• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry's most recent comments....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the link, but the quotes are out there.

Makes me disgusted to hear this guy talk anymore.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments are from Calvin Watkins' twitter. I'm assuming they are attributed to Jerry.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's often said that, why don't I get someone to be the GM?" Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan. "Why don't I get someone to pick the players? Well, who in the world do you think that person when they walk through the door and say, ‘We want to get this player or we want to pay this player,' what in the world do you think I'm going to do? I'm going to sit down and I'm going to go through it and I'm going to say, ‘Show me the player. Show me everything about the player before I write the check. Show me the player and let me see everything about the player.'

"Well, rather than that have happen, I get involved in it and know everything about the players before they get to the door. That, if you've got the time to do it, that's a better way to do it."

Why hire an architect when you've got time to decide how you want your house to look, right? Never mind that you keep building houses with leaky roofs and crumbling foundations.

This is the one that gets me. Yeah Jerry its worked out great for 17 years hasn't it? You are the most arrogant idiot I have ever witnessed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm remain disgusted about all that is jerry. jerry the ringmaster of this dallas cowboy circus

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for you guys who actually live in Texas. It must make it much harder to avoid.

I paid my dues with Steinbrenner.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that Jerry...Been looking to be seen as a Football guy since the day Jimmy left and he teh World how easy it was. Unfortuantely he'd rather let the whole ship go down before admitting he just isn't. He's only as smart as the last opinion he's heard. Too bad no one in his inner circle has ever told him he's in over his head...A man needs to know his limitations and Jerry just doesn't...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we probably finish .500 this season, coaching staff comes back next year, similar results, probably worse, Jerry cleans house and brings in a real head coach. That coach will help clean up a bunch of the mess, draft well and put the team in a good position to win at which time he and Jerry will start to butt heads with the coach eventually "resigning" and Jerry replacing him with a Dave Campo/Wade Phillips type yes man.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that Jerry...Been looking to be seen as a Football guy since the day Jimmy left and he teh World how easy it was. Unfortuantely he'd rather let the whole ship go down before admitting he just isn't. He's only as smart as the last opinion he's heard. Too bad no one in his inner circle has ever told him he's in over his head...A man needs to know his limitations and Jerry just doesn't...

The problem is the Cowboys don't suck enough to get those high draft picks or he has already traded them away. They have to be bad for a couple years to do that. Picking middle round is always a crap shoot.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the Cowboys don't suck enough to get those high draft picks or he has already traded them away. They have to be bad for a couple years to do that. Picking middle round is always a crap shoot.

I don't buy that, the Pats have been picking towards the bottom for 11 or 12 years now. Yet here they are with 10 wins with 2 to go. What you should have said is, Jerry Jones picking anywhere in the draft is a crap shoot. That I would buy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we probably finish .500 this season, coaching staff comes back next year, similar results, probably worse, Jerry cleans house and brings in a real head coach. That coach will help clean up a bunch of the mess, draft well and put the team in a good position to win at which time he and Jerry will start to butt heads with the coach eventually "resigning" and Jerry replacing him with a Dave Campo/Wade Phillips type yes man.

So basically another Bill Parcells situation. That could be the best we could hope for I suppose. I just don't think Jerry gets lucky again. jerry didn't get Parcells. jerry got lucky that Parcells wanted to "restore the luster to the star". Bill had his people get in jerry's ear and inform him he was interested. Jerry stayed outta the way about 22 months. Just can't see another top coach willing after the Parcells situation played out.

I'll say for the first time. Garrett has to go. He's now a certifiable football idiot for not knowing his personnel. Can't put that on jerry. I think I'd try my hardest to hire Lovie and ask HIM to promote the dline coach to DC. Not a big Lovie guy but he's football smart and someone I think could blend with all that is jerry

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah is making all cowboys fans look bad. Nothing but a media whore

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's often said that, why don't I get someone to be the GM?" Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan. "Why don't I get someone to pick the players? Well, who in the world do you think that person when they walk through the door and say, ‘We want to get this player or we want to pay this player,' what in the world do you think I'm going to do? I'm going to sit down and I'm going to go through it and I'm going to say, ‘Show me the player. Show me everything about the player before I write the check. Show me the player and let me see everything about the player.'

"Well, rather than that have happen, I get involved in it and know everything about the players before they get to the door. That, if you've got the time to do it, that's a better way to do it."

Why hire an architect when you've got time to decide how you want your house to look, right? Never mind that you keep building houses with leaky roofs and crumbling foundations.

This is the one that gets me. Yeah Jerry its worked out great for 17 years hasn't? You are the most arrogant idiot I have ever witnessed.

