• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant says he'd welcome Carmelo Anthony and Byron Scott to the Lakers

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,068.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen who the Los Angeles Lakers will land in free agency this summer. There's also that pesky question of who they'll hire to be their coach. Kobe Bryant provided a clear vision of how he would like to see the team filled out, however.

All that salary-cap space the Lakers lined up in anticipation of some of the league's brightest talents hitting the market? Start by bringing in Carmelo Anthony.

"I would love to play with him," Bryant said Wednesday at the start of his eighth annual youth basketball academy on the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara. "We've really clicked since 2008, and I would love to see him out here [in Los Angeles]."

As for who he would like to see roaming the sidelines next season? Look no further than Byron Scott.

"He was my rookie mentor when I first came into the league," Bryant said of Scott before endorsing the former Showtime-era Lakers great for the job. "So I had to do things like get his doughnuts and run errands for him and things like that. We've had a tremendously close relationship throughout the years. So, obviously I know him extremely well. He knows me extremely well. I've always been a fan of his."

Source: ESPN LA

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen who the Los Angeles Lakers will land in free agency this summer. There's also that pesky question of who they'll hire to be their coach. Kobe Bryant provided a clear vision of how he would like to see the team filled out, however.

All that salary-cap space the Lakers lined up in anticipation of some of the league's brightest talents hitting the market? Start by bringing in Carmelo Anthony.

"I would love to play with him," Bryant said Wednesday at the start of his eighth annual youth basketball academy on the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara. "We've really clicked since 2008, and I would love to see him out here [in Los Angeles]."

As for who he would like to see roaming the sidelines next season? Look no further than Byron Scott.

"He was my rookie mentor when I first came into the league," Bryant said of Scott before endorsing the former Showtime-era Lakers great for the job. "So I had to do things like get his doughnuts and run errands for him and things like that. We've had a tremendously close relationship throughout the years. So, obviously I know him extremely well. He knows me extremely well. I've always been a fan of his."

Source: ESPN LA

Byron Scott could make sense.... Melo is staying in New York. The Lakers signed Kobe because they knew his NBA swan song would attract fans for a couple of seasons. Get ready for the 2-year Kobe Bryant farewell tour as the Lakers will be awful. I would not be surprised if Kobe is traded in a complex three team deal sooner than later so he can go compete for one more title. I think Lakers management looks good in giving him a "thank you" contract and will look even better when they trade him to a potential contender to give him one more shot at a title.

The question is, will the Lakers and Kobe attract fans when the team is playing sub .500 ball? I think that can sustain for awhile but could wear thin in time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree lasportzphan. I have stated this earlier in the year that because Kobe doesn't want to be a component of any re-build, the FO and he will come to an agreement and he'll be gone.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new here, we all knew Kobe would be ok with Byron Scott being head coach.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,068.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Melo wants any chances at maybe 1 possibly 2 titles he needs to get out of new york asap. as big of a Knick fan I am. they are going nowhere anytime soon

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard on ESPN has stated that Anthony's two teams are the Bulls and the Knicks. The Lakers are pretty much out and since they accepted Lin from Houston, that is the evdience that confirms Anthony's choices.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "losing out" on Carmelo is a blessing in disguise for the Lakers. He's too temperamental, in my opinion, to be the team guy the Lakers need.

I like the trade for Lin, especially since the Lakers pick-up a 1st round draft choice as well. I like the re-signing of Jordan Hill and Nick Young, also. The Lakers can go to the mat after this coming season. They seem to be doing things the right way (which means Jim Buss must be bound and gagged, stuffed in a closet somewhere).