• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers were embarrassing.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might very well be the case Lakersrule. If D12 walks, Metta leaves (which may be a possibility) and Duhon is cut, we might have some cash to deal. Then if Kobe and Pau's deals are re-worked, perhaps some more cash may be made available to sign younger better players.

true, and Mitch Kupchak has been something of a minor miracle worker in the past, so we'll have to see how it goes. imo the Lakers won't just coast through next season and kinda suck on purpose just waiting for the FA class of 2014. we'll see what they can get done...

CL67

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash & Kobe Bryant think that Mike D'Antoni is a good coach.

I guess I'll go with the basketball knowledge of Steve Nash & Kobe Bryant.

It's okay if some posters on here don't get it.

They also said Mike Brown was a good coach right before he was fired... Dantoni is the coach right now, both Nash and Kobe are friends with him... Do you truly expect them to say he's garbage...? I know you're trying to sound supportive but to be blind in your support just sets you up to look dumb when things change... Were you this supportive of Mike Brown...? Do you think Chris Duhon is awesome...? Should the Lakers re-sign Ebanks to just sit there...? I was a HUGE Dantoni supporter, but he has not shown the ability to lead men in adversity...look at the Knicks, since he quit they have become an eastern power... He comes to LA and he has the same problem he had in NY, yet you give him a pass because of injuries...? Bernie had injuries and this same team and he went like 4-1 or something... Open your eyes brother, demand the best don't settle for excuses...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deals can't be restructured under the rules of the CBA, unless (I think) the player is signing a contract extension. Players can sign an extension which lowers their salary up to a certain percentage. Kobe can't just go to the front office and say he'll play for $10 million next season instead of $30 million.

If they don't resign Dwight and then amnesty Pau or Kobe, the Lakers would have a little more cap flexibility. They lose a couple major pieces though. Pau or Kobe getting amnestied is not happening though. The Lakers option are severly limited.

The front office is going to have deal with some uncertainty here. Mitch was talking about this during his presser Tuesday. Dwight can't sign until July 1st. If he hasn't made a decision by that time, then the Lakers have to go through the draft with that uncertainty. Depending on how long it takes from July 1st on for Dwight to sign somewhere also leaves the front office with some uncertainty early on in the free agency period. It is going to be intereting nonetheless.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office is going to have deal with some uncertainty here. Mitch was talking about this during his presser Tuesday. Dwight can't sign until July 1st. If he hasn't made a decision by that time, then the Lakers have to go through the draft with that uncertainty. Depending on how long it takes from July 1st on for Dwight to sign somewhere also leaves the front office with some uncertainty early on in the free agency period. It is going to be intereting nonetheless.

Just for clarity, the draft is June 27th. Dwight can't sign until July 1st, even if he suddenly decided he didn't want to talk to other teams, which would be completely contrary to everything he has consistently said since before we even signed him.

What was surprising to me was how Mitch actually looked dumbfounded when one of the reporters brought this up. You could tell the wheels were turning in Mitch's head as he responded, like he either hadn't actually thought it through yet or was somehow deluded into thinking Dwight was going to commit before July 1st.

I was wondering if it's at all possible for the Lakers to allow other teams to court Howard before July 1st, or if Howard would even want to do that if possible?

But it probably doesn't matter much, because I think we only have one pick in the second round regardless, which isn't going to impact our roster next season anyway.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also said Mike Brown was a good coach right before he was fired... Dantoni is the coach right now, both Nash and Kobe are friends with him... Do you truly expect them to say he's garbage...? I know you're trying to sound supportive but to be blind in your support just sets you up to look dumb when things change... Were you this supportive of Mike Brown...? Do you think Chris Duhon is awesome...? Should the Lakers re-sign Ebanks to just sit there...? I was a HUGE Dantoni supporter, but he has not shown the ability to lead men in adversity...look at the Knicks, since he quit they have become an eastern power... He comes to LA and he has the same problem he had in NY, yet you give him a pass because of injuries...? Bernie had injuries and this same team and he went like 4-1 or something... Open your eyes brother, demand the best don't settle for excuses...

Despite the record level of injuries, and when all the experts said we wouldn't make the play-offs, but we did! D'Antoni did what they said he couldn't do. But in the end the injuries were just to much. I think Kupchak, being a reasonable person, can see that. I think all the injuries will end up having been fluke-ish. The team will come back strong next year and D'Antoni will be coach for a while.

I support the team. I support the coach. Go Lakers!

Meta is gone. Amnestied. Antwan is gone. Kobe will be ready from the start. Nash won't get hurt like he did. Blake. Pau. D12. They were all hurt.
Why does it make some people so mad if not everybody hates the coach, GM, or what Kobe wants? I kind of think Kobe has earned what he wants. Which is good enough for me. I know it doesn't please everybody (The Haters:lm:) So- Sorry.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if it's at all possible for the Lakers to allow other teams to court Howard before July 1st, or if Howard would even want to do that if possible?

But it probably doesn't matter much, because I think we only have one pick in the second round regardless, which isn't going to impact our roster next season anyway.

I think teams can start talking to Howard once the Finals are over. I don't think they have to wait until July 1st. I could be wrong. If that's the case, Dwight could know what he's going to do prior to the draft and after hearing offers from other teams. However, as you indicated, the Lakers only have a second rounder which likely won't impact the roster much. Rarely does a second rounder have much of a NBA career yet alone a major impact their rookie season.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the record level of injuries, and when all the experts said we wouldn't make the play-offs, but we did! D'Antoni did what they said he couldn't do. But in the end the injuries were just to much. I think Kupchak, being a reasonable person, can see that. I think all the injuries will end up having been fluke-ish. The team will come back strong next year and D'Antoni will be coach for a while.

I support the team. I support the coach. Go Lakers!

Meta is gone. Amnestied. Antwan is gone. Kobe will be ready from the start. Nash won't get hurt like he did. Blake. Pau. D12. They were all hurt.
Why does it make some people so mad if not everybody hates the coach, GM, or what Kobe wants? I kind of think Kobe has earned what he wants. Which is good enough for me. I know it doesn't please everybody (The Haters:lm:) So- Sorry.

You complain about nobody debating you yet you ignore all the questions I have asked and said the same thing I've seen you say at least 5 other times... Do you have anything to add or is blind faith your entire argument...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You complain about nobody debating you yet you ignore all the questions I have asked and said the same thing I've seen you say at least 5 other times... Do you have anything to add or is blind faith your entire argument...?

i understand that D'Antoni came in AFTER the season got under way(obviously after the Mike Brown firing), but how much credit do you give him for the Lakers making the playoffs? how much is it actually the talent on the roster that got them by(a lot of it was Kobe's determination for the team to make it imo). now don't get me wrong, i think MD was an upgrade over MB, but to not question whether the guy's the right fit is just ignorant. same goes for Jim Buss...who hired MB to begin with...

old saying is that folks who don't learn the lessons from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. just puttin' that out there...

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. . . how much credit do you give [Mike D'Antoni] for the Lakers making the playoffs?

Personally, none. Because it was only when we scrapped D'Antoni's plan that we started winning. In his exit interview, Kobe took the credit for that scrapping of MDA's plan in the MEM meeting. But I think it was more about the other guys finally speaking up directly to both Kobe and MDA, saying that the team had to play more inside and the overuse of isolations weren't working at all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, none. Because it was only when we scrapped D'Antoni's plan that we started winning. In his exit interview, Kobe took the credit for that scrapping of MDA's plan in the MEM meeting. But I think it was more about the other guys finally speaking up directly to both Kobe and MDA, saying that the team had to play more inside and the overuse of isolations weren't working at all.

Exactly. Coaching had nothing to do with anything.
The ONLY reason that the Lakers made the playoffs instead of Utah was that they had Kobe's heart and determination on their side.

As far as next year. I actually agree with CL's assemsment.
They just need to get through it and set a plan for 2014.

Even IF Howard returns, I don't really see them finishing ahead of the Clippers or Warriors next year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed. that pretty much tells the story...

and i STILL question Jim Buss's decisions in hiring both coaches. the personality conflict he has with Phil Jackson is simply childish imo...

CL67

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash & Kobe Bryant think that Mike D'Antoni is a good coach.

I guess I'll go with the basketball knowledge of Steve Nash & Kobe Bryant.

It's okay if some posters on here don't get it.

Why arent you interested in playing video games like most kids? Why do you attempt to talk sport with grown men/women?? Does your mother approve of you being on this site??

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe says Lakers' current core can win title

Kobe Bryant said he believes the Los Angeles Lakers "finally figured it out" when they finished the season on a 28-12 run, and that if the core of himself, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash returns, "We can win a championship, no doubt about it."

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You attributed false quotes to me. some of the questions you asked- I don't see how anybody would answer.

And you mention blind support several times. My support is not blind. It is based on what I see.

Like this-

Kobe says Lakers' current core can win title

Kobe Bryant said he believes the Los Angeles Lakers "finally figured it out" when they finished the season on a 28-12 run, and that if the core of himself, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash returns,

"We can win a championship, no doubt about it."

Kobe Bryant believes the team is set to win the title.

Some of you guys are crying like Old Women and Hatin' at Unbelievable levels! I'll just go with Kobe. You go against him, "fan."

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i STILL question Jim Buss's decisions in hiring both coaches. the personality conflict he has with Phil Jackson is simply childish imo...

Why has NO OTHER TEAM hired Phil Jackson to be the coach, CL? Are they "childish" too? It seems odd that ALL the teams would be "childish." Is that your take?

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why arent you interested in playing video games like most kids? Why do you attempt to talk sport with grown men/women?? Does your mother approve of you being on this site??

I will await your first comment on basketball. This kind of stuff is the only thing you post.

I am more in agreement with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, etc.

With you? Not so much since you never say anything of substance.

Kobe is optimistic and so am I.

Pretty tragic, eh? Being positive. Sure gets your panties in a bundle.

Keep on Hatin.'

But don't be so shocked that some fans actually do support the team.

I am Guilty as charged, of that "crime."

I'm not crying like a bitch that it's the End of the World. Like some people...

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will await your first comment on basketball, jayviabay. This kind of stuff is the only thing you post. Puerile insults. Sure thing, No. Cal!

I am more in agreement with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Mitch Kupchak, etc.

With you? Not so much since you never say anything of substance.

Kobe is optimistic and so am I.

Pretty tragic, eh? Being positive. Sure gets your panties in a bundle.

Keep on Hatin.'

But don't be so shocked that some fans actually do support the team.

I am Guilty as charged, of that "crime."

I'm not crying like a bitch that it's the End of the World. Like some people...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers do not have a back court.

Lakers do not get points and assists from the back court they have now.

Conclusion: Lakers suck.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has NO OTHER TEAM hired Phil Jackson to be the coach, CL? Are they "childish" too? It seems odd that ALL the teams would be "childish." Is that your take?

Teams are LINING UP for a chance to hire the guy. Are you that clueless haha.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers do not have a back court.

Lakers do not get points and assists from the back court they have now.

Conclusion: Lakers suck.

Deep+Thoughts+logo.jpg