• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KaDeem Carey is the best RB in College Football

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that with the 5+ quarters that Carey missed, that he would have gotten at least another 200 yards. But just adding 200 yards to what he has after tonight, be would be within 50 yards of the lead, and that would still be only after having played in all of AZ's 7 games. He would be right with Gordon after 7 games, and right with the guys from WKU and Toledo, even though they've played in 8 games. The best this year? Well he won't get the whole year to prove it, and the year is only just passed halfway, so I don't think that can be determined yet. But the best in the last two years, and therefore, probably the best RB in college? It certainly can be argued. Besides, if you want to argue that rushing against the Pac in the last two years doesn't qualify as competition, then that's just crazy. If you want to say that his team is not good enough, then it actually helps his argument more, because he doesn't have the O line, or the additional offensive help that others do. But the fact that the kid is running all over everyone, and doesn't even get a whisper of notoriety, is telling that he might just be better than really anyone outside of the western timezone gives him credit for. Seriously, he's gained over 100 yards in 16 of the 18 total games he's ever played in and is currently on a 10-game streak. Pretty good for a junior. Especially when he led the nation in yards as a sophomore, and sat out almost a game and a half this year.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that with the 5+ quarters that Carey missed, that he would have gotten at least another 200 yards. But just adding 200 yards to what he has after tonight, be would be within 50 yards of the lead, and that would still be only after having played in all of AZ's 7 games. He would be right with Gordon after 7 games, and right with the guys from WKU and Toledo, even though they've played in 8 games. The best this year? Well he won't get the whole year to prove it, and the year is only just passed halfway, so I don't think that can be determined yet. But the best in the last two years, and therefore, probably the best RB in college? It certainly can be argued. Besides, if you want to argue that rushing against the Pac in the last two years doesn't qualify as competition, then that's just crazy. If you want to say that his team is not good enough, then it actually helps his argument more, because he doesn't have the O line, or the additional offensive help that others do. But the fact that the kid is running all over everyone, and doesn't even get a whisper of notoriety, is telling that he might just be better than really anyone outside of the western timezone gives him credit for. Seriously, he's gained over 100 yards in 16 of the 18 total games he's ever played in and is currently on a 10-game streak. Pretty good for a junior. Especially when he led the nation in yards as a sophomore, and sat out almost a game and a half this year.

ESPN showed him tonight and said "the nations leading rusher" usually they wont do a live update for a Uofa vs Colorado game, because its Colorado. Still I agree he needs more credit than just that.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon is, in my opinion, the only running back in the country right now that is clearly a "You draft this guy in the first round" RB. He reminds me of Robert Smith a lot.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon is, in my opinion, the only running back in the country right now that is clearly a "You draft this guy in the first round" RB. He reminds me of Robert Smith a lot.

I wouldn't draft any RB's in the first round. Not Kadeem, Gordon or Thomas as great as they all are... They are becoming less important by the day in the NFL unless you get that freak prospect that has huge upside (someone like AP) Solid RB's can be found in rounds 2-5 pretty easily.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave it one too. For principle sake.

i-thought-we-were-cool_o_1842083.jpg

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't draft any RB's in the first round. Not Kadeem, Gordon or Thomas as great as they all are... They are becoming less important by the day in the NFL unless you get that freak prospect that has huge upside (someone like AP) Solid RB's can be found in rounds 2-5 pretty easily.

Melvin Gordon is worth a 1st round pick. The other people you mentioned probably aren't. Most good RBs aren't. Gordon does something uncommon though, which is run to the perimeter with size. He's not a tremendously physical back, but he is fairly big (and will get bigger) and he can get onto the edge in a hurry. That puts a lot of pressure on defensive backs and the defense in general. He isn't unique in that, obviously, but backs that are probably going to play in the pros at 6'1" and 225-230ish that excel at getting to the edge are uncommon and valuable. No, he doesn't have Adrian Peterson/Marcus Dupree mutant DNA, but I suspect he'll still go in the mid to late 1st unless something happens from now to whatever draft he comes out in.

Last edited by a moderator:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even top 10, you want to look more at YPC not YPG as one runner may get more carries than another depending on games as well as not all runners have played same number of games.

Unless its for the back up spot Ill look at ypg, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you seriously say Alabama has 4-5 better backs than Kadeem mother fuckin Carey??

no, i said they have 3-4 backs that are better than him. and recruiting services bear that out. they just merely don't get the touches that carey gets.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i said they have 3-4 backs that are better than him. and recruiting services bear that out. they just merely don't get the touches that carey gets.

I didn't realize they had wifi on the short bus.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize they had wifi on the short bus.

Sorry bro, i'm just giving you my opinion (and the opinion of most to all recruiting services and scouts) that TJ Yeldon, Kenyan Drake, and Alvin Kamara are better backs than he is. Maybe even Tyren Jones and Altee Tenpenny

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry bro, i'm just giving you my opinion (and the opinion of most to all recruiting services and scouts) that TJ Yeldon, Kenyan Drake, and Alvin Kamara are better backs than he is. Maybe even Tyren Jones and Altee Tenpenny

But yet they are not putting up any numbers.... hmmmm

Thats like saying Greg Oden is better than Kevin Durant because he was drafted higher.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet they are not putting up any numbers.... hmmmm

Thats like saying Greg Oden is better than Kevin Durant because he was drafted higher.

it's kinda like saying that. the difference is the guys i mentioned haven't been busts. they merely haven't gotten the touches yet because they are buried on the depth chart. any one of them could be a feature back on a team without RB depth and be putting up big time numbers.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm, the dude that's 61st in the country in YPC?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus a ton of those players have less than 100 carries, hell less than 60 carries. Kadeem has 157.

Almost 100 more than Drake and only 3 more TDs. Tied with Yeldon for 10 TDs.

TDs are kewl. :noidea: