• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers vs Spurs series thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people believe that the Lakers can win this one and advance. The Lakers might get stopped by the Denver Thugs though if they don't figure out a few things. I still believe that the Lakers are good enough to beat the Spurs and Denver Thuggets, but not good enough to beat Miami or Oklahoma

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is not much venom to have at it.

The Spurs don't really anger the Lakers much and vice versa.

Despite this being the 7th playoff series in the Kobe-Duncan era, there really has not been a great series with drama.

All of the series have been a bit boring between the two franchises with little hatred or drama. (excepting the .4 second Derek Fisher shot.....)

Dallas or Phoenix tends to bring out the Spurs hatred.

The Lakers seem to have more history with Portland, Phoenix, and OKC(lately).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's most people?

Most people think the Lakers can make it a competitive series but I see much ppl who think they can actually win this series

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people? hmmm???

Suddenly the Spurs are helpless now.

The Lakers are dangerous, but the meter has in fact shifted to the point of Laker overconfidence.

I didn't realize the Spurs were such tremendous underdogs now.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people? hmmm???

Suddenly the Spurs are helpless now.

The Lakers are dangerous, but the meter has in fact shifted to the point of Laker overconfidence.

I didn't realize the Spurs were such tremendous underdogs now.

LOL, punchline trying to start trouble...

CL67

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to see some vintage Nash, vintage Pau, prime Howard playing against vintage Duncan, Ginobli, Parker but I have a feeling that this will disappoint.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, punchline trying to start trouble...

CL67

How am I starting trouble? I was not the one who said most people think the Lakers can win the series right?

As I said before most people think the lakers can stretch to game 6 but that's about it.

Most predictions I see are Spurs in 5 or Spurs in 6

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I starting trouble? I was not the one who said most people think the Lakers can win the series right?

As I said before most people think the lakers can stretch to game 6 but that's about it.

Most predictions I see are Spurs in 5 or Spurs in 6

you DID start the thread out with "have at it, boys"...

CL67

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not that in a negative way in terms of going back and forth with each other. This is just a thread where you guys can post about the series because I know most of you won't show up on my 1st round playoffs thread because you're used to the lakers series having their own thread

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not that in a negative way in terms of going back and forth with each other. This is just a thread where you guys can post about the series because I know most of you won't show up on my 1st round playoffs thread because you're used to the lakers series having their own thread

ok. didn't say you did it maliciously, but you know when you tell two parties to "have at it" it kinda means you are egging both sides on to throw down. just sayin'...

CL67

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is Laker over confidence. Especially from the Lakers themselves. I think it's just a case of believing if the Lakers play like they have recently they can win the series. Doesn't mean it will be easy or that it's a given but if they play as a team they can win the series. There have been less likely scenarios over the years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is not much venom to have at it.

The Spurs don't really anger the Lakers much and vice versa.

Despite this being the 7th playoff series in the Kobe-Duncan era, there really has not been a great series with drama.

All of the series have been a bit boring between the two franchises with little hatred or drama. (excepting the .4 second Derek Fisher shot.....)

Dallas or Phoenix tends to bring out the Spurs hatred.

The Lakers seem to have more history with Portland, Phoenix, and OKC(lately).

I agree!! Lakers/Spurs is a more "friendly" type rivalry!! I think both teams and fanbases respect one another (at least that's my experience).

As for the Lakers chances. I put their chances at about 40% because the Spurs are the only team that is about as banged up as the Lakers.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Motherfuckin' Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!! There's my Turrets flairing up again......sorry about that.
Sam

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, THAT'S an outburst you should've saved for tomorrow...

CL67
Oh man, check this fucked up shit out. So my wonderful, lovely, awesome wife decides this Sunday, yeah that's right, tomorrow is a fine fucking day to have a "playdate" for my 5 and 7 year olds.........AT OUR GODDAMN HOUSE! So I says "Hey baby, hows about I take off for a while tomorrow around 1:30 mountain standard time, you know, just to go to the park or something". Nope, need you to help with the playdate. I am forced with a problem here..........do I want to fight? Not really, don't win that often. Do I just leave? Just end up fighting later. Think I'll try to hide downstairs or something. The real pisser is I know she did this shit on purpose...........
Sam

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, check this fucked up shit out. So my wonderful, lovely, awesome wife decides this Sunday, yeah that's right, tomorrow is a fine fucking day to have a "playdate" for my 5 and 7 year olds.........AT OUR GODDAMN HOUSE! So I says "Hey baby, hows about I take off for a while tomorrow around 1:30 mountain standard time, you know, just to go to the park or something". Nope, need you to help with the playdate. I am forced with a problem here..........do I want to fight? Not really, don't win that often. Do I just leave? Just end up fighting later. Think I'll try to hide downstairs or something. The real pisser is I know she did this shit on purpose...........
Sam

Makes me glad my son is 16!! No playdates (at least none that he wants me or my wife monitoring)!!

Did you tell her that you already have a playdate with the Lakers?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam

i'll put it to you this way. how badly do you feel like logging couch hours? and we BOTH that women forget NOTHING. i guarantee that you'll hear about this in some way, shape, or form(even AFTER make-up sex) for the rest of your natural life. this is said with MY wife looking over my shoulder lol...

i'm trying to help ya hear, bro...

CL67

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait?!? Doesn't Sam not watching usually result in a Laker win?

Obviously his wife is just trying to help the cause!! :becky:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait?!? Doesn't Sam not watching usually result in a Laker win?

Obviously his wife is just trying to help the cause!! :becky:

LOL, all i'm saying is this(this comes from a guy who's going into his 27th year of marraige), women...forget...NOTHING. DO let that be your guide, bro...:angel:

CL67