• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LaMarr Woodley

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just cruising the CC Times, found this blog w/LaMarr, I know it's still early, but it gave me a little chill, I like what I am hearing.

Woodley eager to get after quarterbacks after switch to DE

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 at 3:36 pm in Oakland Raiders.

LaMarr Woodley shined for many seasons as an oversized outside linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers, chasing smaller and faster receivers and tight ends.
Now that he’s with the Raiders, Woodley is looking forward to putting his hand in the dirt as a defensive end, beating the man in front of him and sacking the quarterback as often as possible.
That’s the thing that attracted Woodley most to the Raiders when he hit free agency after spending his first seven NFL seasons with the Steelers.
“Seeing how guys were flying around on defense and getting after people, after talking to coach (Dennis Allen), that’s what he wanted me to do,” Woodley said. “He wanted me to rush the passer more than drop back in coverage.
“I felt with the kind of people that were on their defense and adding me, I felt like I could help the team win.”
Woodley was accustomed to winning when he played for the Steelers. He played for teams that reached the Super Bowl twice and hoisted the Lombardi Trophy once.
He said he feels as if he and other older players such as defensive end Justin Tuck and wide receiver James Jones – two other offseason acquisitions – can help instill in the Raiders younger players what it takes to win.
“They were in a lot of games (last season), they just didn’t finish,” Woodley said. “This offseason, they went and brought in guys that know how to finish games. You bring that in here along with the attitude that a lot of these players have and this team has and you go to the next level.”
Woodley is a firm believer that the Raiders are talented enough to make it to the playoffs for the first time since the 2002 season.
He told Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie as much when he visited the Raiders during free agency.
“If you come here saying, I’m just trying to be 8-8, I don’t want you as part of my team,” Woodley said.
Woodley, who turns 30 this season, also is hell-bent upon proving that his best years aren’t behind him. He said calf and ankle injuries in recent seasons are the only reasons his production dropped.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever read the comments on that blog?? Those cats are a trip!!
Woodley talking playoffs?? Could happen, never know.. Woodley with his hand in the dirt, rushing the QB!! That's what he is very good at!! We have some new players to RUSH the QB this year..
Woodley and his boyz, Tuck, Smith, McGee, Sims, Ellis, Sio, Wilson, MackAttack!! Not even close to being the same team as last year..

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever read the comments on that blog?? Those cats are a trip!!
Woodley talking playoffs?? Could happen, never know.. Woodley with his hand in the dirt, rushing the QB!! That's what he is very good at!! We have some new players to RUSH the QB this year..
Woodley and his boyz, Tuck, Smith, McGee, Sims, Ellis, Sio, Wilson, MackAttack!! Not even close to being the same team as last year..

lol, I used to join in there at times until my work blocked access to the comment section.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poprock, that place has some pretty solid posters man.. But its troll city dude.. The bad thing with that is?? its Raiders fans trolling Raider fans..