• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers were embarrassing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Outlaw. Phil is headed to Detroit in the capacity of special consultant. Apparently he and the owner are good friends and he is going to spend some time in that capacity. The story was on ESPN last evening. It was made clear, that since his bout of prostate cancer, he is not interested in coaching ever again. But he is interested in ownership and FO consulting. So it looks like he won't be around the Lakers too much accept to spend time with his main squeeze, Jeanie!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has NO OTHER TEAM hired Phil Jackson to be the coach, CL? Are they "childish" too? It seems odd that ALL the teams would be "childish." Is that your take?

so you're saying this personality conflict is somehow NOT childish...?

Wildcatsfan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 titles. So cute.

Signed,

Celtics Fans

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has NO OTHER TEAM hired Phil Jackson to be the coach, CL? Are they "childish" too? It seems odd that ALL the teams would be "childish." Is that your take?
Teams are LINING UP for a chance to hire the guy. Are you that clueless haha.

He retired a couple of years ago. 2 teams now seem interested in him in an advisory capacity. So it seems that still NO teams want to hire him as a coach now. Like Mitch said, hopefully, Phil will find a job. (then you guys can make the switch and root for that team.)

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper

so you're saying this personality conflict is somehow NOT childish...?

I'm saying that you might be imagining this alleged "personality conflict." Every other team in the Association can or could have hired Phil to coach. All the rest of them did not- and you cannot blame any alleged "personality conflict." So there must be real reasons that you fail to see.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers do not have a back court.

Lakers do not get points and assists from the back court they have now.

Conclusion: Lakers suck.

In my mind, All-Stars Kobe Bryant & Steve Nash do not suck at all! Plenty of points will come from them next year!

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneh_33
Lakers do not have a back court.

Lakers do not get points and assists from the back court they have now.

Conclusion: Lakers suck.

Deep+Thoughts+logo.jpg

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. That was a good one, I meant to say. (of course, if you've got me on Ignore- you won't know.)

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that you might be imagining this alleged "personality conflict." Every other team in the Association can or could have hired Phil to coach. All the rest of them did not- and you cannot blame any alleged "personality conflict." So there must be real reasons that you fail to see.

well, it seems to me(and everybody else with an eye on the Lakers) that the 2 of them DON'T get along. and that for NO GOOD REASON. some folks just rub others the wrong way. way of the world...

so yes, i AM calling it a personality conflict. if you have a better point of view/insight on the situation i'm all ears...

CL67

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind, All-Stars Kobe Bryant & Steve Nash do not suck at all! Plenty of points will come from them next year!

Bryant is a forward. Nash is too old and slow. Lakers will suck until they get a good guard. Trust me. Don't fool yourself.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every other team can or could hire Phil? Wrong. Wrong on so many levels I cant even begin to describe. But I will try...

Phil Jackson is not coming back to a non contending team.. he just isnt. If it was as simple as offering a contract and phil signing, he would be coaching for a guy he already has a great relationship with on the bobcats.

I dont think there are many teams Phil would even consider. Maybe 2 or 3.. but personally I think it is just 1. And the owner seems hell bent on not bringing him in. Which is borderline retarded. Phil only has the best pedigree any coach has ever had. Dont get me wrong, I love watching Laker fans meltdown over the Lakers losing.. but not bringing in Phil was horrible. The worse part is, if you are a true Laker fan, I would be worried about the Laker front office decision making abilities right now. If they cant get Phil Jackson vs Mike D'Antoni right... Jerry West is gone now. The 80s showtime engineer, the guy who traded Vlade for Kobe. The Lakers might be for some rough times ahead.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other team can or could hire Phil? Wrong. Wrong on so many levels I cant even begin to describe. But I will try...

Phil Jackson is not coming back to a non contending team.. he just isnt. If it was as simple as offering a contract and phil signing, he would be coaching for a guy he already has a great relationship with on the bobcats.

I dont think there are many teams Phil would even consider. Maybe 2 or 3.. but personally I think it is just 1. And the owner seems hell bent on not bringing him in. Which is borderline retarded. Phil only has the best pedigree any coach has ever had. Dont get me wrong, I love watching Laker fans meltdown over the Lakers losing.. but not bringing in Phil was horrible. The worse part is, if you are a true Laker fan, I would be worried about the Laker front office decision making abilities right now. If they cant get Phil Jackson vs Mike D'Antoni right... Jerry West is gone now. The 80s showtime engineer, the guy who traded Vlade for Kobe. The Lakers might be for some rough times ahead.

Dead on. :agree: :10:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what the majority of the Lakers fans on this board have been touting all along. We all know that Short boy has effed this franchise up. Actually Phil has accepted a consulting FO position with the Pistons. Apparently the owner is friends with Phil. The story was on ESPN last evening. Phil made it clear, that he is no longer interested in coaching but wants either partial ownership or a FO position with a club. Both smack in the face of Short boy so off he went to Detroit to help them out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it possible to agree with something more than 100%? Because if it is, I do!! The hell of it is, that after guiding the Lakers to 5 freakin' championships, Short Buss couldn't even give the man a weekend to think it over?!?

As I said on another thread, Phil is an arrogant, know-it-all, prick and I'm certain that whatever the issue is between Phil and Short Buss is as much about Phil as it is Short Buss. However, Phil was apparently willing to figure out a way to work together and Short Buss was only interested in sticking it to Phil!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TrojanFan12, I saw that Phil was willing to work with Short boy but Short boy, like you said, just wanted to stick to Phil. So now Phil is off to Detroit to do some consulting work.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Phil Jackson "couldn't work anywhere else."

He goes to work in Detroit.

Which is it?

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fine with G.M. Mitch Kupchak- Not just one of the best G.M.'s in the Association, but THE BEST G.M IN ALL OF SPORTS!

People drag his name through the mud here, over my dead body, and act like he is nothing more than a potted plant! He learned under West & Dr. Buss. Magic. Phil All that.

We don't need Phil because we have Mitch.

btw, Mitch talks to Kobe. And they talk to Son of Dr. Buss.

It's all good -in the hood.

D'Antoni got the new seven million dollar crib up in here!

Manhattan Beach! :cool2::welcome::thrasher::whoo::suds:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Lakers need is a very good point guard. Not Steve Nash. They need somebody more like Chris Paul or Tony Parker. If they get somebody like that, more titles are likely in their future. But without a good PG they suck.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Lakers need is a very good point guard. Not Steve Nash. They need somebody more like Chris Paul or Tony Parker. If they get somebody like that, more titles are likely in their future. But without a good PG they suck.

they were winning titles with a declining Derek Fisher. but i agree, they need a huge upgrade at pg...