• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe in his closing argument

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would've been cool, if he passed Jordan on that fade away he missed, a move he learned from Jordan.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with the "if Jordan had played" argument is could he? Probably. Did he? It just doesnt exist.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with the "if Jordan had played" argument is could he? Probably. Did he? It just doesnt exist.

I don't think there is any doubt about the two years in between those two sets of championship runs. Granted that ifs and would have don't actually exist, but I think MJ could have easily won 8 in a row

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any doubt about the two years in between those two sets of championship runs. Granted that ifs and would have don't actually exist, but I think MJ could have easily won 8 in a row

The thing i always think about when it comes to things like that is whos to say that he would have made that shot against Utah, or they would have come out in 96'. Shit only happens the way it does once. Just the way i think of it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing i always think about when it comes to things like that is whos to say that he would have made that shot against Utah, or they would have come out in 96'. Shit only happens the way it does once. Just the way i think of it.

There are no guarantees in life, so it's a legitimate argument to say Michael wouldn't have necessarily won, but the history indicates he most likely would have. I think Michael Jordan was definitely a better player than what Kobe has ever been, but being second best next to MJ is not a bad thing either and nothing to be ashamed of.

In the mean time the Lebron Lovers must really be pissed because the comparisons between Kobe and Michael Jordan just won't stop and even Michael Jordan has accepted and embraced Kobe as the second best next to him. LeBron is not even close to the conversation:pound:

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no guarantees in life, so it's a legitimate argument to say Michael wouldn't have necessarily won, but the history indicates he most likely would have. I think Michael Jordan was definitely a better player than what Kobe has ever been, but being second best next to MJ is not a bad thing either and nothing to be ashamed of.

In the mean time the Lebron Lovers must really be pissed because the comparisons between Kobe and Michael Jordan just won't stop and even Michael Jordan has accepted and embraced Kobe as the second best next to him. LeBron is not even close to the conversation:pound:

Lebron aint even better then Jason Kidd :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk Nowitzki in his prime was better than LeBron - lmao

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this - Michael Jordan accomplished what he did while missing two years in between his two sets of three championships in a row and then retired because the owner of the Chicago Bulls was a dumb ass that busted up the team. Can you imagine what Michael would have accomplished if he had played those two years in between and continued to play a few more years after the Phil Jackson era. If Michael Jordan had done that - No player would have passed him, but

Congratulations to Kobe Bryant for passing Michael and being the only player to come so close to Michael Jordan's accomplishments. That should not be disrespected in any form or way. Michael still was and is the best ever truthfully

Well said. ANnd Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan in this era. Remarkable player. Brilliant move by Jerry West for drafting him

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. ANnd Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan in this era. Remarkable player. Brilliant move by Jerry West for drafting him

With all the draft picks, trades, and free agent signings Jerry West accomplished with the Lakers in the 80s-00s, plus being tge logo, don't you think he he sits at home sometimes and say, "Im a baaaaaaaaaad muthafucka?"

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the draft picks, trades, and free agent signings Jerry West accomplished with the Lakers in the 80s-00s, plus being tge logo, don't you think he he sits at home sometimes and say, "Im a baaaaaaaaaad muthafucka?"

He probably does when he is not busy making the Warriors a better team :)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was gonna get it on that baseline fade-away. That would have been perfect.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Phil Jackson's comment about how Michaels hands were the biggest difference.

We all know the standard hand size comparison with penis size (length of outstretched thumb to forefinger is your erect cock) so every time I hear it I hear how Jordan was hung better with bigger balls than kobe.

Still have Kareem and Karl Malone to pass, nobody made that big of a deal when Malone passed Jordan, dont know why

Jordan scored his points in 1072 games over 15 seasons, leaving for 3 in the prime of his career. Kobe took 1269, almost 200 more to meet MJ's scoring over 19 seasons.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil was literally saying that the hand size disparity was a huge difference. Jordan was way more ferocious attacking the rim than Kobe. Jordan could palm the ball attacking the rim instead of having to cradle it with the wrist like most players his size have to do, including Kobe. Huge control difference.