• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's get it Kobe!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure didn't stop you from blaming it all on Kobe over a glare though, did it?

That was MY OPINION because of what Buss Jr. had said the night before.
Like I said, I never had seen any type of statement made as to why he was suddenly fired.
So, I just took 5 minutes to google and see what came up.

To be FAIR, which is all I ever try to be , I found this:

(you need to scroll down several articles to get to the Brown firing)

John Schuhmann « Hang Time Blog | NBA.com

If Brown feels that Buss Sr. was the reason he was fired, then I would have no reason to not believe him.

As far as the Howard stuff, same thought process still applies.

Buss Jr. chose to say what the reasons were that Howard left and pretty much layed the blame 50/50 on D/Antoni/Kobe.

There is no reason to believe that isn't true.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Montsho and bontslayer, im talking about real Heat fans, not you guys.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for Kobe to come back full strength and make it to the Finals. I would love to see a beatdown of epic proportions in the Finals against the Heat. :laugh3:

Do you honestly believe that a team that is good enough to come out of the Western Conference is going to get a "beatdown" from anybody? Including the Heat?

If you do, please let me know now so that I can make sure that I never discuss basketball with you again. I'd know that I have been giving you waaaaay too much credit!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe that a team that is good enough to come out of the Western Conference is going to get a "beatdown" from anybody? Including the Heat?

If you do, please let me know now so that I can make sure that I never discuss basketball with you again. I'd know that I have been giving you waaaaay too much credit!!

it happened last yr

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was MY OPINION because of what Buss Jr. had said the night before.
Like I said, I never had seen any type of statement made as to why he was suddenly fired.
So, I just took 5 minutes to google and see what came up.

To be FAIR, which is all I ever try to be , I found this:

(you need to scroll down several articles to get to the Brown firing)

John Schuhmann « Hang Time Blog | NBA.com

If Brown feels that Buss Sr. was the reason he was fired, then I would have no reason to not believe him.

So, you no longer think it's because Kobe glared at him?

As far as the Howard stuff, same thought process still applies.

Buss Jr. chose to say what the reasons were that Howard left and pretty much layed the blame 50/50 on D/Antoni/Kobe.

There is no reason to believe that isn't true.

This is where your logic breaks down for me. Short Buss has been getting vilified by Lakers fans and the media ever since he picked D'Antoni over Phil, it got worse as the season unfolded and now he is being blamed by Lakers fans and the media for Dwight leaving.......but you think he has no reason to lie when he says Dwight demanded that Kobe be amnestied or muzzled!!

Blaming it on Dwight not wanting to play for D'Antoni doesn't help him in the eyes of Lakers fans and the media who all felt Phil should have been hired anyway!! But saying that he wanted Kobe amnestied or muzzled, definitely would get Lakers fans and media on his side!!

You don't think that he knows that given what Kobe has meant to the organization that the fastest, easiest way for him to get everyone off of his back was to basically say: "I was protecting Kobe"? Really?!?

Meanwhile, Dwight has said (publically, with his own mouth) that if Phil were the coach, he'd still be a Laker and that Kobe played no part in his decision!!

If anyone has no reason to lie, it's Dwight!! He's gone, he's in Houston. If the reason he isn't a Laker is because of both D'Antoni and Kobe, what reason would he have to say that it was just D'Antoni? He doesn't have to be Kobe's teammate, so he doesn't have to worry about that. So, why would he lie?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it happened last yr

If you consider a 7 games series in which the Heat barely escaped with another title and came, literally within 1 missed free throw of losing it in 6 games, to be a beatdown, then you and I have veeeery different definitions of what constitutes a beatdown!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it happened last yr

How is a game 7 victory secured in the last couple of minutes a beatdown?

All championships count the same, but there was plenty of nervous energy in the AAA those last 2 games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All championships count the same, but there was plenty of nervous energy in the AAA those last 2 games.

:agree: What the Heat did to the Thunder in 2011 was a beatdown!! What the Lakers did to the Magic in 2009 was a beatdown!!

When the Lakers did to the Celtics in 2010 and what the Heat did to the Spurs last year, were not beatdowns!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat will do very well against most teams (like okc) the lakers and other jump shooting teams. Some other teams are matchup problems but any team that plays finesse inside will not do well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where your logic breaks down for me. Short Buss has been getting vilified by Lakers fans and the media ever since he picked D'Antoni over Phil, it got worse as the season unfolded and now he is being blamed by Lakers fans and the media for Dwight leaving.......but you think he has no reason to lie when he says Dwight demanded that Kobe be amnestied or muzzled!!

Blaming it on Dwight not wanting to play for D'Antoni doesn't help him in the eyes of Lakers fans and the media who all felt Phil should have been hired anyway!! But saying that he wanted Kobe amnestied or muzzled, definitely would get Lakers fans and media on his side!!

You don't think that he knows that given what Kobe has meant to the organization that the fastest, easiest way for him to get everyone off of his back was to basically say: "I was protecting Kobe"? Really?!?

Meanwhile, Dwight has said (publically, with his own mouth) that if Phil were the coach, he'd still be a Laker and that Kobe played no part in his decision!!

If anyone has no reason to lie, it's Dwight!! He's gone, he's in Houston. If the reason he isn't a Laker is because of both D'Antoni and Kobe, what reason would he have to say that it was just D'Antoni? He doesn't have to be Kobe's teammate, so he doesn't have to worry about that. So, why would he lie?[/QUOTE

I understand your thought process, I just don't agree with it.

