• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe broken knee cap out 2 months

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers likely out six weeks with injured knee - ESPN Los Angeles

Lakers lose Kobe Bryant again
Updated: December 19, 2013, 3:55 PM ET
By Ramona Shelburne | ESPNLosAngeles.com

Los Angeles Lakers star guard Kobe Bryant is expected to miss six weeks with a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee, the team announced Thursday.

Bryant suffered the injury Tuesday in the Lakers' victory at the Memphis Grizzlies. An MRI exam Thursday revealed that Bryant actually played for a half against the Grizzlies with it.

The news comes as an undeniable blow to the Lakers, who in late November signed Bryant to a two-year, $48.5 million contract extension before the 35-year-old had made it back onto the floor from a torn Achilles.

Bryant returned to the court from the injury Dec. 8, and has averaged 13.8 points and 6.3 assists in six games since.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is tough to play with that broken knee cap, but damn now it is time to tank for real.

Trade Gasol's ass and start rebuilding. This season is lost for sure.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is tough to play with that broken knee cap, but damn now it is time to tank for real.

Trade Gasol's ass and start rebuilding. This season is lost for sure.

This season is certainly lost regarding winning a title, but that was a pipe dream anyway. This season should now be more about developing players like Wes and Sacre and seeing if any of these young players have long term potential.

I imagine Gasol will start sucking again. His improved play coincided with Kobe's return. Those two work well together independent of D'Antoni's offense. Trade him for a grass-fed cow, feed Kaman some of that clean meat, and then let the caveman play. He wants to be out there. I have to question Gasol's motivation level.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season was lost anyways it was just a matter of seeing if we could get a high draft pick, the good thing is it's just a hyper extension, so he doesn't need surgery, at least he also gets to still rest up that achilies. Will be fine, but I also believe we need a new head coach next season.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be fine? LMAO! I chuckle everytime I read that on this board. As I said long ago, this team is done for a while. Mitch Kupchak and the Dr's son continue to run it into the ground. Until those two are somehow replaced, this team will continue suffer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First gents, Kobe does not have a broken knee cap. His Tibial table on the outside (lateral side) is cracked or broken. The Tibia bone at the top where it articulates with the Femur in the knee joint is flat with slight indentations for the knuckles or condyles of the femur to sit in. The outside is cracked and that is a 4-6 week proposition-maybe longer. The knee cap is fine. There is a distinct difference. A broken kneecap would be an even longer convalescence.

This is starting to eerily look very similar to what is going on with Nash. Rapid succession of injuries and complete healing is much longer and more distant. As I have stated before, Kobe is in that twilight period where he won't be coming back in such a hurry as he once did. He took about the amount of time I predicted he would with the Achilles rupture when everyone was stating his return would be in October. It was instead in December and if you want to go back and dig up those posts, I stated then it would be December or January which is what it was.

This return is probably going to be in the neighborhood of the end of February, the beginning of March. There is a distinct possibility now looming that if this becomes a pattern, Kobe will not see the end of his two-year extension. He and Nash are going to have to come to terms with that and what every athlete has to eventually face and that is time is catching up with them both and he may have to consider retirement into coaching at some point in the near future. The same definitely goes for Nash.

Jordon Farmar will be back probably in the next two weeks. Others can fill in until then. It is time for this team to continue to pursue youth and rebuild this franchise. The writing is on the wall. They need to swallow their pride as a franchise and move in that direction and stop coddling old players who are nearly done as Magic Johnson and Shaq have both stated recently. And as TEB has suggested, perhaps it is time to remove Short Buss's influence from this club as a start.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be fine? LMAO! I chuckle everytime I read that on this board. As I said long ago, this team is done for a while. Mitch Kupchak and the Dr's son continue to run it into the ground. Until those two are somehow replaced, this team will continue suffer.

What has Mitch done wrong? In the space on 3 years he managed to get Chris Paul (not his fault Stern nixed it) and Dwight Howard. Let alone a fairly decent team this year for peanuts.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe needs to go to a warm beach somewhere and sit until about October 1st next year. The man needs to baby his legs and heal fully. Meantime, the Lakers need to clean house, draft strong and be ready to do next season what the Trailblazers are doing now.

D'Antoni needs to be dismissed before the sun sets today.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Mitch done wrong? In the space on 3 years he managed to get Chris Paul (not his fault Stern nixed it) and Dwight Howard. Let alone a fairly decent team this year for peanuts.

It's very hip to bash Kupchak.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has to wonder why Kupchak puts up with this shit but then again if I lived in Beverly Hills and worked for the Lakers, I'd keep my head down and just make sure the checks kept rolling in.

BTW, at one of the last Lakers games I went to, I came in to go to my seat (eBay ticket) and look who I was standing next to.

Attachments

• Picture-519.jpg
    Picture-519.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 101
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my eyes Mitch is a genius. One of the better GMs in any of the major sports. But unfortunately he doesn't sign his own paycheck. With Mitch on top the Lakers contend EVERY year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Shaqdaddy. People forget that Mitch was schooled by the best, the logo who, as a consultant, is up in San Fran quietly consulting his magic with W's and they have quickly become a perennial contender.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, you have all the connections!

No, I just paid a shitload of money for a great ticket! Was a once-in-a-decade experience.

Look who I was sitting behind! The man himself.

Attachments

• Picture-515.jpg
    Picture-515.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 64

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Shaqdaddy. People forget that Mitch was schooled by the best, the logo who, as a consultant, is up in San Fran quietly consulting his magic with W's and they have quickly become a perennial contender.

It's very interesting and exciting what's happening in Golden State! :nod: Man, they are allot of fun to watch.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that pic I posted, you can see The Big Fundamental on the left.