• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings Post combine pre free agency plan....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I would do if I were Chip.

Our own Free agents

Jeremy Maclin
- I would resign Maclin at about 9.5 million per season. Stays
Brandon Graham
- I like Graham but he really is better suited as a 4-3 DE I think he walks
Mark Sanchez -
The problem with Sanchez is the inability to throw a deep ball. I would look at other options. He Walks
Bradley Fletcher -
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! Gone!
Nate Allen -
I have seen enough..Gone
Casey Matthews -
I just think this guy sucks...Gone!
Brad Smith -
We can do much better....Gone

Cuts
I would release the following players simply because I either think they suck, or make far to much money for their production.
Understand certain guys you save a whole lot more in cap space by waiting until June 1.

We know Todd Heremans was cut saving us 2.8 Million and James Casey cut saved us 4 million in cap

Riley Cooper - I think this guy blows, if we cut him after June 1 we save 3.8 million in cap space
Lesean Mccoy - Naturally first I am trying to trade him for whatever I can get. But if I can save 9.25 million in cap space by cutting him after june 1 sorry I have to do it. I have made my feelings known about Mccoy, and you all know where I stand.
Trent Cole - He gets cut now....that is 8.4 million in cap savings.
Cary Williams - He gets cut now... That is 6.5 million in cap savings

Free Agent Signings
I am going after numerous free agents, but only 2 are going to cost us quite a bit of money.

Top Tier of Free agents

1. Byron Maxwell CB - Yeah, I'm throwing some money at this cat, a press corner that has shown time and time again he doesn't need his Seahawks teammates to lock down a WR. The money that I am saving on Cooper and Williams combined gets this cat signed. Approx 10 mill cap hit

2. Jason Worilds OLB - I wanted Worilds when he was coming out in the draft a few years back, I absolutely would throw the money at him that Brandon Graham wanted, simply because he is a better fit in a 3-4 than Graham. Approx 10 million cap hit (The money you saved with the Trent Cole cut pays for this one)

2nd Tier Free Agents

Orlando Franklin G/T - Again, Denver is screwed, they won't be able to sign Franklin, He would seriously upgrade us at right guard. Approx 6 million cap hit

Rahim Moore Safety - Yeah at 25 years old and his ability I'd most definitely sign him. Moore is not a break the bank Safety, but he is a solid football player with many years ahead of him. Denver is Fucked, they can't resign him. Approx 4 million cap hit

Davon House/Tramon Williams CB
- Green Bay has a tough decision to make on these two guys. House has never been a full time starter yet has shown flashes of Talent, and Williams is a damn good starter however he is 32 years old. Either way i am signing one of these two that GB does not. House would be the young CB we need and he would be cheap, very cheap, and Williams would be the stop gap veteran we would need should we draft one. So I would get one of these guys. Approx 3 million cap hit

3rd Tier Free agents

Mason Foster ILB - Another young player that is better than what we have. He would at the very least add solid depth to our LB core. I like Foster a lot, and think he could be a steal. Approx 1.5 million cap hit

Jake Locker QB - has the athletic ability and the arm to run Chips offense as a backup. Upgrade over Sanchez. Approx 1.5 miilion cap hit

The Draft
I go with my original thought of the titans make a perfect trade partner....Eagles get pick #2....Titans get #20 in rd 1 a 2nd(Nick Foles) another 2nd (Vinny Curry) Bills 4th and 2016 #1

Round 1 Marcus Mariota QB Oregon - Chip gets his guy
Round 2 Tevin Coleman RB Indiana - The Violent kind of runner we need with speed
Round 3 Tyler Lockett WR K-State - A Speedy WR with good hands and sudden burst
Round 4 Josh Shaw CB/S USC - A well built Cb/Safety prospect that has a nose for the football
Round 5 Titus Davis WR Central Michigan - A good sized WR with decent speed and RAC ability
Round 6 Lynden Trail OLB/TE Norfolk St - Explosive pass rusher, and red zone TE with huge upside
Round 7 Max Garcia C/G Florida - As solid center/guard that could give us solid depth

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be hard not to be excited about going into next season after this...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings ....are you out of your mind???? This plan sucks!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Only kidding! Great work, and I wholeheartedly approve. I don't mind giving Maxwell $10M/year, but only if we can cut him without a major cap hit after 2 years if he's a bust. It is a risk cutting Shady, and Iwould hate it if he signed with a NFC East competitor. If we have a hard time trading him with his salary, maybe we work a deal with another team to take one of their guys they want to trade, and then dump him, ala Sam Hinkie, if you get my drift..And, we have to sign all of the tier 1 and 2 free agents.
Why didn't you get the personnel job with Chip? I put your name in. You're a certified football genius. Yeah, right!! :lol:

