• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Agree To Deal With Mozgov

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, as long as it's within reason when posting on team boards Wamu.

I've seen nothing that you've posted about the Lakers that says you are trolling (Other than your persistence in saying you will)

So IMO, it's all good to take a jab every now and then, and let all roll with the punches as long as it's not below the belt so to speak, however team boards are for the like minded to gather and rejoice or bitch about their team success, struggles or direction, not for fending off trolls.

So have your fun here if you must, but don't take it overboard, and you'll be fine.

:nod:

I think Adam Morrison is the greatest Laker ever!

Well...time to run!:bolt:

Duck 'n cover...:peep:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Adam Morrison is the greatest Laker ever!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2WJyjjAq0Rc_9wb0AfLJs4BW64bELu2IuPrsvJKlIJBbsVP2bnw.jpg
Bruins fans love this guy! (Although Mark Sanchez has taken over this term of endearment of late, aka Dirty Sanchez)

I remember back in the day on the SeeBS boards. and a few here can attest, like @trojanfan12, we had to sanction the term 'Dirty Sanchez' on the Lakers board over there b/c there were so many of us who learned to love the moniker for this dude, ne'er do I recall he EVER being slotted in as the greatest Laker to ever lace 'em up! :lol:

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 133427
Bruins fans love this guy! (Although Mark Sanchez has taken over this term of endearment, aka Dirty Sanchez, of late)

I remember back in the day on the SeeBS boards. and a few here can attest here, like @trojanfan12, we had to sanction the term 'Dirty Sanchez' on the Lakers board over there b/c there were so many of us who learned to love the moniker for this dude, ne'er do I recall he EVER being slotted in the greatest Laker to ever lace 'em up! :lol:

Hey ya gotta understand that as a Celtics fan since the early 80's I'm obligated to talk some shit about your Lakers. And I'll be honest, never cared for Kobe. But even as I rooted against the Showtime Lakers throughout the 80's I got nothing but the utmost respect for the organization. Magic pissed me off but loved watching him play. Growing up in Akron, OH. there were certain teams back then I always made sure to catch live when they were in town. The Celtics (of course), your showtime Lakers, Philly w/ Dr. J., the Bad Boys, Hakeem, the Human Highlight Reel & so on. Enjoyed see all of them live.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mozgov signing is growing on me. He averaged almost 15ppg and 10rpg in the Finals a few seasons ago until he fell out of favor with the team this season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson got a 4 year deal worth 50 million. A bargain when you see Fournier got 5 years and 85 mill and Evan Turner got 4 years and 70 mill.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another possible reason for the Mozgov signing, that folks are overlooking, may be the drafting of Ivica Zubac. He's a projected first round talent who fell to the Lakers at #32 (similar to how they got Clarkson). So, part of the reason to get Mozgov may have been to help with the development of Zubac.

If memory serves, Mitch said something awhile back about needing solid vets to help with the development of the youngsters.

I pointed that out on the NBA offseason thread.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ya gotta understand that as a Celtics fan since the early 80's I'm obligated to talk some shit about your Lakers. And I'll be honest, never cared for Kobe. But even as I rooted against the Showtime Lakers throughout the 80's I got nothing but the utmost respect for the organization. Magic pissed me off but loved watching him play. Growing up in Akron, OH. there were certain teams back then I always made sure to catch live when they were in town. The Celtics (of course), your showtime Lakers, Philly w/ Dr. J., the Bad Boys, Hakeem, the Human Highlight Reel & so on. Enjoyed see all of them live.
I was lucky enough to see the Twin Towers take down my Lakers in Game 5 back in the day. A buddy of mine from college won some pretty sweet seats to this game and what a finish to that game!

This was clearly one of the two most infamous games (Well as a Lakers fan) that I've ever attended.

The other was the career ending playoff game, between the LA Raiders and the Cincinnati Bengals, for Bo Jackson when he blew out his hip. :L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lucky enough to see the Twin Towers take down my Lakers in Game 5 in the day. A buddy of mine from college won some pretty sweet seats to this game and what a finish to that game!

This was clearly one of the two most infamous games (Well as a Lakers fan) that I've ever attended.

The other was career ending playoff game, between the LA Raiders and the Cincinnati Bengals, for Bo Jackson when he blew out his hip. :L

Oh man that Bo video still makes me sick to my stomach. Never got the chance to see Bo live but loved watching him played. Helluva 2-sport athlete. Neon Deion was great, but he wasn't Bo. What could have been had he stayed healthy. At least we got to see his magic before the career ending injury though. To this day 1 of my all time favorite NFL highlights is Bo running over Duh Boz.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man that Bo video still makes me sick to my stomach. Never got the chance to see Bo live but loved watching him played. Helluva 2-sport athlete. Neon Deion was great, but he wasn't Bo. What could have been had he stayed healthy. At least we got to see his magic before the career ending injury though. To this day 1 of my all time favorite NFL highlights is Bo running over Duh Boz.
I'm telling you, when we watched that play live, (We were in the endzone with Bo coming right at us) we all couldn't tell what the delay was. I mean the game was stalled for a long time!

It looked to us, like any other play when it happened. Still boggles my mind!

As a devote Rams fan, Bo was one reason I wanted to go to a Raiders games, that and it was an NFL playoff game!

My boss was able to get tickets for our group from work, (Still had to pay for them) but we always attended events like that as a group, them were the days.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mozgov signing is growing on me. He averaged almost 15ppg and 10rpg in the Finals a few seasons ago until he fell out of favor with the team this season.
I'm good with it DJ.

The worse part for me is the term however if he is the mentor for Zu that we need, and he plays decent during his contract, it will all pan out in the long run with the cap ceiling so elevated and all.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, when we watched that play live, (We were in the endzone with Bo coming right at us) we all couldn't tell what the delay was. I mean the game was stalled for a long time!

It looked to us, like any other play when it happened. Still boggles my mind!

As a devote Rams fan, Bo was one reason I wanted to go to a Raiders games, that and it was an NFL playoff game!

My boss was able to get tickets for our group from work, (Still had to pay for them) but we always attended events like that as a group, them were the days.

That's damn cool. I've been to alotta different live sporting events over the years but the 1 that stands out the most for me was being @ The Shoe when Ohio State beat meeeechegan 14-9 in '02 to earn a trip to the national title game.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with it DJ.

The worse part for me is the term however if he is the mentor for Zu that we need, and he plays decent during his contract, it will all pan out in the long run with the cap ceiling so elevated and all.

Pretty sure the 3rd and 4th years are team options.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the 3rd and 4th years are team options.
Well that changes things!

Good deal man, I can live with that!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need a backup SG and SF.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's damn cool. I've been to alotta different live sporting events over the years but the 1 that stands out the most for me was being @ The Shoe when Ohio State beat meeeechegan 14-9 in '02 to earn a trip to the national title game.
So I'll guess you're a C's fan because of Larry?

Just a few hours or so from Indiana State and the era seems about right.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll guess you're a C's fan because of Larry?

Just a few hours or so from Indiana State and the era seems about right.

Larry will always be my favorite NBAer. My dad & older brother are why I'm a C's fan though. Went to a few games @ the original Garden back in the day. I was also @ Bird's final NBA game in '92 when the C's were eliminated by the Cavs. And during the '96 AS Game in Cleveland was lucky enough to meet Larry after the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry will always be my favorite NBAer. My dad & older brother are why I'm a C's fan though. Went to a few games @ the original Garden back in the day. I was also @ Bird's final NBA game in '92 when the C's were eliminated by the Cavs. And during the '96 AS Game in Cleveland was lucky enough to meet Larry after the game.
Sweet....

So you are a Cavs fan! :thumb:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet....

So you are a Cavs fan! :thumb:

Not anymore...from now on I'm officially a Lakers fans!

:doobs:...Wait a minute, this weed is obviously better than I thought.:yes:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore...from now on I'm officially a Lakers fans!

:doobs:...Wait a minute, this weed is obviously better than I thought.:yes: