• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keurig sucks!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive had my keurig for over 2 years, no problems......reliable.quick.......no complaints, bought it for 60 bucks on a discount day......supposed to be like $120.......good investment for us

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Keurig, but I've never used the Kcups. I use the resuseable filter and get fresh coffee beans ground instead for it. Much better.

Absolutely....if you buy K cups you will be paying 50 cents or more for a cup of home brewed coffee. Grinding my own beans using bulk whole beans is not only much, much cheaper, but far better tasting.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely,

after trying many of the DIY filters for the k-cup, the My K-cup one is the best. Go to bed bath and beyond or online, and order the replacement filter baskets, they are BIGGGER than the one that comes with the My K-cup, you can fit a lot more coffee in there, and it makes it a stronger cup,

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get Keurig, at all.

Its a fad and you overpay for it. Someone please convince me why I should buy one. Give details.

I buy bulk colombian and arabica beans from Costco and grind them for the Mr. Coffee maker.

Do you ever throw coffee away? Do you ever forget to turn the pot off and burn the coffee in the decanter?

Hell, I will pay extra just to hear that diaharrea sound when its squirting the last of the hot water thru the cup. Its a diet aid.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy the cheapest fucking coffee maker there is. I buy good beans and grind daily, and however many cups I'll be drinking that day, is how many fucking cups I make!?

Then, when the piece of fucking shit craps out a year later, it doesn't pain my heart, to throw the fucking thing away and go by another cheap-ass coffee-maker.

Rinse, Lather Repeat.

The whole difference in the best cup of coffee is the temperature that cheap ass coffee maker makes the water. McDonalds does not make the hottest cup of coffee for no reason, they get more from a lesser amount of beans.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole difference in the best cup of coffee is the temperature that cheap ass coffee maker makes the water. McDonalds does not make the hottest cup of coffee for no reason, they get more from a lesser amount of beans.

Yeah, they got their asses sued for hot hot coffee...go figure.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya and too hot burns the brew, hotter not always better

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my ownership of GMCR stock would prefer you only used K-Cups

sold my GMCR up 160%.

Never thought I'd regret selling a stock up 160%.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a fad and you overpay for it. Someone please convince me why I should buy one. Give details.

I buy bulk colombian and arabica beans from Costco and grind them for the Mr. Coffee maker.

You don't overpay for anything. I don't know why you are bitching about cost. :pound:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This frightens me a bit, but pretty much this^^^ exactly

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy the cheapest fucking coffee maker there is. I buy good beans and grind daily, and however many cups I'll be drinking that day, is how many fucking cups I make!?

Then, when the piece of fucking shit craps out a year later, it doesn't pain my heart, to throw the fucking thing away and go by another cheap-ass coffee-maker.

Rinse, Lather Repeat.

I used to have a Keurig and only got it because I got a good deal on it ($60) and I ended up giving it to my grandma. I just use a french press now and it's pretty quick and easy. You don't have to worry about any electronics failing and it can be taken camping and stuff if you have the room (but that is because I have a smaller one that holds about 2 cups or enough to fill up slightly more than a travel mug).

If I were to spend a lot of money on a coffee machine, I'd want an espresso machine. I'm slightly addicted to cappuccinos but a decent machine is so damn expensive.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have a Keurig and only got it because I got a good deal on it ($60) and I ended up giving it to my grandma. I just use a french press now and it's pretty quick and easy. You don't have to worry about any electronics failing and it can be taken camping and stuff if you have the room (but that is because I have a smaller one that holds about 2 cups or enough to fill up slightly more than a travel mug).

If I were to spend a lot of money on a coffee machine, I'd want an espresso machine. I'm slightly addicted to cappuccinos but a decent machine is so damn expensive.

And tedious. Too much fucking work man. I'll just go with my shitty coffeemaker and then once in a moon just go buy a fancy mocha er' something from whatever local shit is nearby.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My time is worth more than the savings I'd have from scooping and filtering my own coffee, waiting for it to heat up and fill the carafe. open it up, pop a cartridge in, walk in and gather my things for work, come back 15 seconds later and grab the cup, in the car, off to work.

Come downstairs and out the door in under a minute.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work from home.

Haven't left the house since Monday. :laugh:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My time is worth more than the savings I'd have from scooping and filtering my own coffee, waiting for it to heat up and fill the carafe. open it up, pop a cartridge in, walk in and gather my things for work, come back 15 seconds later and grab the cup, in the car, off to work.

Come downstairs and out the door in under a minute.

Take less time posting on SportsHoopla and grind your own high quality beans, let them brew in an optimal manner. Sit back, savor and enjoy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I thought all this thought on coffee only happened in Seattle. I tend to be cheap myself when it comes to coffee. I drink it for the caffeine buzz.