Please stop with the Phil stuff. Phil was never his coach therefore he can't be the reason he stayed or left.
If Howard had made it known that the only way he would consider staying was if Phil was going to be coach, then why even court him or meet with him?
Phil was in Montana, not in the meeting weighing his options.

Your Kobe stuff also makes no sense. Laker fans keep talking 2-3 years down the road.
You prefer to include Kobe in those plans over Howard?

As far as protecting Kobe, Buss basically implied that if Howard would have agreed to sign, and didn't want Kobe, that he wouldn't resign him after this season.
How is that protecting him?

As far as Dwight, he is a happy Houston Rocket.
Could he do anything dumber then say anything about the Lakers at this point?
Whatever he said or didn't say publicly before or during the FA period means NOTHING if you have paid any attention to his past statements.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your thought process, I just don't agree with it.

Please stop with the Phil stuff. Phil was never his coach therefore he can't be the reason he stayed or left.
If Howard had made it known that the only way he would consider staying was if Phil was going to be coach, then why even court him or meet with him?
Phil was in Montana, not in the meeting weighing his options.

Your Kobe stuff also makes no sense. Laker fans keep talking 2-3 years down the road.
You prefer to include Kobe in those plans over Howard?

As far as protecting Kobe, Buss basically implied that if Howard would have agreed to sign, and didn't want Kobe, that he wouldn't resign him after this season.
How is that protecting him?

As far as Dwight, he is a happy Houston Rocket.
Could he do anything dumber then say anything about the Lakers at this point?
Whatever he said or didn't say publicly before or during the FA period means NOTHING if you have paid any attention to his past statements.

I think you have Howard's statement wrong. Though he said he would have stayed if Phil Jackson were the coach, he didn't say that was the only requirement for him to stay. He just knew for sure, that if PJ were there, he probably would have stayed over his other reservations.

And if the Lakers had signed Howard, they would have signed Kobe if he wanted to come back. It's a fantasy if you think otherwise or a lack of understanding of the Laker basketball. If the Laker weren't going to give D'Antoni the boot in order to get Howard, they certainly were going to get rid of Kobe.

Howard's passive/aggressive mentality is not the type of personality that lead a team to a championship. He's had this since Orlando. And the Lakers have seen the type of mentalities that win championships and could recognize that Howard is really a second fiddle. Even if Howard is the person on the team with the most basketball skills and talent, you would still need the mentality. Much like Garnett in Boston where he brought a certain mentality to the team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You misunderstood me. Was last year 2012 or 2013? Last I checked last yr was 2012 you know when the heat beatdown OKC. If I was talking about the Spurs I would've said it happened last season or this past season.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its all about the matchups. Heat would smoke the Lakers. Just like the Heat dealt with OKC but more lopsided.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all very true but...

hahaha...not exactly.

Calling Oden a weapon is maybe an exaggeration but we need him so much for 1 series in the playoffs he makes us feel invincible.

It's a complete overstatement in my eyes. Greg Oden has yet to prove he can even stay healthy, let alone play with Roy Hibbert lol. You would have to hope that his #1 pick was not only justified (Beasley anyone? Or any other #1 who failed miserably to meet expectation), but intact and at a level to compete by the playoffs. That is such a long shot to me that calling Oden a weapon at this point is a little ridiculous.

I'm a little surprised Heat fans are being so reliant on Oden. If you need to rely on Oden to save your team then you guys are in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when people act like the Heat are expecting Oden to come in here and play like the #1 pick. They now have someone (if he is able to stay healthy) who is the same height and weight as Hibbert roughly which will mean less PPG and rebounds most likely in a series against the Heat. The last 2 years Hibbert were guarded by guys 3-4 inches shorter than him so basically his jump hooks were like a shot in practice with no one guarding him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when people act like the Heat are expecting Oden to come in here and play like the #1 pick. They now have someone (if he is able to stay healthy) who is the same height and weight as Hibbert roughly which will mean less PPG and rebounds most likely in a series against the Heat. The last 2 years Hibbert were guarded by guys 3-4 inches shorter than him so basically his jump hooks were like a shot in practice with no one guarding him.

I repeat, you're expecting him to be able to compete with the best Centers. Height and weight doesn't mean anything if you suck.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting him to play good defense and box out....Not asking for much there. Joel Anthony who is a crappy player does those 2 things well but unfortunately he is too small for Roy Hibbert.

Greg Oden was never a bad player btw so saying he sucks is 100% inaccurate. In his 2nd season before he got hurt he was avg 11, 8, and over 2 blocks in just 24 minutes of action. He is injury prone but he does not suck. He was always a decent rebounder and good shot blocker. The Heat won't be calling his number on offense much. He will get his garbage points from offensive rebounds or from Wade/LBJ breaking down the defense on their penetration.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a complete overstatement in my eyes. Greg Oden has yet to prove he can even stay healthy, let alone play with Roy Hibbert lol. You would have to hope that his #1 pick was not only justified (Beasley anyone? Or any other #1 who failed miserably to meet expectation), but intact and at a level to compete by the playoffs. That is such a long shot to me that calling Oden a weapon at this point is a little ridiculous.

I'm a little surprised Heat fans are being so reliant on Oden. If you need to rely on Oden to save your team then you guys are in trouble.

Beasley was the number two pick. I know....semantics.