength and make it to the Finals. I would love to see a beatdown of epic proportions in the Finals against the Heat. :laugh3:

I do not think there are enough tornado's in texas and oklahoma and the other side of LA or in nothern california for that to be possible.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot2013-08-23at10.42.32AM_crop_north.png

Nah. Your army throws rocks. We have grenades.

Did you just call Kobe a rock and Oden a grenade...?:L