• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaaay too early to call him a bust. But it seems like last season hurt his trade value.

Oh no question that his trade value has decreased.

TBH, if Fultz had the season that the Sixers expected, he wouldn't be available for trade at any price.

He still has considerable trade value though. Losing his jump shot is usually a correctable problem.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaaay too early to call him a bust. But it seems like last season hurt his trade value.

I can admit it's too early.....I just didn't like the pick at the time and I stand by my comment now after his disappointing rookie season. I don't wiffle waffle back and forth.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea the 76ers were looking to trade Fultz. If that doesn't scream draft day mistake nothing does. But w/ the lousy rookie season he had the 76ers were outta their minds thinking anyone would take him, the # 10 & 26 picks to move into the top 5. Nice try Philly.

They weren't looking to trade Fultz. They were willing to maybe trade Fultz. For who no one knows. My guess is that the Sixers were willing to make a big move to grab Doncic but when he went #3 they gave up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can admit it's too early.....I just didn't like the pick at the time and I stand by my comment now after his disappointing rookie season. I don't wiffle waffle back and forth.

Was Lonzo Ball disappointing to you?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man there is alot of smack going back and forth on this subject.

Lets get centered:

1. Spurs will trade Kawhi on their terms not his, or at least not until after the LA free agent signing period is near over. They dont want the Lakers to have him and especially not as a tool to lure Lebron. Spurs will know when and how they move him.

2. I can see several options for moving Kawhi, and while Boston has the most assets there is two issues at play against Boston: They like Jaylen Brown and secondly they dont necessarily need him. (which means the Spurs wont be able to fleece them).

3. Its a toss up relative to Lakers vs Sixers. IF Lakers signed Lebron soonest they actually might now really have a chance for Kawhi to hold out on any long term deals. If lebron went to the Sixers. then the Sixers could send Simmons and picks out to Spurs for Kawhi.

4. This means what Lebron does matters................

5. Fultz is not a bust but not a success. He is worth 50 cents on the dollar today, but he may well be back to 75 or 80 cents by mid season. For sure the Sixers are gong to move some guards and soon

Dude.

6ers are not offering Simmons. No chance. As great as Kawhi is, Simmons has FAR more trade value because unlike Jaylen Brown and anybody in the Laker roster, he actually does project to be a player on Kawhi's level and he is under team control for the next 7 years vs. 1 for Kawhi.

Simmons plus pick. LMAO.

I know Celtic fans want to pretend Jaylen Brown is close to simmons' level. He isn't.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

6ers are not offering Simmons. No chance. As great as Kawhi is, Simmons has FAR more trade value because unlike Jaylen Brown and anybody in the Laker roster, he actually does project to be a player on Kawhi's level and he is under team control for the next 7 years vs. 1 for Kawhi.

Simmons plus pick. LMAO.

I know Celtic fans want to pretend Jaylen Brown is close to simmons' level. He isn't.

Logic is still pissed that people think that Simmons had a better year than Tatum. So he pretty much unerringly downgrades him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic is still pissed that people think that Simmons had a better year than Tatum. So he pretty much unerringly downgrades him.

The irony is thick on this one. You realize you just finished trying to compare Fultz to anyone on the Lakers roster just now? I'm pretty sure even Hart has more value at this point.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he actually does project to be a player on Kawhi's level

I would like you to explain how similar they are/were. Thats a pretty aggressive target for a kid who cannot shoot

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like you to explain how similar they are/were. Thats a pretty aggressive target for a kid who cannot shoot

I don't need to explain it.

Simmons has the look of a transcendent player. If he never learns to shoot, he will merely be a 2nd or 3rd team all NBA guy. But he will improve there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony is thick on this one. You realize you just finished trying to compare Fultz to anyone on the Lakers roster just now? I'm pretty sure even Hart has more value at this point.

Huh? I did?

I'm sure the entire Lakers roster has more value than Markelle Fultz. Fultz is probably about as good a D leaguers for the Lakers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That just isn't true.

Fultz defintely has a lot more value than Hart.

Fultz might prove to be a total bust, but his potential is worth more than Jason Hart who will probably always be a solid rotational piece by has little upside beyond that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Lonzo Ball disappointing to you?

A little. But, just his shooting. His defense, rebounding and passing were on point.

Not really a smart comparison IMO since he played 52 to 14 games (Fultz) in the regular season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I am talking about trade value.

There might not be a single player in the league with more trade value than BEn Simmons because of Giannis contract status and his rookie performance.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't looking to trade Fultz. They were willing to maybe trade Fultz. For who no one knows. My guess is that the Sixers were willing to make a big move to grab Doncic but when he went #3 they gave up.

All I did was type in were the 76ers looking to trade Fultz on draft day. The sportingnews.com article said 2 things. 1) According to reports, the 76ers had "internal conversations" about making a package deal w/ their # 10 & 26 picks in order to move into the top 5. 2) However teams were not interested in a player relearning to shoot & coming off a shoulder injury.

From a cbssports.com article part of it says- The 76ers say they aren't shopping him. However there was a report they had internal discussions about packing him w/ the #'s 10 & 26 picks to move up into the top 5.

The organization can say whatever they want now but it sure seems that if a team offered them what they were looking for they would have traded him on draft night.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little. But, just his shooting. His defense, rebounding and passing were on point.

Not really a smart comparison IMO since he played 52 to 14 games (Fultz) in the regular season.

His defense was actually better than expected. A lot of the experts said his defense was something that needed a lot of work. Not saying he still doesn't, but it was better than advertised at UCLA. Mainly as a help defender, not 1-on-1.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't talk about Lonzo w/o mentioning Papa Ball.:heh: Has he started his public boycott of the ROY award since Hiz Boy didn't win?

#lavarforNBAcommish

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The organization can say whatever they want now but it sure seems that if a team offered them what they were looking for they would have traded him on draft night.

Obviously Fultz is tradeable. As it stands he was not a major factor in them being a 52 win team last year.

How the Sixers Can Have Their Cake and Eat It, Too

Huh. Kevin O'Connor, Celtics fan, thinks that the Sixers could get Kawhi for Fultz, Zhaire, the Miami pick, and Dario Saric plus some change. Crazy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His defense was actually better than expected. A lot of the experts said his defense was something that needed a lot of work. Not saying he still doesn't, but it was better than advertised at UCLA. Mainly as a help defender, not 1-on-1.

Speaking of UCLA Alford's an asshole. Didn't like the smug fuker when he played @ IU & when he was the HC @ New Mexico he bitched & moaned ever damn year that the MWC tourney's held in Vegas. The irony is the 12 Pac tourney's also in Sin City. Ha-Ha Stevie Boy!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3