• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin White Shin Surgery

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... I know for a fact, that no one has said he's out for the season. You said his; "his season is over". They have placed him on the PUP list, which opens him up for a return after week 11. No one has ruled him out for the year.

Yes. Because the Bears are so forthcoming with injury info. We shall see, I guess huh? Also, considering he was the 7th pick overall, a projected starter, and a decent choice for potential rookie of the year, I'd say what's going on is pretty fucking close to his season being over. Certainly, may as well be, considering the expectations. But ya, I said it's over, you took it as literal gospel, and now yer just being a dumb fucking blowhard about it.

You win. He MAY see the field for a couple of meaningless games. Good job richig. You really showed me.

derp derp derp

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Because the Bears are so forthcoming with injury info. We shall see, I guess huh? Also, considering he was the 7th pick overall, a projected starter, and a decent choice for potential rookie of the year, I'd say what's going on is pretty fucking close to his season being over. Certainly, may as well be, considering the expectations. But ya, I said it's over, you took it as literal gospel, and now yer just being a dumb fucking blowhard about it.

You win. He MAY see the field for a couple of meaningless games. Good job richig. You really showed me.

derp derp derp

WE look at the impact Marquis Wilson had on this team last year, how could you not want KWhite out there for 4 games in the snow? :dhd:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting snow in Tampa are we?

Not in the silverdome either, do I really have to explain allowing a speed guy more than adequate time to heal his legs or do you want to consult your internet doctor?

C

cubzzzfanincali

hey, I am in favor of resting him until he's fully healed. If that means next year, then that means next year.

And, my friend, you can make fun of the internet all you want, but for all your derision, it's still better than whatever "doctor" jackass who told you shin splints and plantar fasciitis are the same thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White was not gonna help us much this year anyway. He is the future. He now will have time to grow as he is so very raw. And Wilson will get his big shot now. I hope White can get a few games in at the end of this year as that would help him next year. We have so many options to throw too, it really will not hurt us not having him right away. I hated this pick from day one. I think he is gonna be great but we did not need another receiving target when we have so many defensive needs.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White was not gonna help us much this year anyway. He is the future. He now will have time to grow as he is so very raw. And Wilson will get his big shot now. I hope White can get a few games in at the end of this year as that would help him next year. We have so many options to throw too, it really will not hurt us not having him right away. I hated this pick from day one. I think he is gonna be great but we did not need another receiving target when we have so many defensive needs.

1st bold: I am calling bull. 7th overall pic, arguably the best WR of the draft. He was a projected day one starter as the No. 2 WR. He would've helped tremendously.

2nd bold: Calling BS again. We have an injured Jeffrey, to which we have no idea how severe or how long he'll be out. It is still somewhat unknown how he'll be without another dominant big guy on the other side (B. Marsh) We have Wilson, who has yet to make it thru a preseason. And we have Royal, the only proven vet that's been durable.

Right now, our best receivers are our Tight End and our Running Back.

C

cubzzzfanincali

This may be hair-splitting, but history is more in Noon's corner on this one. Mostly. First year WRs don't tend to have major seasons. The only problem with this argument is 2014, in which 4 rookies cracked the top 25 (Beckham Jr, Benjamin, Evans, Watkins). 2014 was a very unusual year in this respect...does this reflect a change, maybe due to the league's super WR-friendly rules we now have? Or was 2014 just that exceptional of a WR draft class? We will see.

I would have expected White to go for something like 40-50 catches and 600-700 yards. That would have been pretty good, I'm not sure that quite makes it to "tremendously", but it isn't nothing either. I think the main thing is it will slow his development down for the future, which for most top WRs occurs somewhere between their 2nd and 4th seasons.

I haven't heard that Jeffery is in that bad shape that I would degrade him as a lower receiving option than Bennett and Forte. I also will be surprised if Royal and/or Wilson (obviously, he is an unknown as of now) to not exceed Forte this year. Remember, Forte was targeted an insane number of times last year, and many of those were not designed passes to him, but rather Cutler's erroneous and infuriating habit of ignoring open downfield receivers to instead dump it to Forte. I will be stunned if if is not among Gase's most obvious priorities is to get it to check down to Forte less. Yes...I know they want to cut down on the INTs, but the solution is not to chop the offense off at the knees, which just allowed defenses to tighten up their coverage. It is to read the field better. I'd hope that, if nothing else, Gase can help Cutler do at least that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st bold: I am calling bull. 7th overall pic, arguably the best WR of the draft. He was a projected day one starter as the No. 2 WR. He would've helped tremendously. ( define tremendously, I expected 40 to 50 receptions 600 yds 5 TDs for the year. )

2nd bold: Calling BS again. We have an injured Jeffrey, to which we have no idea how severe or how long he'll be out. It is still somewhat unknown how he'll be without another dominant big guy on the other side (B. Marsh) We have Wilson, who has yet to make it thru a preseason. And we have Royal, the only proven vet that's been durable.

