• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe comes back, Lakers get worse, who would have thought?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong feeling that Kobe is stat chasing realizing a ring is most likely out of the equation. Clearly the Lakers and every one but Pau is on board with this for their own reasons.

At this rate he should finish #11 all time for assists. Points he will easily pass MJ and is never catching Malone so his strategy really makes a ton of sense.

It also looks fairly certain he will be the all time leader for turn overs...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to take every shot to be a ball hog.

His usage rate is 11th in the league which is higher than Durant, Curry, Parker, George, Jennings, Beldsoe and LBJs. I had to include all players rather than qualified but if you look at only starters he is 6th behind Melo, Rose, Irving, Westbrook and Cousins who tops it with 32.5. Kobe's is 28.9.

And judging by his TOs and PER you could make a strong case that the Lakers would be better if he was not running the point and stepping back and letting others play.

His PER is 12.64, of the other starters on this list only Rose (10.61) and Irving are below 20 (18.2)...MELO has a PER of 23.92.

All that being said it is 4 games back so let's see where he peaks after this injury.

My thoughts on him "facilitating" being a detriment is that the way he does it get him stats but could make the other players complacent. Like what Melo does in NY.

Once again, you show a lack of knowledge of the most basic facets of the game and try to twist stats to prove a point that you don't actually ever make.

Kobe has been back for 4 games. Because all 3 Lakers point guards are out with injury, it has fallen to Kobe to play the point for 2 of those 4 games. Mike D'Antoni's offense is a point guard driven offense. By definition, whoever is playing point, is going to have the ball in his hands a lot.

As for turnovers, it's a timing issue. Again, Kobe has been back for 4 games after an 8 month layoff and it's an almost entirely different roster, so the timing between Kobe and his teammates is off. This means passes that get missed and/or dropped out of bounds because teammates aren't getting the ball quite where they expect it yet. Those types of TO's are credited to the point guard.

As Hizzle points out, no one wants Kobe playing point guard (including Kobe), but when all 3 point guards are sidelined, someone has to do it. The Lakers are just lucky that Kobe can.

Hopefully, at least one or 2 of the point guards will be back soon and Kobe won't have to run point as much. That, and about 15-20 more games under his belt should help improve things and cut back on some of the turnovers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong feeling that Kobe is stat chasing realizing a ring is most likely out of the equation. Clearly the Lakers and every one but Pau is on board with this for their own reasons.

At this rate he should finish #11 all time for assists. Points he will easily pass MJ and is never catching Malone so his strategy really makes a ton of sense.

It also looks fairly certain he will be the all time leader for turn overs...

You do?!? Really?!? How shocking!! I think this might be the 1st time you ever posted that........or the 10,000th.:lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe should stop being PG to let who play? Did you forget all of our PG's are injured Bot...

First he is stat chasing for points, now Kobe is stat chasing for assists? Lmao.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe should stop being PG to let who play? Did you forget all of our PG's are injured Bot...

First he is stat chasing for points, now Kobe is stat chasing for assists? Lmao.

BOTworld is a special place. Only in BOTworld can leading a team in assists be considered selfish stat chasing.

When you visit BOTworld, make sure you wear your helmet for the ride on that cute little bus.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually suprised you admitted to "sometimes" (a clear exaggeration, but still...). Fact is everyone knows you're here to give Lakers fans a bad time. And don't try to BS anyone with any other explanation because i've seen your comedy act for years. To accuse ANYBODY of " more trolling than you" is a joke, dude...

That's simply the truth. Let's face it. None of us have been kicked off a sports site for it, have we...?:lol:

That's because I'm a man and can admit things, unlike yourself.

Fact is you're here to give Heat / LeBron fans a bad time.....correct? You started a thread strictly for trolling them...correct? Your fake hate is based on being a sheep and following others to be "part of the cool crowd", correct? I'd say you clearly troll more than I considering the majority of your posts are in LeBron / Heat threads, correct?

That's the simple truth.

btw...I have never not been able to access or post on this site. So "as usual" you lie and have no idea what you're talking about. Don't believe me, ask HD to look it up if need be.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the kobe lovers will call me a hater.. but he is still turning the ball over to much. 7 tos last night. I realize all he has been through with the injury. I also know he isn't a true PG, so that makes this a little more difficult. 7 turn overs is just to high. I don't blame him for the turnovers all the way. being a PG in the NBA is hard.. he isn't a PG, he is a SG.

now, with that said, he is looking better. I still don't see the explosion.. yet. I would love to see kobe back to being kobe. I enjoy greatness no matter the uniform.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Kobe's TO are pretty high and so are Gasol's. Gasol has been mentioned in a trade to New York over at SB Nation for Tyson Chandler. Maybe they'll find a trading partner for Kobe. Just for the record, the Lakers are 1-3 since the return of Kobe and he is playing the point guard position fairly decently when the Lakers are pretty thin at the point.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious Botworld doesn't watch Lakers games so we'll excuse the chico for relying only on Lakers box scores...

As for the alleged Knicks fan and Lakers/Kobe hater, why would you find it odd he not posting about his Knicks?? What is there to post? The biggest market in the country with one title in 42 years...I would be embarrassed to root for a shitty franchise. Just sayin

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the kobe lovers will call me a hater.. but he is still turning the ball over to much. 7 tos last night. I realize all he has been through with the injury. I also know he isn't a true PG, so that makes this a little more difficult. 7 turn overs is just to high. I don't blame him for the turnovers all the way. being a PG in the NBA is hard.. he isn't a PG, he is a SG.

now, with that said, he is looking better. I still don't see the explosion.. yet. I would love to see kobe back to being kobe. I enjoy greatness no matter the uniform.

I agree 100% about the turnovers (btw, so does Kobe). I think most of it will "self-correct" as he develops better timing with his teammates. Remember, it's not only "training camp" for him right now, but this is an almost completely different roster too. Plus, he's such an integral part of what the Lakers do, it's almost like the whole team is back in training camp.

It'll be a good 15-20 games in before we really know how much Kobe, Kobe has left.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yessiiirrreeee bob. It's all about assuming, the rotten, ball hogging, shot chucking scum...

Amazing...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because I'm a man and can admit things, unlike yourself.

Riiiiiigghhht. Clearly you know that's the case...oh wait...

You and some other insufferable barfbag came up with this lie and CONTINUE to swear by it. DO tell me how that's working for you...?:lol:

Fact is you're here to give Heat / LeBron fans a bad time.....correct?

Huh. Sure, ok. Whatever you feel justifies your actions...:rollseyes:

You started a thread strictly for trolling them...correct? Your fake hate is based on being a sheep and following others to be "part of the cool crowd", correct? I'd say you clearly troll more than I considering the majority of your posts are in LeBron / Heat threads, correct?

Wow, assuming really DID make an ass outta you...

The thread in question(i'm guessing you're referring to the Heat hater's thread) was simply carried over from CBS. It isn't like i twisted anyone's arm to troll it....

As for "fake hatred" it CERTAINLY no worse than what you have out for the Lakers and their fans(for a HELLUVA lot longer, i might add). so you tell me which is MORE pathetic. And it isn't like i'm existing on a sports board to try to outsmart and out attitude anybody...

That's the simple truth.

Oh, of course...or at least YOUR version...:lol:

btw...I have never not been able to access or post on this site. So "as usual" you lie and have no idea what you're talking about. Don't believe me, ask HD to look it up if need be.

Re-heally? So you're saying you WEREN'T booted off here for a week for your trolling. Am i making this up? HILARIOUS...:laugh3:

as i said, great comedy act. Hell, i'm hoping you stick around for a VERY long time. What would this board be without you...?:clap:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, now THIS is why i respect Flauge. At least he's not going out of his way to be a dick...

Good post AND observation. Hoping more play and repetition will work out the kinks...

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, the Kobe playing PG experiment isn't working out? Color me shocked, y'all.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, now THIS is why i respect Flauge. At least he's not going out of his way to be a dick...

Good post AND observation. Hoping more play and repetition will work out the kinks...

I am not being a dick at all, you just do not like what the stats say.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not being a dick at all, you just do not like what the stats say.

And i wasn't referring to YOU. see what a bad thing ASSUMPTION is now...?

As far as the numbers go, they simply don't tell all the story(as TF12 has already pointed out)...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....you are making it up. HD told me to get the hell out over some differences in the beginning but never banned me. I've always had access to post. Don't believe me, ask him or any other mod who has history of my account.

As for Bam, if I were embarrassed to be a Knicks fan then I wouldn't openly show that they're my team. Their time will come.

Done deflecting this thread.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....you are making it up. HD told me to get the hell out over some differences in the beginning but never banned me. I've always had access to post. Don't believe me, ask him or any other mod who has history of my account.

Oh, i see. "Differences". Uh huh, got it...:laugh3:

As for Bam, if I were embarrassed to be a Knicks fan then I wouldn't openly show that they're my team. Their time will come.

Done deflecting this thread.

Translation: "tired of looking like a dick and a stupid ass." Can't blame ya...

Do keep up the good work...:lol:

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it concerns Kobe's TO's, If they were watching the actual games and we know they're not, they'd know that a number of them were his teammates not being ready to receive passes or getting them stripped as it happened with Pau last night.

No matter what his contributions led to more Lakers points than the opponents past two games in particular. This thread and its poster will look stupid in a few games.