• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis Winston

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news out of all this...if you lose enough you will wind up with Jameis Winston, because I seriously doubt the Jags would draft him after taking Bortles. Then you have a legit franchise QB for the future. As long as he doesn't return for another year at FSU. However, with the issues in college and the suspension and the accusations, I can't really see him staying in college if he has a chance to be the #1 or #2 choice in the draft.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news out of all this...if you lose enough you will wind up with Jameis Winston, because I seriously doubt the Jags would draft him after taking Bortles. Then you have a legit franchise QB for the future. As long as he doesn't return for another year at FSU. However, with the issues in college and the suspension and the accusations, I can't really see him staying in college if he has a chance to be the #1 or #2 choice in the draft.

Already have our franchise QB, thanks.........

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch that guy with a 10-foot pole. So yeah please draft him Raiders! He has a decent arm but man he is dumb as a box of rocks. After last year yes I would be pretty darn hyped to try and get him but with all his off season drama and honestly he just hasn't looked that great the little I have watched him this year. There are better choices in my opinion that you don't have to worry about the off the field issues becoming a concern.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders are not going to draft a first round quarterback next year. Arguably, they already have the best QB taken in the draft this year. Carr looks to be the real deal and I hate that, as a Broncos fan. This kid has arm strength, mobility, poise and football smarts and seems to be getting better each week. I think Oakland may have finally found their QB of the future.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders are not going to draft a first round quarterback next year. Arguably, they already have the best QB taken in the draft this year. Carr looks to be the real deal and I hate that, as a Broncos fan. This kid has arm strength, mobility, poise and football smarts and seems to be getting better each week. I think Oakland may have finally found their QB of the future.

We will see. David Carr was a can't miss prospect and taken #1 overall. I am not saying he is his brother. Very small sample size so far.

I think Winston is just distracted by all the crap swirling around him. Get him drafted, give him some money, deal with his immaturity issues for 1 or 2 years, and then you may have a franchise QB with all the skill set of an elite QB.

If not Oakland, I wonder who he would be destined to go to.

Tennessee, NY Jets, Tampa Bay or St. Louis maybe?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. David Carr was a can't miss prospect and taken #1 overall. I am not saying he is his brother. Very small sample size so far.

I think Winston is just distracted by all the crap swirling around him. Get him drafted, give him some money, deal with his immaturity issues for 1 or 2 years, and then you may have a franchise QB with all the skill set of an elite QB.

Yes, obviously too early to tell with Carr but you have to admit he's looked pretty damn good so far as a rookie. If Winston can pull his image together and grow up by next year's draft, he'll be a high number one prospect for sure. I do think it's time for the Rams to start over at QB, so they might be my early prediction but who knows which teams will be drafting in the top 10. Still a ton of regular season to go...

Funny, 3 Broncos fans having a conversation on the Raiders home page. That just struck me. :omg:

Swords

Big Time Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is not in our plans. No thanks.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or Jamarcus Russell..........

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is cool if you have. I just think Jameis Winston is a hell of a talent. He is one of those rare elite franchise QB types. I hate FSU too.

I agree Winston is a hell of a talent, but his off field decision making is ridiculous.
Think of him having NFL millions and partying around.
Nothing good can come from that.
He's lucky he just missed a r*pe charge.

Why waste a high draft pick on someone who'll likely wind up suspended and/or facing prosecutions ?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Winston is a hell of a talent, but his off field decision making is ridiculous.
Think of him having NFL millions and partying around.
Nothing good can come from that.
He's lucky he just missed a r*pe charge.

Why waste a high draft pick on someone who'll likely wind up suspended and/or facing prosecutions ?

I guess that off field issues may be enough to drop him to bottom of the 1st or even 2nd round, which means he may stay in school for another year. We will have to see. Good valid points.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

some teams may actually drool over a seriously immature player to be the face of the franchise. :drool:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some teams may actually drool over a seriously immature player to be the face of the franchise. :drool:

Personally, I think this last year will make Winston grow up a bit more, respect what he has been given a little.

Hopefully the kid learns from his mistakes. He is about as talented as any QB coming out in the last decade, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, etc. He just needs to stay focused, put his priorities in order and stay out of trouble.

