• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. You know that isn't true. The Celtics or Sixers may not be willing to give up AS MUCH without feeling confident they can resign Kawhi but they absolutely will make serious offers for him. Both the Sixers and Celtics can make serious offers that are competitive without gutting their teams.

The assumption that the Lakers will offer more than the Sixers or Celtics is just an assumption.

Fultz, Covington, Zhaire Smith, and the Miami pick is as good or better than any deal that the Lakers would offer. Jaylen Brown, the Sacto Pick, and Terry Rozier is as well.

Both of those teams will see Kawhi as the gateway to to the NBA finals. And both of those teams are likely to believe that they can convince Kawhi that staying is better than changing teams again. Especially when they can offer more money to Kawhi that the Lakers can.

Fultz is getting you anything, while he is young he has proven absolutely nothing. 76ers can add 2018 picks, Covington and future picks but it wouldn’t be better than the Lakers offer or C’s offer

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when they can offer more money to Kawhi that the Lakers can.

Leonard's a strange bird for a professional athlete, he doesn't seem to be all that infatuated with the $. He drives a 19 year oid car. How many athletes can you say that about? He can afford any car he wants and he drives a hoopty/beater.

There are people on tHoop that drive a way better car but he sticks with an oldy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz is getting you anything, while he is young he has proven absolutely nothing. 76ers can add 2018 picks, Covington and future picks but it wouldn’t be better than the Lakers offer or C’s offer

We're not supposed to agree....:pound:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there lies the rub.....no EC team will offer up a lot of assets knowing he may in fact walk to the Lakers next summer....for basically a rental.

Eventually, the Spurs will play ball.....unless they want to risk losing him for NOTHING. And if it happens around the trade deadline they'll get a lot less than they would this summer.

Unless, they think they can fix it but Leonard has told Pop face to face he wants out. It'd be kind of funny (and dick-ish to be totally honest) if Leonard didn't report to camp and demajnded a trade before he suited up.

Were you there in the room with them?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard's a strange bird for a professional athlete, he doesn't seem to be all that infatuated with the $. He drives a 19 year oid car. How many athletes can you say that about? He can afford any car he wants and he drives a hoopty/beater.

There are people on tHoop that drive a way better car but he sticks with an oldy.

1997 Chevy Tahoe nicknamed Gas Guzzler.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leonard may not be one that spends his money for a lavish style. But it doesn't mean he doesn't value money and what it could bring in terms of security for he and his family. He's going to want his max deal wherever he goes because that's what the market dictates for his skillset.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not (still trying to get in but there's a restraining order) but where there's smoke.....there is fire.

Nate Robinson: Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

WATCH: ESPN's Stephen A. Smith claims Kawhi Leonard told Popovich he wants out

That link you posted on Stephen A. Smith is why I don't believe it. I have no doubts that Kawhi likely wants out of San Antonio. But Kawhi's an introvert, I seriously doubt he looked Pop in the face and told him he wants out in the manner that Smith portrayed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I will say the Sixers do have that 2021 1st rounder, which could be key bc that could be the first year one-and-done’s could be done with.

The Sixers still have assets I just don’t think Fultz’s value is that high, they could propose something like this:
Fultz, Zhaire Smith, Covington, TLC, Anderson, 2019 1st, 2021 1st from PHX. I would ask for Saric too

That is still a lot of value even though I think Fultz has not proved himself

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I will say the Sixers do have that 2021 1st rounder, which could be key bc that could be the first year one-and-done’s could be done with.

The Sixers still have assets I just don’t think Fultz’s value is that high, they could propose something like this:
Fultz, Zhaire Smith, Covington, TLC, Anderson, 2019 1st, 2021 1st from PHX

That is still a lot of value even though I think Fultz has not proved himself

Fultz is heading towards bust territory given that there was criticism of him heading out of college.

But to say he's a definitive bust after year 1 is a bit premature.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That link you posted on Stephen A. Smith is why I don't believe it. I have no doubts that Kawhi likely wants out of San Antonio. But Kawhi's an introvert, I seriously doubt he looked Pop in the face and told him he wants out in the manner that Smith portrayed.

Stephen A. is loud and bombastic, that's his style and that's how he's going to report what he sees/hears/thinks.

Kawhi likely didn't tell Pop he wants out the way Stephen A. reported it...but that doesn't mean he didn't tell him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A. is loud and bombastic, that's his style and that's how he's going to report what he sees/hears/thinks.

Kawhi likely didn't tell Pop he wants out the way Stephen A. reported it...but that doesn't mean he didn't tell him.

All the duct tape in the country couldn't shut that loudmouth up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing is if the Sixers did pull off a trade for Kawhi and Lebron decides he wants to join him, he could and I guarantee JJ would do like a 1 yr $5M for a player option the next year. They could fit all them under the cap depending on who they trade and shedding the Bayless contract.

Lebron
Reddick
Kawhi
Simmons
Embiid

Not much a bench but they could sign guys and players would take less to play with the team

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz is a bust (the Sixers were trying to trade him on draft night and coudn't find a taker) IMO. Didn't like him coming out of college and he was banged up in his rookie seaso. When he was healthy, Brown didn't trust to play him in the postseason. You don't think people took notice of that?

Fultz is a bust, huh? Good to know.

Covington is going to be 28 and entering his 6th season. He is what he is, a nice player off the bench (12.7ppg) but not a starter in this League. Below average shooter (39.9%) and decent rebounder (5.5rpg).

Smith is going to be a rookie. The Spurs aren't dealing Leonard for basically just Smith and his upside

Robert Covington, 1st team All-NBA defense player is not a starter in this league? Cool.

You're right. The Sixers don't have the amazing assets of the Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know fans think of Fultz has washed because of one season but that isn't how GMs look at it.

Fultz looked the part if EVERY ASPECT of the game last year except shooting. Now maybe he will never get his shot back and he will be a bust. But if he does, he will be an extremely valuable asset for just about any team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz is a bust (the Sixers were trying to trade him on draft night and coudn't find a taker) IMO. Didn't like him coming out of college and he was banged up in his rookie seaso. When he was healthy, Brown didn't trust to play him in the postseason. You don't think people took notice of that?

Covington is going to be 28 and entering his 6th season. He is what he is, a nice player off the bench (12.7ppg) but not a starter in this League. Below average shooter (39.9%) and decent rebounder (5.5rpg).

Smith is going to be a rookie. The Spurs aren't dealing Leonard for basically just Smith and his upside

I had no idea the 76ers were looking to trade Fultz. If that doesn't scream draft day mistake nothing does. But w/ the lousy rookie season he had the 76ers were outta their minds thinking anyone would take him, the # 10 & 26 picks to move into the top 5. Nice try Philly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know fans think of Fultz has washed because of one season but that isn't how GMs look at it.

Fultz looked the part if EVERY ASPECT of the game last year except shooting. Now maybe he will never get his shot back and he will be a bust. But if he does, he will be an extremely valuable asset for just about any team.

Waaaay too early to call him a bust. But it seems like last season hurt his trade value.

Reactions: DJ

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man there is alot of smack going back and forth on this subject.

Lets get centered:

1. Spurs will trade Kawhi on their terms not his, or at least not until after the LA free agent signing period is near over. They dont want the Lakers to have him and especially not as a tool to lure Lebron. Spurs will know when and how they move him.

2. I can see several options for moving Kawhi, and while Boston has the most assets there is two issues at play against Boston: They like Jaylen Brown and secondly they dont necessarily need him. (which means the Spurs wont be able to fleece them).

3. Its a toss up relative to Lakers vs Sixers. IF Lakers signed Lebron soonest they actually might now really have a chance for Kawhi to hold out on any long term deals. If lebron went to the Sixers. then the Sixers could send Simmons and picks out to Spurs for Kawhi.

4. This means what Lebron does matters................

5. Fultz is not a bust but not a success. He is worth 50 cents on the dollar today, but he may well be back to 75 or 80 cents by mid season. For sure the Sixers are gong to move some guards and soon

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz is heading towards bust territory given that there was criticism of him heading out of college.

Exactly. It wasn't like he was a great player on a great college team that helped his team win.

He was a very good player on an awful Washington team.

If the Sixers had done better with that pick....they'd be legit stacked. Not saying they aren't now but they wouldn't even need a superstar FA. Just re-sign Redick and let the youngsters develop.