• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron should go to New Orleans

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya, and Im always in the "no one in the East is beating Lebron" boat

This Sixers team can absolutely dismiss that Cavs team......This Cavs roster is every bit as bad to me as the Eric Snow finals team

One man can only do so much, and it is awesome to watch him literally taking on the Pacers by himself at crucial points of this series, but I dont see him being able to swing it all the way to the Finals

Exactly.

IDK what happened to Tristen Thompson? Well, maybe a little, but on the court this guy faded into the bench so deep that he's been DNP coaches decision in this series at least once I know.

JR Smith was solid...now he looks like a bit piece.

The Toronto/WAS series is probably going 7 too so that kinda helps...if CLE get thru IND and Toronto or WAS face BOS, they will win the east. No Kyrie, no eastern finals.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEy I mostly agree with what you are saying--- but the Cavs will only get more dangerous the more games they have together under the belt

it was always going to be tough turning over half the team in February. Add in Love missing almost 2 months to injury, George Hill missing time for injuries, and a whole host of other injuries (Nance Jr. missing a few weeks, Hood missing time, TT losing his balls, etc.) and the Cavs were really hurting for chemistry and continuity.

Ty Lue had a starting lineup that had NEVER started together the other day IN THE PLAYOFFS. Thats partly his fault, and partly the turnover and injuries.

The Cavs have talent.

Simmons and Embiid are the best Sixers. Love and LeBron the best Cavs.

After that look at the rest---

1. R. Covington
2. D. Saric
3. JJ Redick
4. Amir Johnson
5. M. Bellinelli
6. Markelle Fultz
7. E. Ilysova
8. TJ McConnel

vs.

1. Rodney Hood
2. George Hill
3. Jordan Clarkson
4. Larry Nance, Jr.
5. JR Smith
6. Kyle Korver
7. Jeff Green
8. Jose Calderon

The differences between those role players isnt much if its there at all. Just pure talent wise I can definitely make the argument the Cavs have more raw talent--- but definitely, at least when the playoffs started- lacked the contiunity and chemistry that teams build up over a year due to the Cavs injuries, turning over half the team at the deadline, and Lue generally being incompetent.

Give the Cavs another 8 or so playoff games to gain some continuity, some chemistry, some momentum, being more comfortable with eachother on the floor in high pressure situations----- and I think you will start to see a much different team.

The Cavs will only get more dangerous the longer they survive. The Cavs are not the guy you want to go to Round 12 with. You want to knock them out early or you are going to simply be outlasted.

Well stated and I don't really disagree in terms of the matchups head to head.

It's getting there with some type of legs left for LeBron I'm concerned about for CLE...40+ mins every game is going to take a toll at some point.

But to your point...right now the role players in Philly are playing better than the role players in CLE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya, and Im always in the "no one in the East is beating Lebron" boat

This Sixers team can absolutely dismiss that Cavs team......This Cavs roster is every bit as bad to me as the Eric Snow finals team

One man can only do so much, and it is awesome to watch him literally taking on the Pacers by himself at crucial points of this series, but I dont see him being able to swing it all the way to the Finals
duuuuude.....you gotta look at those rosters.

Kevin Love is a 5 time all star. Kyle Korver one of the best snipers in NBA history. Nance Jr. and Clarkson are solid young players.

That 2007 that made the Finals was just so bad besides LeBron. The Cavs starting lineup for game 1 of the Finals was - Pavlovic, Hughes, Gooden, Ilguaskas and LeBron. The Cavs bench players that played were Donyell Marshall, Anderson Varejao (before he could shoot AT ALL), Damon Jones and Daniel Gibson.

Honestly- Larry Hughes- who was supposed to be #2--- scored a TOTAL of 2 points in the Finals. He played 2 games, was a combined 1/10 and then sat the next 2 games.

Lets Compare the 07 Finals team and this team- WITHOUT LeBron

PG- George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, Jose Calderon vs. Boobie Gibson, Eric Snow, Damon Jones,
SG- Rodney Hood, Jr Smith, Kyle Korver, vs. Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic, Shannon Brown
SF- Jeff Green, Cedi Osman vs. Ira Newble, and I guess Sasha Pavlovic
PF- Larry Nance Jr., Tristan Thompson vs. Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall
C- Kevin Love, Ante Zizic vs. Zydrunas Ilguaskas, Anderson Varejao

dude.....that 2007 team--- honestly- I think the 2nd best player was PROBABLY Boobie Gibson who was a 2nd round rookie. Next was probably Z. Hughes was simply awful and was traded the next year since he was worthless.

If you are ranking the players on talent id go:

1. Love (easily)
2. Rodney Hood
3. George Hill
4. JR Smith
5. Kyle Korver
6. Z
7. Clarkson
8. Larry Boo's
9. Nance Jr.
10. TT
11. Boobie
12. Wild Thing

LAST- (D)Amon (J)Ones (no D and no J.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duuuuude.....you gotta look at those rosters.

Kevin Love is a 5 time all star. Kyle Korver one of the best snipers in NBA history. Nance Jr. and Clarkson are solid young players.

That 2007 that made the Finals was just so bad besides LeBron. The Cavs starting lineup for game 1 of the Finals was - Pavlovic, Hughes, Gooden, Ilguaskas and LeBron. The Cavs bench players that played were Donyell Marshall, Anderson Varejao (before he could shoot AT ALL), Damon Jones and Daniel Gibson.

Honestly- Larry Hughes- who was supposed to be #2--- scored a TOTAL of 2 points in the Finals. He played 2 games, was a combined 1/10 and then sat the next 2 games.

Lets Compare the 07 Finals team and this team- WITHOUT LeBron

PG- George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, Jose Calderon vs. Boobie Gibson, Eric Snow, Damon Jones,
SG- Rodney Hood, Jr Smith, Kyle Korver, vs. Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic, Shannon Brown
SF- Jeff Green, Cedi Osman vs. Ira Newble, and I guess Sasha Pavlovic
PF- Larry Nance Jr., Tristan Thompson vs. Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall
C- Kevin Love, Ante Zizic vs. Zydrunas Ilguaskas, Anderson Varejao

dude.....that 2007 team--- honestly- I think the 2nd best player was PROBABLY Boobie Gibson who was a 2nd round rookie. Next was probably Z. Hughes was simply awful and was traded the next year since he was worthless.

If you are ranking the players on talent id go:

1. Love (easily)
2. Rodney Hood
3. George Hill
4. JR Smith
5. Kyle Korver
6. Z
7. Clarkson
8. Larry Boo's
9. Nance Jr.
10. TT
11. Boobie
12. Wild Thing

LAST- (D)Amon (J)Ones (no D and no J.

I appreciate your optimism, and I always pull for Lebron winning this time of year

Love is a 5 time All Star, but I cant help but feel like I only see glimpses of a 5 time All Star when I watch them in the postseason

JR Smith/Korver/Nance/Clarkson/Hood, role players IMO as likely to give you next to nothing, as they are to be important contributors

Jose Calderon getting important minutes

Just not impressed with that Roster, I think Lebron is doing as much heavy lifting right now as he ever has