• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers G Kobe Bryant says rehab remains ahead of schdule

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,893.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant isn't sure he'll be ready to play when the Los Angeles Lakers open the season on Oct. 29, although he remains ahead of schedule in rehabbing his surgically repaired Achilles' tendon.

Bryant turns 35 next week and he vowed that his 17-year career is "definitely not over."

"I just want that jewelry," he said, referring to the possibility of claiming his sixth NBA championship.

"People just don't understand how obsessed I am with winning."

Bryant made his comments to late night host Jimmy Kimmel during "Kobe Up Close," a one-on-one conversation with the NBA superstar on Thursday night at Nokia Theatre across from Staples Center.

Source: ESPN LA

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. A cautious approach is always good even with Kobe!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is running on a weight-bearing treadmill now, no more Alter-G treadmill. If he is not ready by opening night, I don't think it will be long after.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is running on a weight-bearing treadmill now, no more Alter-G treadmill. If he is not ready by opening night, I don't think it will be long after.

i do see where everyone else is coming from, though. no need to rush things. make absolutely sure. especially at THIS stage of his career. as much as i'd love to see him back out on the floor for opening night it'd be FAR better to make it December or January if it's necessary...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do see where everyone else is coming from, though. no need to rush things. make absolutely sure. especially at THIS stage of his career. as much as i'd love to see him back out on the floor for opening night it'd be FAR better to make it December or January if it's necessary...

Additionally, barring a minor miracle, the Lakers aren't going to be contending for a title this season. So no sense in him rushing back and possibly hurting a possible title run in the season after this.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you fellas that if he rushes back to quickly and ruptures the same one the other one, he'll be done and Don'tknowi, who in a lot ways was responsible for the first rupture by over-playing Kobe, will Don'tknowi again and let Kobe do it without much forethought. That would be another complete disaster which Don'tknowi, at least from last year's performance, appears to be good at generating.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is pretty in tune with his body. He's working with some of the best medical personnel out there. If he is cleared to play by opening night and if he feels mentally/physically ready to play, I don't think you can call it rushing back from this injury. Remember, the initial diagnosis was 6-9 months. 6 months puts him in training camp. The surgical procedure was also an 'innovative' one which may lead to a shortened recovery time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you fellas that if he rushes back to quickly and ruptures the same one the other one, he'll be done and Don'tknowi, who in a lot ways was responsible for the first rupture by over-playing Kobe, will Don'tknowi again and let Kobe do it without much forethought. That would be another complete disaster which Don'tknowi, at least from last year's performance, appears to be good at generating.

Disagree re: "overplaying Kobe" being responsible for the achilles injury. Every doctor, trainer and physical therapist that I've heard asked has said that it doesn't effect that. It could happen just as easily stepping off a curb.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is pretty in tune with his body. He's working with some of the best medical personnel out there. If he is cleared to play by opening night and if he feels mentally/physically ready to play, I don't think you can call it rushing back from this injury. Remember, the initial diagnosis was 6-9 months. 6 months puts him in training camp. The surgical procedure was also an 'innovative' one which may lead to a shortened recovery time.

I agree DR, Klapper also said Kobe will be back by opening night his already ahead of schedule & might even be stronger then last year thats how much the procedure went well & we all know Kobe has an amazing body that heals quickly through anything even at his age...I would never bet against him if you tell number #24 he cant do it, he will prove you wrong...Fact!:nod:

Let's Go Purple & Gold:yahoo: