• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers vs Spurs series thread

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for D'Antoni. I don't know what any coach could have done with this roster that's better than what D'Antoni did given all of the injuries. Yes, I know that his "7 seconds or less" offense wouldn't work with this team. However, that wasn't what he was trying to do. His offense is about spacing and ball movement. It was "7 seconds or less" in Phoenix because those were the players that he had.

Maybe the haters can survey the Spurs including Pop on how it felt to play vs. a decimated Lakers team missing their heart and soul.

This fan won't sweat what uncertainties will be facing this team moving forward. As TJ12 points out, we've got a stockpile of cash with the TWC deal which can help absorb a luxury tax hit. Lakers are 2nd highest valued franchise behind the Knicks, the heritage and reputation that go along with this team, and pure fact this team will not go 20+ years without being a contender is not going to be lost on the Buss kiddos. Trust me and unless they sell the team at some point, I see us coming back to contend and not just be happy to make the playoffs as most teams do. They will not take the Mavs route and stand pat when you've got cap space and an aging superstar.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerism at its finest.

Health won't help you beat the top tier WC teams......they outran you nightly on fast breaks, and you couldn't get defensive stops in the halfcourt. Why? Because old slow players don't run, health or not......they also don't have the footspeed to stay in front of opposing guards.......man a LOT of PGs lit the Lakers up ALL SEASON. And with no bench to really speak of, there will be a lot of mileage put on those aging starters.

I don't see any improvement in their chances even if healthy. Basically you have a roster that doesn't fit well together. Couple that with bad coaching, and you get a 7 seed team with no chance.

They could improve tot he 6 seed perhaps......but WCF is NOT in the cards for this current roster, no way, no how.

No bench to speak of? Steve Blake was playing the best ball of his career before he got hurt, Earl Clark, Jordan Hill, Antwan Jamison. All solid players who bring energy. What we need is for our shooters to knock down those open shots.

But as Trojan said, the Lakers only had 22 games together. If Steve Nash doesn't have a freak year and stays healthy like he normally does, next year is a completely different season. We'll just have to wait and see, as for me I'll be enjoying the rest of the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator: