• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Gruden in over his head

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just out of curiosity... you still think we made the right call firing Shanahan for the sake of the QB??

yes and i will tell you why

shanahan was spent . he wanted to quit after seatle playoff game

haslett was subverting him as well

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM not predicting he will take the job, but that will be the main focus if Gruden is fired at the end of the season. And more pointedly, who do you think WOULD take the job??

I don't think anyone that isn't desperate would take this job. This place is a career cancer. We would end up with another Zorn or Gruden, someone who could not get a HC job anywhere else. This is why we might as well stick it out with Gruden to see if he can get the talent he wants and implement the scheme he thinks is right. OF course, with Dan running the show, that can't happen. Does anyone else just feel hopeless?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree about Mike. Two questions. First, why was mike spent and wanted to quit? Second, should we have retained Kyle as HC?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait a minute, did I just hear a Gil Grisome moment there?? Now it all comes down to Haslett subverting not one but two coaches??? To what end might I ask?? Unless the grand plan is for Gruden to get canned and Haslett to become the head coach.

We got three games left. Griffin will start at least one of those. I honestly dont see us winning another game. And i think Snyder has already made up his mind on Gruden. The true question becomes who does he bring in to take over?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Mike. Two questions. First, why was mike spent and wanted to quit? Second, should we have retained Kyle as HC?

retaining kyle should have been an option

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retaining kyle should have been an option

I agree. Of course there is no way he would have stayed given how the whole situation imploded. He also had real issues with Robert..........

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now shark we have got information from LBF about haslett and he isnt an unnamed source

he put his name to it

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy isn't the answer. Let RGIII heal the rest of the regular season and offseason and bring him back next season for 1 more go around.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now shark we have got information from LBF about haslett and he isnt an unnamed source

he put his name to it

LBF is just another member of the media looking to drop sensational headlines hours before kickoff ...

its was a classless move for him responding to Haz son who didnt event directly mention him in his tweet ... he was going out of his way to start drama.

lost alot of respect for him today.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy isn't the answer. Let RGIII heal the rest of the regular season and offseason and bring him back next season for 1 more go around.

McCoy isn't the answer, but neither is RG3. While he has the physical talent, he is as caustic to the team as Synder is. He is not part of the solution, but part of the problem.

Our best strategy is to use this draft to finally address the line of scrimmage. We need to get back to power football where we just slam it down people's throats. This will take the pressure off of whomever is our QB.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBF is just another member of the media looking to drop sensational headlines hours before kickoff ...

its was a classless move for him responding to Haz son who didnt event directly mention him in his tweet ... he was going out of his way to start drama.

Yeah, going after Haz's son wasn't the brightest move. But I don't think Fletcher was driven by trying to be sensational or start drama. I think Fletcher believes Shanahan got a raw deal and Has held fan the flame, especially after the fact. He probably sees it happening again with Gruden so he manned up and told what he believes is the truth. I mean did he really say anything that we all don't already know?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again he put his name to it on national to it and through twitter

his son made a statement through twitter which pretty much was directed at LBF and he responded

now either you believe LBF or you dont

that is what it all amounts too

all that aside haslett's defense is mediocre

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again he put his name to it on national to it and through twitter

his son made a statement through twitter which pretty much was directed at LBF and he responded

now either you believe LBF or you dont

that is what it all amounts too

all that aside haslett's defense is mediocre

Mediocre???????? Which defense is that?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... this time last year it was ALL Shanahans fault. Now apparently its really all been Haslett masterminding a plot to undermine his Head coaches. Again I have to ask the logical question?? To what end?? Do I buy the fact that Haslett could be deflecting a bit to try and save some credibility in the likely event that he will be job hunting??? Sure I do. But I do not buy that Shanahan was simply spent and wanted to quit. If he was spent, there was a reason or likely reasons. We went on a mission to find a coach with one goal.. to make Griffin into a QB that could live up to what we expected to get. Now we are at a point where some fans and possibly the front office are seriously hoping we draft Jamies Winston....

Figure by the time the wild card round of the playoffs hits, we will know Grudens fate.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i am going to say is LBF came out and said haslett was backstabbing among his many other bombs he dropped in honor of pearl harbor day

and he attached HIS name to it for all to see

it wasnt the same old un named source garbage that is usually taken as fact

i believe shanny had , had enough of the drama

my opinions before didnt have access to these allegations by a leader of the team

hence my opinion has changed when more" facts " were brought to the table by a credible , named source

now LBF could be saying things to make a name for himself. but boy that was way over the top

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... this time last year it was ALL Shanahans fault. Now apparently its really all been Haslett masterminding a plot to undermine his Head coaches. Again I have to ask the logical question?? To what end?? Do I buy the fact that Haslett could be deflecting a bit to try and save some credibility in the likely event that he will be job hunting??? Sure I do. But I do not buy that Shanahan was simply spent and wanted to quit. If he was spent, there was a reason or likely reasons. We went on a mission to find a coach with one goal.. to make Griffin into a QB that could live up to what we expected to get. Now we are at a point where some fans and possibly the front office are seriously hoping we draft Jamies Winston....

Figure by the time the wild card round of the playoffs hits, we will know Grudens fate.

I think you've taken a major leap when you state that the FO may want Winston. As inept as I belive our FO is, I can't believe that even they would risk a top pick on that head case. Not after what we've gone thru with RGMe.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i am going to say is LBF came out and said haslett was backstabbing among his many other bombs he dropped in honor of pearl harbor day

and he attached HIS name to it for all to see

it wasnt the same old un named source garbage that is usually taken as fact

i believe shanny had , had enough of the drama

my opinions before didnt have access to these allegations by a leader of the team

hence my opinion has changed when more" facts " were brought to the table by a credible , named source

now LBF could be saying things to make a name for himself. but boy that was way over the top

I can clearly see your avatar photo, but......but.....but...in reality, are you Larry Michael?? IJA

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've taken a major leap when you state that the FO may want Winston. As inept as I belive our FO is, I can't believe that even they would risk a top pick on that head case. Not after what we've gone thru with RGMe.

If J. Winston, came in here and had season after season of 10 wins or more, I sincerely doubt that anyone would give a damn if he peed in his own mouth and ate glue. However, if this team passed on him and he went elsewhere, averaged 10 wins or more per, while peeing in his own mouth and eating glue....that would be a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can clearly see your avatar photo, but......but.....but...in reality, are you Larry Michael?? IJA

he put his name to it period . that is better then an a un-named source and i have consistently stood by my stance as my numerous CSI mockery attest to