• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chiefs, Bengals and Patriots win, you are screwing the Bengals out of the #2 seed because they will be tied with Buffalo for not only overall record, but conference record and it would come down to:

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

That is too many damn tie breakers when Cincinnati was physically ahead in a game after 9 minutes.

#2 seed means something still.
Bullshit. They each had 1 score early in the game. Physically ahead?
Maybe but it might be the weakest argument......

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. They each had 1 score early in the game. Physically ahead?
Maybe but it might be the weakest argument......

The Bengals were about to sink their teeth in according to the game script not gonna lie to ya. Bills looked soft. Their defense is suspect to put it lightly. But we're gonna have to wait for an conclusion.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals were about to sink their teeth in according to the game script not gonna lie to ya. Bills looked soft. Their defense is suspect to put it lightly. But we're gonna have to wait for an conclusion.
8 minutes dude!

My wife walks into a game and asks, "who's winning?"

My answer is always nobody (Patriots) are ahead!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 minutes dude!

My wife walks into a game and asks, "who's winning?"

My answer is always nobody (Patriots) are ahead!

Exactly. Nobody is "winning" halfway through the 1st quarter. It's ridiculous how much importance some want to assign to a 1st quarter lead. "Muh Bengals were getting ready to crush those Bills .. I just know it!"... because no team has ever overcome a 7-3 1st quarter lead.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Nobody is "winning" halfway through the 1st quarter. It's ridiculous how much importance some want to assign to a 1st quarter lead. "Muh Bengals were getting ready to crush those Bills .. I just know it!"... because no team has ever overcome a 7-3 1st quarter lead.
Lol nobody is saying that. What was said was both teams had a chance and one team scored more. The whole point is to not make up bullshit, but you can't help yourself.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord. Buffalo could of wound up winning that game 38-7 with an early 7-3 deficit. But the Bengals could have won this game as well, and they were ahead at the time of the tragedy. So because Cincinnati had as much concern for the bills and their teammates, showed compassion, insisted they go be with him, that they get punished? I am all for this being called no contest and Cincinnati getting screwed, as long as everyone else gets out back or something taken away from them, then sure.

Once again, as long as it doesn't affect your team or you personally, no one gives a flying fuck. Change the narrative to any other team and everyone else would be arguing the same thing. But since you are not in that position, go ahead and sit there on your illusionary high horse and spout your bullshit. I know you would be different, but go ahead and argue you wouldn't with no skin in the game.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord. Buffalo could of wound up winning that game 38-7 with an early 7-3 deficit. But the Bengals could have won this game as well, and they were ahead at the time of the tragedy. So because Cincinnati had as much concern for the bills and their teammates, showed compassion, insisted they go be with him, that they get punished? I am all for this being called no contest and Cincinnati getting screwed, as long as everyone else gets out back or something taken away from them, then sure.

Once again, as long as it doesn't affect your team or you personally, no one gives a flying fuck. Change the narrative to any other team and everyone else would be arguing the same thing. But since you are not in that position, go ahead and sit there on your illusionary high horse and spout your bullshit. I know you would be different, but go ahead and argue you wouldn't with no skin in the game.

Have you noticed that you, not all Bengals fans.. just you, are the only one who thinks awarding the Bengals a win for that game is "fair" or a good idea? That isn't because the rest of the world doesn't have "skin in the game". That's because it's an idiotic suggestion.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just simulate the game like odds makers do or have Allen play Burrow, Bills vs Bengals on Madden. Problem solved right?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or include them.
You can not include every possible contingency. The NFL rule book is already a mess.

Is there a clause for a sniper shooting a player during the game? Wouldn't that be more traumatic? The fear that would come along with an event like that would be insane.

E.g. E.g. stands for exempli gratia and means “for example.”

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible that there would be some feelings about it in Pittsburgh and the Rooney family is a prized franchise so that could make a difference.

I don't think the league gives a flying F what the Dolphins think. They've caused the league enough trouble this season with the Flores nonsense and the potential mishandling of concussions with Tua.
You forgot to mention the tampering.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you noticed that you, not all Bengals fans.. just you, are the only one who thinks awarding the Bengals a win for that game is "fair" or a good idea? That isn't because the rest of the world doesn't have "skin in the game". That's because it's an idiotic suggestion.
I have not been arguing for a win. What I have been arguing for is an actual continuation of the game. If we lose we lose. But the only fair way to decide all this is by playing the game. Now how you do this and not put players at risk for playing too much in a short period or screwing teams in the playoffs, not sure. But the only fair way for everyone is to play this game.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been arguing for a win. What I have been arguing for is an actual continuation of the game. If we lose we lose. But the only fair way to decide all this is by playing the game. Now how you do this and not put players at risk for playing too much in a short period or screwing teams in the playoffs, not sure. But the only fair way for everyone is to play this game.

Then I must have confused you with someone else in this thread. My apologies.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing on any potential moving of the games:

Would the NFL really force the teams directly impacted by this ordeal to play the game, while everyone else gets a free/extra bye week?

On to of that, would the NFL then force these teams to not get the same advantage of a week off?

Seems counter intuitive - would think the two teams directly impacted by the situation at hand, currently struggling to find that desire to actually play a game, let alone play THIS game again, would be the ones you would want to be sure have enough time to process and move forward.

Making them play and sitting everyone else does the opposite.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not tap dancing anything. This is the first occurrence of it's kind. There is no policy in place for this, or the NFL would've already announced the plan forward. In this world run by lawyers, exclusion of a reference to medical emergency precludes it from the weather emergency rules. Even if it was implied, that is not the letter of the law.
No. It's not. And why the league hasn't already figured out how to deal with this situation 50 years later is mind boggling.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's not. And why the league hasn't already figured out how to deal with this situation 50 years later is mind boggling.

Not only that - with the violent nature of the game, is it really that far of a stretch to think SOMETHING could have happened that would prevent this? No, of course not.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s recent update used the term “signs that he is neurologically intact”. That’s some great fucking news. My biggest fear is that all of the actions taken would be for naught because he had gone without oxygen to his brain for too long. Good luck young man! Still praying.