• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings staying in Sacramento impacts Mariners

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I would of picked up on this thread earlier. As far as the biggest a-hole I vote Schultz. A local rich guy who sold his city down the river. However David Stern is gaining on him rapidly, this douche bag has used and abused Seattle once to many. As for Bennett if he was doing for Seattle what he did for Oklahoma, he'd be a hero here. I always hate for stealing our team but Schulz and Stern far out rank him as villians go. The one thing I'll point out that it was a major conflict of interest for him (Bennett) to be head of the relocation committee, seeing how he had a chunk of money to lose if the sale of the Kings went thru.

What I really wish is for Hansen and Ballmer to take the NBA to court. I really think they could win .

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I'll point out that it was a major conflict of interest for him (Bennett) to be head of the relocation committee, seeing how he had a chunk of money to lose if the sale of the Kings went thru.

What I really wish is for Hansen and Ballmer to take the NBA to court. I really think they could win .

Your completely right about the conflict of interest piece like I also suggested earlier aswell. I also thought that no owner should be allowed in the relocation committee for political reasons, some owner may not like the maloof family and would deny their relocation and huge pay day from seattle just to be spiteful.

Hansen and Ballmer could take the NBA to court but like i also said earlier if you come off as an out of control maverick taking people to court, being vocal to the media and just being a pain, remember being an owner in a sports league is a club and acting like that will never get you a team because as we can all see EVERYTHING is a freakin vote....and its a vote by the owners.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hansen's group doesn't have a case though if they go to court. All the "binding" agreements were made with the Maloof's and bylaws state any majority share change must be voted upon. The Maloof's would've had a good case but think they just ran out of gas.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hansen's group doesn't have a case though if they go to court. All the "binding" agreements were made with the Maloof's and bylaws state any majority share change must be voted upon. The Maloof's would've had a good case but think they just ran out of gas.

The $20 million that Hansen's group put down, back in February or whenever it was, was recently offered to be returned by Sacramento's new owners. Hansen told them to keep it. Why would he do that? Sure, he's ridiculously rich, but still: $20 million ain't chump change. Bill Gates wouldn't even call it chump change.

Hansen has something up his sleeve.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $20 million that Hansen's group put down, back in February or whenever it was, was recently offered to be returned by Sacramento's new owners. Hansen told them to keep it. Why would he do that? Sure, he's ridiculously rich, but still: $20 million ain't chump change. Bill Gates wouldn't even call it chump change.

Hansen has something up his sleeve.

Only thing I could think of is that it would be a backdoor deposit towards an expansion team or something. It makes zero logical sense to outbid someone, lose out of that bid but just give them money.

Why can't he just like fricking baseball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I could think of is that it would be a backdoor deposit towards an expansion team or something. It makes zero logical sense to outbid someone, lose out of that bid but just give them money.

Why can't he just like fricking baseball.

There's always Mark Cuban. Would love to see him buy the Mariners. Probably my favorite non-Seattle sports owner.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always Mark Cuban. Would love to see him buy the Mariners. Probably my favorite non-Seattle sports owner.

Would love it, but MLB baseball has shown they don't want him. He outbid the Cubs and the Rangers. I love the thought with his passion for winning, but if you take a step back, he would have to spend boat loads of money bringing in baseball guys. Obviously can't keep anyone in place now except the international scouting department and the PR team. The developmental group blows, the national scouting department blows. Can't focus entirely on the big club like Gillick and Bavasi.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love it, but MLB baseball has shown they don't want him. He outbid the Cubs and the Rangers. I love the thought with his passion for winning, but if you take a step back, he would have to spend boat loads of money bringing in baseball guys. Obviously can't keep anyone in place now except the international scouting department and the PR team. The developmental group blows, the national scouting department blows. Can't focus entirely on the big club like Gillick and Bavasi.

I don't understand why Major League Baseball didn't want him as an owner. I would imagine they would encourage such a thing.

I just pray that whoever buys the team kicks Dave Sims out of the booth. I would seriously be willing to pay off the remainder of his contract just to get rid of him! He makes watching the games on T.V. unbearable.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why Major League Baseball didn't want him as an owner. I would imagine they would encourage such a thing.

I just pray that whoever buys the team kicks Dave Sims out of the booth. I would seriously be willing to pay off the remainder of his contract just to get rid of him! He makes watching the games on T.V. unbearable.

They didnt want him as an owner because they didnt want him throwing his hundreds of millions of dollars around signing free agents. If your an owner trying to get your team to compete and you have a george steinbrenner type owner buying all these top end free agents off the market its going to tough for you.

secondly if he is giving these high contracts to even his own guys thats only going to dive up the market for your players too. If mark cuban over pays for a Pitcher then thats a bargaining chip for players to demand more money out of you when his contract is up. so pretty much its a "that guy got that much money and Im better than him so I want even more money from you" type of thing.

Mark Cuban was set to buy the LA Dodgers could you imagine the powerhouse that franchise would with a market like LA and an owner thats filthy rich throwing cash all over the place??

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't help much that we were outdone by the new arena deal that keeps the NHL Coyotes in Phoenix/Glendale/AZ, either. That decision was made last night.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't help much that we were outdone by the new arena deal that keeps the NHL Coyotes in Phoenix/Glendale/AZ, either. That decision was made last night.

Yes, a city that is already bankrupt. Makes no sense at all.