• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin White Shin Surgery

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White will miss at least six weeks, and is likely to miss much more.

Any thoughts on this? I don't want to be overly negative, but I thought White was a bad pick. His camp performance and now this doesn't have me feeling very good. I thought after the crap we had to go through last year, at least we would improve. Instead we went from the best Bears WR ever to a guy who won't see the field.

I hope I am wrong, but it certainly doesn't leave me with a good impression of Pace.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they were looking on the internet doctor sites like cubzzzfanincali suggested before seeing a real doctor about it. Now he should probably be out for the season. The way Marquis Wilson came back in the later half last year and did not do much should probably be a prediction of what White would be doing.

I think this was clearly BPA-itis. Everyone knew we needed an end or big nose tackle but they could not pass on this guy.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out indefinitely.

Rookie season; Over.

Unreal.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn I am almost starting to feel sorry for you Bear fans this sucks

I just saw an article earlier today where White was saying he was ready to go and was hoping he would be given clearance to play as soon as possible

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just so happened to pick him with my 5th pick last night...... bah!!!!!

And I really had high hopes for him too.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, guise. Hate to see a career get started this way.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's terrible to see happen and super disappointing given his potential talent. Along with the fact he's our first round pick. AKA… a very big investment.

However, the difference between this team competing and winning 5-6 games isn't the wide receivers. The group is still very much above average. I doubt he's out for the entire season. If the team is somewhat competitive, I'll bet he'll be ready to go for the final month.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His season is not over.

I thought I seen last night there is a possibility he's done for the year.......FAK!!!!!

I had very high hopes for him and our offense...... This just blows.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears brass kind of fucked the pooch on White's injury. They've known for a month. Might've actually had a shot at the season, had they done the surgery then. One thing is certain, this regime will give us no truth when it comes to injuries, which leads to Alshon Jeffrey. Hope his calf-injury isn't too serious. I know those can be nagging-type injuries.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Jeffery sits the season out too we will be able to get a much better draft pick next year, which could get us a franchise QB.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard all this doom and gloom crap on The Score yesterday from Ultimate Bears hater Steve Rosenbloom as I was driving home...
1. This was NOT a pre-existing injury before the draft.
2. The Bears did EXACTLY what you are supposed to do for shin-splints. Rest, work back gradually. If pain continues to returns check for stress fracture. Shin splints COULD be a precursor to stress fracture.
3. This is NOT some type of conspiracy to fool anyone. (NFL teams are NOT required to disclose injuries during camp)
4. The Bears are being SMART. Why rush a guy back who isn't healthy? How did that work for B.Marsh last year?
5. It sucks- but it's not the end of the world. I still love the pick and hope K.White can come back with a great career. Hopefully this surgery does the trick- they say 6 weeks... from today (or surgery date) we still have 3 more weeks until the season even STARTS. He'll have 9 weeks to heal and be ready to come off the PUP list.
DON'T panic. I'd rather they take care of it, let it heal and have him ready for years to come... then try the week-to-week crap with minimal practice in his rookie year.

Honestly- With our tough opening schedule- is a Rookie WR really going to make the difference?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some info- for the sky is falling crowd.
What is a stress fracture?

A stress fracture is a small crack in the bone that occurs when the muscles that support the bone become fatigued and can no longer absorb the shock of an activity. It is a common injury among long distance runners and athletes who quickly escalate the intensity of their exercise. Stress fractures can occur in any bone but it most commonly affects the foot (metatarsal) or shin (tibia) bones.

Unlike injuries to soft tissue, stress fractures are not associated with swelling or redness on the skin overlying the area of pain. Stress fracture pain may appear gradually or quite suddenly. You may feel a nagging pain as you walk or run. The area will also hurt if you press on it from above or below with your finger. Stress fractures usually heal by themselves, but a physician should evaluate any lingering pain.

It may take six to eight weeks for a stress fracture to heal, and during that time you should refrain from exercise that stresses the leg or foot. Swimming is a good alternative. For relief from pain, apply ice packs and take NSAIDs.

You should gradually introduce high-impact exercise back into your routine. Good supportive footwear and shoe inserts that absorb shock may help avoid future stress fractures.

Dr. Robert Teasdall is an orthopaedic surgeon with specialties including Sports Medicine, Sports Injury, Foot and Ankle Surgery and Rehabilitation.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Relax people.This isn't the kind of injury that could end his career. Yes, it will slow his development down, and that's unfortunate, but from what I've heard he should fully heal and over time be fine. This team still isn't a Super Bowl team this year anyway, so I'm not sure why it matters on that front either.

C

cubzzzfanincali

ah who am I kidding? This sucks. Watching him on offense was one of the things I was looking forward to this year.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been reports that this actually happened at the combine and it came up in the mini camp. It has been misdiagnosed for months.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that about as much as I know it's over.

No... I know for a fact, that no one has said he's out for the season. You said his; "his season is over". They have placed him on the PUP list, which opens him up for a return after week 11. No one has ruled him out for the year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... I know for a fact, that no one has said he's out for the season. You said his; "his season is over". They have placed him on the PUP list, which opens him up for a return after week 11. No one has ruled him out for the year.
I thought he could return after Week 6? No?