• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant starts six month training program

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,513.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant began an intense six-month training program with an early-morning workout Monday, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.

Bryant has been cleared for running and shooting as he returns from a broken bone in his left lateral tibial plateau that caused him to miss all but six games this season. He has been ramping up his activity level the last few weeks and was confident about pushing harder after receiving positive feedback during a consultation last week with the doctors in Germany who previously performed the platelet-rich plasma treatment known as Orthokine on his knees.

Bryant visited the doctors while he was in Europe on a short trip with his family last week, sources said.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Bryant left for that European trip a few days before the end of the Lakers' season.

"First of all, I did not know he was leaving town. Second of all, I think it's a bigger story to everybody here than it really is to us," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said of Bryant's trip at exit meetings on Friday. "We had a tough year. Kobe's had a really tough two years. He's had two career-threatening injuries. He's had to live through the season that we had to live through together. This is his 18th year in the NBA. Although I haven't spoken to him in the last day or two, I understand leaving town he is going to see his medical consultant in Europe. So, all things considered, to me, it's not that big of a deal."

Source: ESPN

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he wasn't kidding when he said expects to be back to normal. While it's doubtful given the injuries, if there's a player that I could see pulling it off, it's him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Lakers.com

Upon returning to Los Angeles from a family trip to Europe, Kobe Bryant took the practice court at the team's facility at 7 a.m. for a two-hour basketball work out on Monday morning. According to team spokesman John Black, Bryant has "no restrictions other than what his body would limit him to do." The 18-year veteran can shoot, run and jump to whatever extent he so chooses.

Bryant has now fully recovered from his initial injury, a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau of his left knee that occurred on Dec. 17 at Memphis when he hyperextended the knee. That came just six games into his return from a repair of his left Achilles tendon in the spring of 2013.

Bryant was initially given a timetable of six weeks, but his knee did not heal as quickly as had been hoped, and he was declared out for the season on March 12.

“With Kobe’s injury still not healed, the amount of time he’d need to rehab and be ready to play, and the amount of time remaining in the season, we’ve simply run out of time for him to return,” said Athletic Trainer Gary Vitti at the time. “However, Kobe will have the entire offseason to heal, rehab and prepare, and we look forward to him being 100% for the start of next season.”

Bryant went through his Monday morning work out with teammate Wesley Johnson, plus the aid of some of the team's staffers on the basketball side.

Hopefully he also started working on lighting that fire under Wes!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about all this is that his main injury from last season (Achilles ) was not the problem for him this season, it was his Knee that got hurt. So missing a lot of time this season actually gave that achilles more time to heal & get stronger, wich I believe it still needed. :10:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe will be fine. He knows he will only play another year or two. He will want to do everything he possibly can to end on a high note. There is not another player in the league who will work and train harder than he will over the next year.

None of us expect him to be the Kobe of old (i.e. best in the league); but he will come back and play very good basketball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about all this is that his main injury from last season (Achilles ) was not the problem for him this season, it was his Knee that got hurt. So missing a lot of time this season actually gave that achilles more time to heal & get stronger, wich I believe it still needed. :10:

Additionally, only playing 6 games this season gave some of those lingering injuries that he's been dealing with for years a chance to actually heal.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, only playing 6 games this season gave some of those lingering injuries that he's been dealing with for years a chance to actually heal.

He had his knees checked on with his German miracle worker. Said they were looking good. No injections this trip.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you guys saw that ESPN piece on Judy Seto. There as a funny bit about the 2012 Olympics. Judy was working with Kobe at the Olympics but Kobe wouldn't tell Pau that Judy was there. Kobe basically said screw you Pau, we aren't playing on same team here!