It was worse than that. He said the loss was still a good show. He intimated that losing but still being competitive is good enough for him. He ONLY cares about making money. To make sure you all know, I live here. I'm not a fan but I have no other option but to know about them. Jerrah is the reason this team is .500.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically another Bill Parcells situation. That could be the best we could hope for I suppose. I just don't think Jerry gets lucky again. jerry didn't get Parcells. jerry got lucky that Parcells wanted to "restore the luster to the star". Bill had his people get in jerry's ear and inform him he was interested. Jerry stayed outta the way about 22 months. Just can't see another top coach willing after the Parcells situation played out.

I'll say for the first time. Garrett has to go. He's now a certifiable football idiot for not knowing his personnel. Can't put that on jerry. I think I'd try my hardest to hire Lovie and ask HIM to promote the dline coach to DC. Not a big Lovie guy but he's football smart and someone I think could blend with all that is jerry

I just as soon he not get fired if the new coach can't pick his staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just as soon he not get fired if the new coach can't pick his staff.

the absolute worst thing is not knowing your personnel. Garrett played that second half as bad as any coach on any level could.

pick a staff you say....fine but good luck in dallas with all that. I know it sure as hell ain't a good football reason to keep garrett in dallas. Gee....and you throw out the pbrain reference about Romo opinions?

:laugh3:.......always said it was good to be judge

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah is making all cowboys fans look bad. Nothing but a media whore

in a way you're right.....might be a great time to go all doom and gloom. Talk about things that will never happen as long as Jerry is alive. Basically root against Dallas and poke a stick at anyone posting a positive thought about the team. Maybe throw out drinking the jerry kool aid for being a fan and seeing anything positive in this mess. We can take this approach towards everyone on a team fan message board for years....well, as long as jerry lives we can. We can say I told you so tell the cows come home and pat ourselves on the back for being so darn smart.

lets be somebody

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the absolute worst thing is not knowing your personnel. Garrett played that second half as bad as any coach on any level could.

pick a staff you say....fine but good luck in dallas with all that. I know it sure as hell ain't a good football reason to keep garrett in dallas. Gee....and you throw out the pbrain reference about Romo opinions?

:laugh3:.......always said it was good to be judge

What the hell are talking about? ...what "pbrain" reference do you speak of?

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the one that gets me. Yeah Jerry its worked out great for 17 years hasn't it? You are the most arrogant idiot I have ever witnessed.

Jerry thinks the owner is a football mind? Really? The GM makes the decisions the owner trusts the GM and writes the checks, and thus JJ remains inept.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry thinks the owner is a football mind? Really? The GM makes the decisions the owner trusts the GM and writes the checks, and thus JJ remains inept.

And yet most disagree when I say he is a bad owner (in addition to being a bad GM which we all agree on). One of most important decisions the owner makes is who he LEAVES the Football decisions up to. Jerry should spend his time redoing some of that stupid art work he let his wife put in the stadium...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RoboticDreams;4190747[U said:
]It was worse than that. He said the loss was still a good show. He intimated that losing but still being competitive is good enough for him.[/U] He ONLY cares about making money. To make sure you all know, I live here. I'm not a fan but I have no other option but to know about them. Jerrah is the reason this team is .500.

Yes, :agree: This part was the most disgusting thing to me. Basically a big "fuck you" to the fans.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet most disagree when I say he is a bad owner (in addition to being a bad GM which we all agree on). One of most important decisions the owner makes is who he LEAVES the Football decisions up to. Jerry should spend his time redoing some of that stupid art work he let his wife put in the stadium...

I split the 2 in half because it is that bad with Jerry he is a brilliant owner on the business side and has helped every other owner in the NFL with his business acumen.

On the football side Jerry is the worst owner in Sports IMHO because he is to damn stubborn to see that he has driven a proud franchise down to the bottom feeding end of the NFL over the last 18 years. He is worse than Matt Millen and Al Davis combined.

His continued stubbornness will eventually cost him dearly but for now the money machine that Tex laid the business side for and Tom laid the foundation on the field then Jimmy did it on the field and Jerry was not satisfied with just winning on the business side is in full swing with Jerry Jones starring as the head BOZO.

Ex Players and Ex coaches say with Jerry its all about the winning. I used to think that but not anymore its about the show and printing money wins or losses be damned. Oh Jerry cares when they lose because it shows he is not the football genius he wants us to believe he is.

But Jerry has 1 major problem and it will doom Cowboys fans until he dies. Jerry has rich mans disease which is he has to much money to listen to the truth from anybody that will tell him to sit down STFU and hire somebody to build the team and just write the checks and rake in the profit.

Until Jerry relents things will never change.

Smart Cowboy fans know this and its old news but I just had to say it again

:gaah: