• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borbon showing he's still a bonehead trying to take second on play he has no business trying.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland was just nasty against the cubs. He had 4ip/1 hit/2 k's/ and still no walks allowed in spring training.

Adams looked nasty too. Much better this outing as he struck out the side swinging in his inning of work.

In other news. Uehara continued to give up bombs like candy on Halloween. I know it's only ST but I'm starting to hate him for blocking trades. I'm losing faith in this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland was just nasty against the cubs. He had 4ip/1 hit/2 k's/ and still no walks allowed in spring training.

Adams looked nasty too. Much better this outing as he struck out the side swinging in his inning of work.

In other news. Uehara continued to give up bombs like candy on Halloween. I know it's only ST but I'm starting to hate him for blocking trades. I'm losing faith in this guy.

Three days ago from BBTiA:

Koji Uehara says he's "almost there" in terms of regaining his previous elite reliever form.

I wonder where "almost there" is?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about to offer to pay his way.

If his ERA gets any higher than the current 16.00 the Rangers will gladly cover the cost of a ticket. Hard to believe that he has actually vetoed a couple of trades.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't remind everyone it is still ST ... a week after everyone reminded me it was still ST.

I usually equate that to people being too worried about score lines en such. What I do want to see in ST is positive progress. So far I haven't seen much positive out of Uehara.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I usually equate that to people being too worried about score lines en such. What I do want to see in ST is positive progress. So far I haven't seen much positive out of Uehara.

Well good then. I'd like seeing better progress by Uehara ... and I want to see better progress by Torrealba ... as Luis Martinez is on a far more potential performance trajectory as #2 catcher than the former Colorado backup to Chris Ianetta is showing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good then. I'd like seeing better progress by Uehara ... and I want to see better progress by Torrealba ... as Luis Martinez is on a far more potential performance trajectory as #2 catcher than the former Colorado backup to Chris Ianetta is showing.

lol I'm starting to think you hate Torrealba more than Al hates MY.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't remind everyone it is still ST ... a week after everyone reminded me it was still ST.

Not even remotely similar circumstances. You ripped on Torrealba because the pitchers sucked on a particular day and to make it worse you picked a day when he threw out two runners, had two hits and two RBI's.
Uehara has had troubles almost from the day he showed up and has continued having problems in ST (16.00 ERA). The opinion on Euhara is not based solely on ST results, but also on regular season results. Nobody is making Torrealba out to be the second coming of Johnny Bench, he's a back up, but looking at both players side by side it's Euhara who's roster spot that is in jeopardy.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I'm starting to think you hate Torrealba more than Al hates MY.

Thinking MY is a not so good defender and that his ability is over stated does not make me a hatter. He was really good on some crappy teams. :lol:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just want to say, LOL @ Nap

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely similar circumstances. You ripped on Torrealba because the pitchers sucked on a particular day and to make it worse you picked a day when he threw out two runners, had two hits and two RBI's.
Uehara has had troubles almost from the day he showed up and has continued having problems in ST (16.00 ERA). The opinion on Euhara is not based solely on ST results, but also on regular season results. Nobody is making Torrealba out to be the second coming of Johnny Bench, he's a back up, but looking at both players side by side it's Euhara who's roster spot that is in jeopardy.

+100

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a douche bag.

Yup, but still funny when it happens to someone that can afford to fix it. If it were you or I, that would really suck. When you make millions, you can get a new phone number easily...and trust me, your friends will make it a point to get your new number :)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Hamilton told Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio that the Rangers can sign him now for considerably less than he’ll cost as a free agent after the season (Twitter links). Hamilton says his loyalty lies with the Rangers and that they will get the first chance to sign him should he reach free agency.