• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the chips fall where the may.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed the point, intentionally perhaps. TB could not surive a rebuild here, or anywhere else so he went to a city with a loaded team b/c he wanted another SB. This year that team has the same record and BB and the Pats with a lot better WR corps. BB is building a team TB went to one already built
Rebuild? lol he was already in his 40's, not given any say in who they bring in or support, why should he, already gave 20 years of blood , sweat and tears and huge discounts, and BB wouldn't give him the 2 yr 50 mill when guys like Ryan, Wilson etc are making 40 mill a season. He was asked his opinion in TB, could speak freely w/o the Putin Belichick control like a commie dictator. Lombardi first season inheriting a 7-9 team just like he did in NE inheriting a 5-13 team and was 30 sec from possibly another Lombardi last season. Guy is looking his age now, which happens to QB's in mid to late 30's, washed. Must be nice at that age playing in warm conditions than in Foxborough now

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I heard it, and same like you I am not going to dig it up is that Tom asked BB for a 2 yr/50 mill contract . Bill said no, that 2 years was too long and he would do a year by year contract with him for $15 mill dolllar. a season plus incentives maybe. Supposedly BB has it in his contact that he will be the highest paid employee of the Patriots and he makes $20 mill a year. Adding to that, TB called him up to see if they could meet somewhere to discuss a matter. BB said he was too busy and whatever Tom needed to tell him, he could do over the phone and it was that he was leaving the Patriots. Rodgers gets a little mush in GB and not only the Pres/GM but coach all fly down off-season to Cali individually to keep AR there. Not saying anyone has to kiss ass, but after a 20 yr relationship, he didn't have the decency to meet him? He was jerked after the Jimmy G incident, just like things got sour with his mentor Parcells for many years. Parcells had him as DC in NY. He then goes to the Browns, gets axed after 5 years and Parcells brings him to NE. Parcells goes to the Jets, takes BB with him, gives him the HC job. BB resigns that position on a piece of tissue paper. And you all remember how McDaniels (Hoody Jr) did Indy.
Some of those tidbits have two sides. Parcels won two SBs with significant contributions from BB. How did BB become DC with the Giants? He and BB had back to back desks when BP was DC and small talk became BB giving BP lot's of recommendations. When BP became HC he only had one person in mind for DC because BB had already proved himself.

BB stuck with BP and went to the Jets in '97 despite BK wanting to consider BB for the Pats job. He was loyal. Then it's rumored BP "left" the Jets so BB couldn't take the Pats job in '00, and the new BP role left him as virtually all the powers of the HC. BB called foul, quit the Jets and the rest is history.

BB stayed with BP out of loyalty and BP made a disloyal move though the motivation probably wasn't to be disloyal it certainly wasn't to benefit BB either.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is 45 stop it. WTF would he go to a shit town or team like Detroit or others., it was never about the $ but always about winning. Guy would train like an animal off-season while BB so BB could go on his boat named 8 rings.. As we get older do we go to FL, Cali etc or all decide to move to Maine , NJ etc. Sure they had talent but were 7-9 the season before, haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years or so and worst win % of any team in the 4 major groups. Keep grasping for Billy Bob Belichick. This guy took discounts since 07 to get Moss in and continued to do so, while other QB's handcuff the team, he probably left 100 mill on the table. And the first time BB drafts an offensive weapon in the first round, he takes Harry wtf. Guy is a dinosaur and won mainly because of Tom. I'll give Kraft 40% ,Tom 40% BB 10% Dante 5%, Adams 5%
So you don't remember any of the video's of TB cliff diving or skiing in South America in the summer? The fact that they owned a house (palace) in Costa Rica and went there every summer...

Lets not try to make anyone believe TB never took a day off while BB was lazing around Martha's Vineyard.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On August 4, 2019, Brady signed a two-year contract extension worth $70 million through the 2021 season; the terms of the contract allowed Brady to become a free agent after the 2019 season. Against the 2019 Patriots salary cap, Brady was the highest-paid player on the team at $21.5 million.
Looks like I should read more and not listen to the talking heads on NFLN, ESPN, FOX etc thanks YT

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't remember any of the video's of TB cliff diving or skiing in South America in the summer? The fact that they owned a house (palace) in Costa Rica and went there every summer...

Lets not try to make anyone believe TB never took a day off while BB was lazing around Martha's Vineyard.
That creep went to MV? He should leave NE when not coaching here, not welcome :billb:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild? lol he was already in his 40's, not given any say in who they bring in or support, why should he, already gave 20 years of blood , sweat and tears and huge discounts, and BB wouldn't give him the 2 yr 50 mill when guys like Ryan, Wilson etc are making 40 mill a season. He was asked his opinion in TB, could speak freely w/o the Putin Belichick control like a commie dictator. Lombardi first season inheriting a 7-9 team just like he did in NE inheriting a 5-13 team and was 30 sec from possibly another Lombardi last season. Guy is looking his age now, which happens to QB's in mid to late 30's, washed. Must be nice at that age playing in warm conditions than in Foxborough now
AB, Josh Gordon and Sanu were all Brady endorsements.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those tidbits have two sides. Parcels won two SBs with significant contributions from BB. How did BB become DC with the Giants? He and BB had back to back desks when BP was DC and small talk became BB giving BP lot's of recommendations. When BP became HC he only had one person in mind for DC because BB had already proved himself.

BB stuck with BP and went to the Jets despite BK wanting to consider BB for the Pats job. He was loyal. Then it's rumored BP "left" the Jets so BB couldn't take the Pats job, and the new BP role left him as virtually all the powers of the HC. BB called foul, quit the Jets and the rest is history.

BB stayed with BP out of loyalty and BP made a disloyal move though the motivation probably wasn't to be disloyal it certainly wasn't to benefit BB either.
Great points and for many years, I was always sticking up for BB and saying he had more to do with it, than Parcells. I guess I am just tired of the guy. That's why for the last 10 years or so on here, you hardly see me come into Patriots forums, because don't want to argue with my fellow Patriot supporters, it's all good

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to what have you done for me lately? BB should not have given TB12 a two-year 5o Mill contract. Why would you give that to a 42 year old QB? That would have decimated the cap and adversely affected the rebuild process. There comes a time when it's time to let a guy walk and that's what happened TB left of his own accord BB was not about to beg him to stay nor should he. What have you done for me lately or not. There is no loyalty in the NFL GMs have to do what they feel is best for the future of the team living in the past is rarely the best thing to do

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points and for many years, I was always sticking up for BB and saying he had more to do with it, than Parcells. I guess I am just tired of the guy. That's why for the last 10 years or so on here, you hardly see me come into Patriots forums, because don't want to argue with my fellow Patriot supporters, it's all good
Friendly banter is ALWAYS a welcome commodity.

Go check the action on some of the other teams boards.
This is fucking great to see so many hits every day.
I wouldn't want to be a fan of any other team just for the fellow fans.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put up with Bill's bs, I'd be on hard drugs in no time, or in prison doing life
I guess, I am sure the team doctors can prescribe something

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friendly banter is ALWAYS a welcome commodity.

Go check the action on some of the other teams boards.
This is fucking great to see so many hits every day.
I wouldn't want to be a fan of any other team just for the fellow fans.
100% and unless someone gives me a mill and the playboy mansion, no one can change my mind of hoody. Ehh make it 50 mill, those bunnies would piss through that mill like water

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% and unless someone gives me a mill and the playboy mansion, no one can change my mind of hoody. Ehh make it 50 mill, those bunnies would piss through that mill like water
Ahh the Playboy mansion. One of my favorite quotes comes from Hugh.

" I got old the women I like didn't"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed our "arguments". My comments support your characterization of him being a good coach. Trust me, I'm not sitting back trying to poke holes in anything you post. I realize you are posting recollections and we all have different perspectives with recollections. I'm just posting what I recall about the same events.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW........................Brutal three pages.

I'm in Sonny's corner for different reasons than him.

As far as the draft is concerned. Don't forget that Kraft told BB that he wanted more of a consensus than a one man decision. Making that a priority in 2021 has made the past two drafts very successful. Does anyone think that Matty and Joey will take sides against BB when it comes to making draft picks? The 2023 draft worries me because Bill has two sons and two friends on his side and the guys that made the difference are gone. Ziegler being the more influential.

After such a shitshow in 2022, we all pretty much agree in here that the OL is the biggest need. We all know that if BB's favorite defensive player is sitting in place when Bill has the pick, he'll by-pass the best OT on the board and grab that DL. It's his mantra, it's his strength. Bill is not an offensive coach. He's unquestionably one the best ever at finding incredible talent for the defense. He's done great at finding offensive nuggets late but will rarely chance a pick early. Harry is a perfect reason why he avoids offense in the in first round and still feels that sting.

Then again, I'd hate to see some outsider get the GM position and come in a totally FU the draft.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW........................Brutal three pages.

I'm in Sonny's corner for different reasons than him.

As far as the draft is concerned. Don't forget that Kraft told BB that he wanted more of a consensus than a one man decision. Making that a priority in 2021 has made the past two drafts very successful. Does anyone think that Matty and Joey will take sides against BB when it comes to making draft picks? The 2023 draft worries me because Bill has two sons and two friends on his side and the guys that made the difference are gone. Ziegler being the more influential.

After such a shitshow in 2022, we all pretty much agree in here that the OL is the biggest need. We all know that if BB's favorite defensive player is sitting in place when Bill has the pick, he'll by-pass the best OT on the board and grab that DL. It's his mantra, it's his strength. Bill is not an offensive coach. He's unquestionably one the best ever at finding incredible talent for the defense. He's done great at finding offensive nuggets late but will rarely chance a pick early. Harry is a perfect reason why he avoids offense in the in first round and still feels that sting.

Then again, I'd hate to see some outsider get the GM position and come in a totally FU the draft.
Anyone that think BB did not make all the final decisions on all selections is sorely mistaken. BB built his defense it's ready this will be a heavy offensive selection offseason.

Oline being the biggest need, then TE and WR