Right now, our best receivers are our Tight End and our Running Back.
We have AJ MW Royal Bennet MF so that is plenty of options in the passing game, and a run first coach. If there is any position we could afford to lose a starter at it was WR. For me White is raw and would not be NFL ready, to be a starter right away. It's all opinions. I'm not the least bit worried about the offense outside of Cutler.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, I am in favor of resting him until he's fully healed. If that means next year, then that means next year.

And, my friend, you can make fun of the internet all you want, but for all your derision, it's still better than whatever "doctor" jackass who told you shin splints and plantar fasciitis are the same thing.

Can you at least agree to the point that shin splints and stress fractures are not the same thing and this was not even diagnosed correctly? I said shin splints and plantar fasciitis come from the same problem, heel spurs. When they say proper footwear in your internet mind trust, its supporting the arch so the pressure is not always on the heel

C

cubzzzfanincali

Can you at least agree to the point that shin splints and stress fractures are not the same thing and this was not even diagnosed correctly? I said shin splints and plantar fasciitis come from the same problem, heel spurs. When they say proper footwear in your internet mind trust, its supporting the arch so the pressure is not always on the heel

Can we agree, well, yes and no. Neither issue is caused by spurs. As for whether shin splints and stress fractures are different, the answer is "it depends." Shin splints are pain caused by poorly aligned muscle strength between front and back of the lower leg, in effect some muscles are having to overcompensate for their inadequate size in maintaining leg balance and motion. One possible cause of why this can occur is if the lower leg bones have fractures. Fractures are not the only thing that can cause shin splints, but they are one cause.

And this sounds like the issue in Kevin White's case. It sounds like White had microfractures, they expressed themselves symptomically as shin splints because the muscles were trying to compensate for the fractures. The Bears either misdiagnosed the problem as just shin splints (which, again, may in some cases have nothing to do with fractures), or they knew about the fractures but thought they would heal on their own. Which, clearly, did not happen.

C

cubzzzfanincali

No way White does not start if he is healthy.

Well, I would assume this to be true, unless...

OK, I know this is extremely hypothetical, but let's pretend for a second that Wilson has developed into a strong receiving option and the Bears offense is performing well. Let's now pretend that White comes off the PUP and is available around Week 13. Do you start him then?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a healthy Kevin White isn't good enough to start on this team, then we made a tremendous mistake drafting him considering the talent on the board and the potential to trade down.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, I know this is extremely hypothetical, but let's pretend for a second that Wilson has developed into a strong receiving option and the Bears offense is performing well. Let's now pretend that White comes off the PUP and is available around Week 13. Do you start him then?

I meant BEFORE the injury. Whole different scenario now, and your scenario in particular would be contingent on a number of factors, record being the obvious.

Assuming we were in the race in this hypothetical, I would definitely start easing him in, with at least, SOME reps.

Dude's getting a metal rod placed in his shin. There is a strong possibility they shelve him til' next year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a healthy Kevin White isn't good enough to start on this team, then we made a tremendous mistake drafting him considering the talent on the board and the potential to trade down.

^^^THIS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll no not a chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, you draft for the future not the present.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way White does not start if he is healthy.
I think the best 3 will start and White may not be in the top 3. Now he is a stud and will be great but it will take time. Fox is not big on starting rookie's and that is a good thing. Jerry Rice did not start his rookie year and most of the best players at all positions did not start their rookie years. I just want him to get some playing time this year.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best 3 will start and White may not be in the top 3. Now he is a stud and will be great but it will take time. Fox is not big on starting rookie's and that is a good thing. Jerry Rice did not start his rookie year and most of the best players at all positions did not start their rookie years. I just want him to get some playing time this year.
For what its worth Jerry Rice started 4 games his rookie campaign