• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the chips fall where the may.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's a forgone conclusion IMO that this team does not make the playoffs. Not sure we are completely eliminated but seems there is no chance. I am of the opinion we should open this offense up let the chips fall where they may. What can it hurt? If Thornton is healthy let him stretch the field lets see what happens

What say you all?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got some speed. Thornton..fastest WR in last years draft. Pierre Strong Jr. (May never see the field after running into the punter) was the fastest rb in last years draft. Our little Switchblade Marcus Jones... fast. We could do damage.... but that damn OLine needs to do their job and give Mac Jones some time. We could have 3 Usain Bolts but their speed won't mean squat if our big boys up front can't do what's expected of them.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got some speed. Thornton..fastest WR in last years draft. Pierre Strong Jr. (May never see the field after running into the punter) was the fastest rb in last years draft. Our little Switchblade Marcus Jones... fast. We could do damage.... but that damn OLine needs to do their job and give Mac Jones some time. We could have 3 Usain Bolts but their speed won't mean squat if our big boys up front can't do what's expected of them.
Maybe we line Mac up at Punter depth with his three backs (Thornton, Strong and Marcus J) in line with him evenly spaced across the field. Then Mac just needs to see where the biggest gaps are after snap and send the ball to the back with the best gaps to speed through. The linemen can spread out so whoever has the ball can use them like picks. The key is for the linemen to just stand there and not engage to ensure no holding calls or illegal blind side blocks.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we line Mac up at Punter depth with his three backs (Thornton, Strong and Marcus J) in line with him evenly spaced across the field. Then Mac just needs to see where the biggest gaps are after snap and send the ball to the back with the best gaps to speed through. The linemen can spread out so whoever has the ball can use them like picks. The key is for the linemen to just stand there and not engage to ensure no holding calls or illegal blind side blocks.
I like this. Probably be the only way to give him more than 2.5 seconds to throw. But even just standing there I think the lineman will have the urge to hold. I say after the hike... they just lay down. Don't want to take any chances.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason we could not bring in extra TE to block. We have the speed why we drafted it to ignore it is beyond me

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all for trying new stuff on offense. Little downside. It’s not like this team is going far with the current plan.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason we could not bring in extra TE to block. We have the speed why we drafted it to ignore it is beyond me
Spped kills. Just ask the Raiders.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might see Conor McDermott at RT this week.

Just a little interesting story. Good thing coaches salaries don'r count against the cap:

Sportico listed the top-10 highest-paid coaches in the country, and Belichick towered above the rest with an estimated annual salary of $20 million per year. The closest coach to competing with that salary is Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll with a $15 million annual salary.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.... I'd much rather spend $4 million a year on a coach like Nathaniel Hackett. Much better value.... maybe we could ask the Broncos for a trade.
If you miss the playoffs, what does it matter? Guy needs to show he can coach and win w/o Brady which he hasn't done in 10 seasons. Why is his coaching tree also so bad? Great coaches teach everyone around them like a Walsh for example, and they have successful careers. He is a great DC, no doubt, avg HC and lousy GM imo

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is any coach going to win a playoff game and SuperBowls with Bernie Kosar... Mike Tomczak.... Vinny Testaverde.... Cam Newton.... and a rookie Mac Jones as his starting QB's? Those are his QB's before/after Brady. Would the Patriots have won 6 SuperBowls with any other coach?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you miss the playoffs, what does it matter? Guy needs to show he can coach and win w/o Brady which he hasn't done in 10 seasons. Why is his coaching tree also so bad? Great coaches teach everyone around them like a Walsh for example, and they have successful careers. He is a great DC, no doubt, avg HC and lousy GM imo
You missed the word "skip" between every third or. fourth word....just like every other broken record.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the word "skip" between every third or. fourth word....just like every other broken record.
Pretty lame. Keep rooting for a below average coach that is a narcissist, that needs to be paid more than anybody else on team. Wanted to keep Jimmy G who was injured after 6 Q and move Brady who has gone to 4 SB's since then, but you're intelligent

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty lame. Keep rooting for a below average coach that is a narcissist, that needs to be paid more than anybody else on team. Wanted to keep Jimmy G who was injured after 6 Q and move Brady who has gone to 4 SB's since then, but you're intelligent
I root for the location and the uniform and defer to Bob Kraft on everything else. Sure, I could let the proverbial panties get all in a bunch, but instead recognize why bother since I have 0 control of any resolution. Until I do I'll stick with rooting for both Mac and Baily, Rhamondre and Pierre, as well as - as many Jones as they can throw at us.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well said