• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe back from Europe to assist Lakers Carmelo Anthony pitch

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is a proven scorer if nothing else, which is something the team severely lacked without Kobe last year. If, god forbid, Kobe hurts himself again next season at least we'd have someone to get us 25+ points per night.

Add to the fact Kobe has already said he's willing to change his game - maybe consider himself the #2 option and be more of a facilitator.

This could be a good partnership. And even if we don't get Pau back we still have a double/double guy in Randle.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is a proven scorer if nothing else, which is something the team severely lacked without Kobe last year. If, god forbid, Kobe hurts himself again next season at least we'd have someone to get us 25+ points per night.

Add to the fact Kobe has already said he's willing to change his game - maybe consider himself the #2 option and be more of a facilitator.

This could be a good partnership. And even if we don't get Pau back we still have a double/double guy in Randle.

:agree: I am also not a big fan of 'Melo. However, thinking back to last season, how many times did we watch the opponent go on a run or the Lakers go cold and said that's where we need that player that can stop those runs or keep the team in games?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping if Melo comes he and Kobe and connect just like Lebron and Wade did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping if Melo comes he and Kobe and connect just like Lebron and Wade did.

'Melo is supposed to be one of Kobe's closest friends in the NBA, so that's a good start. However, you never know until they are on the court together. I'm sure there will be some hiccups just like there was with Wade and 'Melo, hopefully they'll figure it out too.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more and more reports saying lakers aren't really in consideration...at this point id be shocked if he signs with lakers...so whats plan B? assuming LeBron doesn't choose lakers either...we might be looking at another repeat last year. maybe worse...gasol likely leaves without another big star.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may well be a repeat of last year except, hopefully, we will have a talented and healthy Kobe playing and will get to watch a promising Randle make his debut.

I think the Lakers will improve 10-15 games, assuming the big "if" of no long term injuries.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more and more reports saying lakers aren't really in consideration...at this point id be shocked if he signs with lakers...so whats plan B? assuming LeBron doesn't choose lakers either...we might be looking at another repeat last year. maybe worse...gasol likely leaves without another big star.

Well according to yahoo sports, the Lakers have moved into serious contention with the Knicks, to sign Melo.

Y! SPORTS