• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick & Harbaugh Future

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goo for Kaepernick. Hope it pays off. I am also a fan of Kurt Warner, especially after watching the episode of him on the NFL show A Football Life.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's about F'ing time. He should have been hitting the tape with Warner instead of hitting the weights.

Kaep is supposed to train with Warner until March.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about F'ing time. He should have been hitting the tape with Warner instead of hitting the weights.

Kaep is supposed to train with Warner until March.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. No matter how many times you might tell someone something, or how many warnings you give, some people just need to experience hardship themselves. There were issues even in 2012, but winning glossed over it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to see a player want to be better and great. He knows he has a weakness and he is going to someone for help. I hope we see a change. I still think a New OC will help a lot. When harbaugh took over in that last game Kap looked like his old self.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some people just have to learn the hard way. No matter how many times you might tell someone something, or how many warnings you give, some people just need to experience hardship themselves. There were issues even in 2012, but winning glossed over it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kurt Warner rubs off on Kaep a bit because Warner was a real good pocket QB. Immobile as a tree but just stood in the pocket under pressure and not afraid of the pressure, went through reads, and flew darts from back there.

Kaep looks uncomfortable in the pocket at times, it's like he's not processing things fast enough.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from ESPN Insider. haven't heard this before. I will have to comment on it later.

During the San Francisco 49ers' current two-game losing streak, Colin Kaepernick failed to completed more than 55.2 percent of his passes in either outing and has totaled just 295 passing yards.

Despite the struggles, coach Jim Harbaugh isn't prepared to make a switch to Blaine Gabbert at quarterback.

"It's in a rough patch the last couple games," Harbaugh said of their offense. "There are things to improve and correct."

"Colin's our quarterback," Harbaugh added.

General manager Trent Baalke also threw his support behind Kaepernick Monday.

"You've seen, throughout his short career to this point, plenty of opportunity and plenty of signs where he's performed well in those situations," Baalke said on 95.7's The Game (H/T San Jose Mercury News).

"To hang it all on Kap is unfair. A lot goes into it to get an offense the timing, rhythm, confidence, swagger to consistently move the ball. The defenses are getting better, and we've got to match up on that side of the ball, no doubt."

At this time, all signs point to the 49ers dumping Harbaugh and keeping Kaepernick next season. ESPN NFL Insider Mike Sando thinks that someone like Kyle Shanahan would be a good fit as Harbuagh's replacement both for the Niners and Kaepernick:

Mike Sando
The debate on Kaepernick's future
"League insiders familiar with the situation in San Francisco expect the 49ers to replace Harbaugh and the offensive staff, at a minimum. The feeling is that embracing Kaepernick as a dual-threat quarterback will be a prerequisite for the team's next offensive coaches. Some think San Francisco will pursue a head coach and/or coordinator such as Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who worked with [Robert] Griffin in Washington and could become a head-coaching candidate after his work with the Browns this season. Scott Frost, the offensive coordinator at Oregon, also fits the profile of a coach who would likely embrace working with Kaepernick instead of pushing for a more traditional pocket quarterback. Adam Gase was on the Denver Broncos' staff when the team adapted its offense for Tim Tebow, although Gase was not the coordinator at that time
."
Wait im a bit confused. Harbaugh never had Gabbert on his team, so how could he have ever been prepared to make the switch to Gabbert?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great to hear! Finally seems to be sinking in with Kaep that he needs to be passer first and not a runner. Hopefully he will also start to work on his mechanics and foot work as well. This is what I have been waiting to hear from Kaep since the Alex Smith trade.

I posted a link from CSN Bay Area on another thread. Kurt Warner is part of the coaching. He will also be working with QB coaches which will include work on his mechanics abnd footwork.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a link from CSN Bay Area on another thread. Kurt Warner is part of the coaching. He will also be working with QB coaches which will include work on his mechanics abnd footwork.

Thank GOD.

I he works as hard on these things as he does on keeping his body in shape, then I hink he has a good chance to save his career.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, with the exception of Steve Young, NFL QBs rarely show much improvement at Colin Kaepernick’s age. Kurt Warner isn't going to change his attitude.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Historically, with the exception of Steve Young, NFL QBs rarely show much improvement at Colin Kaepernick’s age. Kurt Warner isn't going to change his attitude.

don't know about historically and rarely, but unfortunately I agree as it applies to Kaep.

Kaep has started quite a few games now, so if he was going to be 'top level' he'd be there already. At very least he'd be close this past season?

So not to say he won't improve at all, but don't see him taking a BIG step up. His bigger problems are mental, not physical. We know he can throw between the 20's, anywhere between the 20's. so whatever his mechanics are now, he can throw.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he learns to be a little more patient in the pocket. Often times, he panics and starts scrambling thus not allowing the receivers to run their routes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What attitude is that?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know about historically and rarely, but unfortunately I agree as it applies to Kaep.

Kaep has started quite a few games now, so if he was going to be 'top level' he'd be there already. At very least he'd be close this past season?

So not to say he won't improve at all, but don't see him taking a BIG step up. His bigger problems are mental, not physical. We know he can throw between the 20's, anywhere between the 20's. so whatever his mechanics are now, he can throw.

If someone is expecting Kaepernick to become Manning or Brady by the start of next season they are going to be disappointed. But also, it doesn't have to be all other nothing. Even modest improvements could greatly help. A lot of film study and cleaning up his mechanics. Throw in fixing the other parts of the offense that are not working and the offense could play much better next year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god we don't have Cam. Wow he is bad. Atleast Kap has showed he can carry an offense and he wins in the playoffs. Cam is just bad.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god we don't have Cam. Wow he is bad. Atleast Kap has showed he can carry an offense and he wins in the playoffs. Cam is just bad.

Give credit to the Seahawks' defense. They make a lot of offense look bad. Just look back on Thanksgiving night. Kap barely threw over 100 yards. It was a competitive game at halftime, but the Seahawks have more talent. They have the best secondary in the league and their front four can create pressure without the help of a blitz. Wilson is not spectacular, but he is solid. He makes smart decisions, accurate and elusive. At this point of their careers, Wilson is definitely better than Kap.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt see the 4rh qtr but I didnt think Cam looked that bad.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god we don't have Cam. Wow he is bad. Kap has showed he can carry an offense and he wins in the playoffs. Cam is just bad.

He went 23/36 for 246 yards. He threw 2 TDs and 2 ints. The int that Chancellor returned was a terrible pass. He was late delivering it and Chancellor jumped the route. Cam has not been as successful as Kap in the playoffs, but he wasn't that bad yesterday. You're thankful that the Niners don't have Cam, but I could bet you that the Seahawks are thankful that they have Wilson instead of Kap.