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it but I think it's impossible that we only end up with one Oregon player.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad plan. If Chip truly believes Mariotta is the guy and we only give up 2 1st's then I'm OK. The problem is signing so many FA's is tough and reminds me too much of the supposed Dream Team year.
For what it's worth I don't want another midget WR so Lockett is out and I would want a decent return for McCoy. Personally I feel McCoy could be packaged with Foles etc making it a more enticing deal.
For the record, I am fine with Foles as the starting QB but willing to embrace Mariotta.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In free agency that is pretty much exactly what I'd do. Not sure about the draft thought. Since we whiffed last year when good CBs fell right in our lap, I'd rather trade up for Waynes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some reports this morning that New England may not tag safety Devin McCourty, and may not have a deal in place with him before free agency starts. If he hits the open market, he needs to be our primary target.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Followed everything till the trade. I just dont think its enough to get to number 2. Basically you trading two first round picks one is at 20 who knows where next year will be but if I am Tennessee and I see you that aggressive in free agency you have to assume the 2016 first will be in the 20`s. Now Curry and Foles absolutely would be two players who could interest them. The 4th is noise.

Flip the script, when we were drafting 4th two years ago would we have accepted a deal like this? No way, and Wings would have been leading the pack down board street with Pitch forks.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we sign the FA as listed by OP. If Foles gets traded, we should resign Sanchez and go after MM if that is in Chip's plans. I go back and forth on the idea of trading Foles. Personally, I'd give him this season with us and build youth on the OL. Sign Franklin and sign FA's for the secondary. McCoy isn't going anywhere, at least it appears at this time.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Provided the trade up isn't a future killer. I still have some lingering doubts about Mariotta, and if he busts, it'll take a long time to recover.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any interest in Revis or too rich with too many holes to fill.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear are some names that should hit FA that the Eagles will/should look at. Maxwell, Worilds, McCourty ( Pats safety), T Williams( GB CB), and a few others. On another note ( not a need for us), but I would be interested in Suh now that Detroit is letting him hit FA. Shit, can you imagine Suh and Cox on that line?

Tampabirdsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great plan. I'd do that trade, no question, but don't know that it will be enough to move up to #2. Maybe #5 or 6. To get to 2 we'd probably have to throw in a pick in 2017 (2nd?). If they still wanted more, Boykin could be added in also. He won't be back in 2016 anyway. Only other complaint I'd have is you didn't really add much to the oline in the draft. Maybe if we could keep that 4th or use the 5th on a G to groom as a future replacement for Mathis

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Followed everything till the trade. I just dont think its enough to get to number 2. Basically you trading two first round picks one is at 20 who knows where next year will be but if I am Tennessee and I see you that aggressive in free agency you have to assume the 2016 first will be in the 20`s. Now Curry and Foles absolutely would be two players who could interest them. The 4th is noise.

Flip the script, when we were drafting 4th two years ago would we have accepted a deal like this? No way, and Wings would have been leading the pack down board street with Pitch forks.
How so? Even the Titans fans in that thread I started feel this is an excellent trade for us and them.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh just ain't gonna happen. Chip isn't interested in head cases (apparently).

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Even the Titans fans in that thread I started feel this is an excellent trade for us and them.[/]

Its just not enough. The problem is there is no trade to compare this to. There has never been a deal from 20 to 2. Plus the fact is Tennesee is going to hold the Eagles over hthe barrel. I just dont see it happening unless we severly overpay.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Provided the trade up isn't a future killer. I still have some lingering doubts about Mariotta, and if he busts, it'll take a long time to recover.
A double digit sack guy, a starting NFL that has 1 pro bowl under his belt and 2 first Rd picks and a 4th Rd pick isn't enough??? Stop it!!! It's enough... Now perhaps the Titans don't want Foles or Curry that is a different story, but why wouldn't they?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little extreme, but some good moves here. A couple of comments..

1. I don't think you get to #2 with that offer, but I don't think you need to. That offer could get you to 9 or 10 and I think there is a good chance Mariota is still there at that point.

2. Jake Locker blows. Don't sleep on Barkley. Good chance he is viewed as ready for the #2 job.

3. Not totally on board with cutting McCoy, Smith, Cooper or Williams. While they may be overpaid, they are competent *(somewhat). Would you really rather have House starting at CB over Williams? You cut these guys only after you find a suitable replacement. For McCoy, it may be Ingram or Blount. For Williams, I want a rookie to challenge him for his job. I will wait for Cooper to lose his job to the guys they drafted last year before cutting him. And why Brad Smith? Great special teams buy who is not overpaid.

4. I am ambivalent on signing a Free Agent Safety. This is one position where I think a competition between Carroll, Watkins, Reynolds and Wolf could result in a good starter.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A double digit sack guy, a starting NFL that has 1 pro bowl under his belt and 2 first Rd picks and a 4th Rd pick isn't enough??? Stop it!!! It's enough... Now perhaps the Titans don't want Foles or Curry that is a different story, but why wouldn't they?

Considering both Foles and Curry are both free agents after next year, yep not enough.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody wants the same in FA.

I keep Foles and my draft picks. Trade down from 20 to around 26 and get an extra 3rd.

Draft:

1. Kendricks ILB. UCLA
2. Funchess WR. Michigan
3. Byron Jones CB UConn
3. Philip Dorsett WR Mia
4. Austin Sheppard OT Alabama