• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good news...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - because you have TV slots already pared out - you have fans who already have known they need to travel, or have a home game, who have planned and made arrangements for work, hotels, etc...you have crew at those stadiums who are already scheduled - just to point out a few of the logistic issues.

It's more than just "Oh, well, we have this week open, so we'll push everyone back a week" - especially for ONE. GAME.

I'm betting dollar to donuts that it will be a no-contest, and will not be announced until AFTER this weekends' games to prevent a team like CIN from sitting its starters (BUF wins on Sat, then they lock up the #2 seed, and with a no-contest Bengals are already AFCN Champions - so no need to play guys a full game Sunday).
There are no time slots assigned yet, and they don't know what teams play where.

By holding this game until the end of the season, it is forcing both Buffalo and Cincinnati to play full strength on week 18 because if they lose and they do decide to play that game afterall so t he Ravens have a chance at the division crown, vaulting Cincinnati back into a wild card game on the road instead of at home. Or say the Chiefs do happen to lose, slim chance, then now that game with Cincinnati and Buffalo mean the #1, #2, #3 seeds in the playoffs. Fortunately, you know if the Chiefs win or lose early Saturday. But even if they do win, or lose, you have to play full strength on Sunday to allow yourself a chance if the league does decide to make that game worth something and make you pick up where you left off Monday.

By not saying specifically right now, you are forcing the Bengals and Bills to play full strength the whole day because of that #2 seed, potentially #1.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no time slots assigned yet, and they don't know what teams play where.

By holding this game until the end of the season, it is forcing both Buffalo and Cincinnati to play full strength on week 18 because if they lose and they do decide to play that game afterall so t he Ravens have a chance at the division crown, vaulting Cincinnati back into a wild card game on the road instead of at home. Or say the Chiefs do happen to lose, slim chance, then now that game with Cincinnati and Buffalo mean the #1, #2, #3 seeds in the playoffs. Fortunately, you know if the Chiefs win or lose early Saturday. But even if they do win, or lose, you have to play full strength on Sunday to allow yourself a chance if the league does decide to make that game worth something and make you pick up where you left off Monday.

By not saying specifically right now, you are forcing the Bengals and Bills to play full strength the whole day because of that #2 seed, potentially #1.
Agreed - they want everyone to play their guys - but, at this point - they are not making this game up. You are not waiting until the week of playoffs to announce everyone is pushed back a week for 1 game...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that the two Bengals fans arguing the most here are both okay with the Bengals getting the short end of the stick.
Not my ass. I think it is terrible is f'n ridiculous if this game doesn't get counted some way and screw the Bengals into the #3 seed. A Bengals loss this weekend screws the Ravens like hell. It means starting on the road against a division opponent instead of being at home potentially in round 1.

Not having home field, players sleeping in their own beds, engulfed in their own locker room, having a home crowd scream and carry on on 3rd and long for a top level competitor is a serious advantage, especially on the flip side the opposing teams gets that when you are on the road.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the league has scheduled the Bengals Ravens to be played at 1:00. That was the time that it would have been scheduled had the Bengals won on MNF. My guess is that the league is just hoping the Chiefs, Bengals and Patriots win. There would be nobody left with a complaint.

Watch for some sketchy officiating this weekend.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing your feelings don't fucking matter, all that matters is Demar. If you and any other fan is concerned about your spot in the playoffs then you are a terrible human being period.
WTF ever dickhead.

Hamlin is the first concern, but what does Hamlin in the hospital have to do with the game being played or not played? If cancelling the game altogether at this point was what had to happen to help Hamlin survive, I would be like f'n cancel this game right freaking now! Because you are right, Hamlin's life is more important than this game. But since this game being played or not played has no affect on the outcome of Hamlin surviving and making a full recovery, then you can go fuck yourself and the almighty horse you road in on asshole.

This is a sports message board. We are talking sports. If you want to talk about Hamlin only and his health and outcome, start a new thread, and I will be right there with you talking about him and praying for him even with my potty mouth.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained the logic to you throughout this thread. You think erasing real football is more logical than not erasing real football. I can't help you with that. If all the minutes matter than the first 8 minutes matter too.
Pretty sure 13 seconds matter to KC.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the league has scheduled the Bengals Ravens to be played at 1:00. That was the time that it would have been scheduled had the Bengals won on MNF. My guess is that the league is just hoping the Chiefs, Bengals and Patriots win. There would be nobody left with a complaint.

Watch for some sketchy officiating this weekend.
If the Chiefs, Bengals and Patriots win, you are screwing the Bengals out of the #2 seed because they will be tied with Buffalo for not only overall record, but conference record and it would come down to:

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

That is too many damn tie breakers when Cincinnati was physically ahead in a game after 9 minutes.

#2 seed means something still.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chiefs, Bengals and Patriots win, you are screwing the Bengals out of the #2 seed because they will be tied with Buffalo for not only overall record, but conference record and it would come down to:

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

That is too many damn tie breakers when Cincinnati was physically ahead in a game after 9 minutes.

#2 seed means something still.
That's why I said if the Chiefs, Bengals and PATS win.... Yes, if the Bengals and Bills win their is a significant dilemma with the 2nd/3rd seed.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the league rules that the final two Bills games are NC -- The Pats get the 7th seed. If the Bengals win this weekend they get the 2nd seed. If they lose, Buffalo gets the 2 seed.

Buffalo gets another week to heal. Bob Kraft is ensured of a spot in the postseason. Maybe this is the solution.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said if the Chiefs, Bengals and PATS win.... Yes, if the Bengals and Bills win their is a significant dilemma with the 2nd/3rd seed.
No. If the Bills lose, then we are tied for the conference record. If the Bills win, we are a game behind in conference record and they have a better conference record.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the league rules that the final two Bills games are NC -- The Pats get the 7th seed. If the Bengals win this weekend they get the 2nd seed. If they lose, Buffalo gets the 2 seed.

Buffalo gets another week to heal. Bob Kraft is ensured of a spot in the postseason. Maybe this is the solution.
Until you ask fans in Miami and Pittsburgh.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the rule that was posted the NFL will have to play that game out as it's a very meaningful game. The whole reason they have a bye week before the super bowl is for reasons such as this. It gives them the chance to fix things and this needs to be fixed. The league will look good and make money so who cares? I know every other team will be happy with the rest as well. Now after Sunday's games if the Bills and Bengals both decide its not worth playing due to the results they can call it. Wouldn't shock me if KC were to lose and Bills win that they just forfeit the game but the league may want it played by that point either way.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that any team in the playoffs would be happy to get a week off if the Bills-Bengals are rescheduled on Jan 14th. Probably the only teams not happy would be the conference champs, who'd end up with two weeks off.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If the Bills lose, then we are tied for the conference record. If the Bills win, we are a game behind in conference record and they have a better conference record.
If the Bills lose and Bengals win, they are tied for conference record. But if you go down the list of tiebreakers, the Bengals would come out on top due to win % of opponents they have beat. This was reported by several different writers. If both win, the Bills would finish above the Bengals.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you ask fans in Miami and Pittsburgh.
Possible that there would be some feelings about it in Pittsburgh and the Rooney family is a prized franchise so that could make a difference.

I don't think the league gives a flying F what the Dolphins think. They've caused the league enough trouble this season with the Flores nonsense and the potential mishandling of concussions with Tua.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible that there would be some feelings about it in Pittsburgh and the Rooney family is a prized franchise so that could make a difference.

I don't think the league gives a flying F what the Dolphins think. They've caused the league enough trouble this season with the Flores nonsense and the potential mishandling of concussions with Tua.
Fins and Tua are always shit on we're used to it....:L