Hopefully a monster pay day from the NFL may help him keep his eye on the prize. Too many teams with crappy QB's needing some talent there.

I think St. Louis would be an ideal situation for him. They have a good OL, a potentially great running game, a very good defense and a couple offensive weapons. Put him in that system, put another top tier WR in there and he could excel immediately.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston will need to go to a team that he doesn't have to be the leader day 1. He will need a veteran team that can help keep him focused on what is important. Immature players don't always fail as Cam Newton is a great example. In college he did some idiotic things but now is one of the better young quarterbacks playing right now. So it isn't unheard of but any team that drafts him is definitely taking a major risk. For every Cam Newton you have a J. Russell or Ryan Leaf who just can't handle it all.

Now to me I'm not big on taking huge risks on players in the 1st round. You want as few of red flags with such a big pick so to me at the earliest no team should consider him until the 2nd round. The kid has talent don't get me wrong and I am sure some team will take a chance on him in the 1st round but I'm just hoping my team is not the one. As for the Raiders Carr has shown enough at this point to deserve being the guy moving forward. Obviously he could put together some horrible games all in a row and people might have to rethink his capabilities in the NFL but right now I just don't see that happening. The kid is poised in the pocket and has a great arm on him. No reason to use a high pick on another quarterback when that pick could be used to either give him some serious weapons or help the defense that is not playing all that well.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Winston has franchise talent.. He is very good.. He could step right in and play ball.. But talent is not his problem.. I watching FOX pregame show, and they talked a little about Winston.. The guy that always breaks the news?? Said that he talked to all 32 GMs about Winston, and they said they would all pass on him.. He is just way to toxic.. r*pe charges that are not going away, stealing etc.. Anyways the other guys chipped in, and said he could fall to 4th 5th maybe go undrafted.. If he can get his head right?? And go to a strong team with leadership from the top down.. LOOK OUT!! I do NOT want to see Winston in the AFC West!!
The only young QB in the AFC West is Carr.. The other teams need to starting thinking about the future!!
I would hate to see Winston playing ball in KC!! But then again?? It would be fun to see Carr going against Winston for years!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Winston has franchise talent.. He is very good.. He could step right in and play ball.. But talent is not his problem.. I watching FOX pregame show, and they talked a little about Winston.. The guy that always breaks the news?? Said that he talked to all 32 GMs about Winston, and they said they would all pass on him.. He is just way to toxic.. r*pe charges that are not going away, stealing etc.. Anyways the other guys chipped in, and said he could fall to 4th 5th maybe go undrafted.. If he can get his head right?? And go to a strong team with leadership from the top down.. LOOK OUT!! I do NOT want to see Winston in the AFC West!!
The only young QB in the AFC West is Carr.. The other teams need to starting thinking about the future!!
I would hate to see Winston playing ball in KC!! But then again?? It would be fun to see Carr going against Winston for years!!

Not sure if you have been paying attention to the Broncos then if you think Carr is the only young quarterback in the division. The Broncos 3 years ago used a 2nd round pick on Manning's successor in Brock Osweiler. This past preseason he actually started showing some great promise and the FO and coaches have been almost giddy about how much he has improved over the last few years. So just because Carr is the one that is starting right now doesn't mean he is the only young talent in the division. I would say also none of the other teams need a young arm right now. Rivers is only 32 and doesn't look like he is slowing down one bit. the top quarterbacks these days seem to be lasting into their late 30's so I would say the Chargers have him for maybe another 5 years. Alex Smith is 30 right now so he could be good for another 5-7 years as well. Peyton and the Broncos have said his arm has actually gotten stronger than it was last year when he put up 55 touchdowns. This year through 5 games he is averaging 3 touchdowns a game which equals out to 48 touchdowns on the season. Just would put him in the top-10 seasons of all time for a quarterback with at least 2 others being his as well. So my guess is he finishes out his Bronco contract which still has this season plus 2 more left on it.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nothing to get upset about cd.. Just putting 2 and 2 together is all.. Now, that back up you got will be FA soon, and you think you guys are going to pay him?? You guys will have some good FAs hit the market this year that will be VERY spendy.. I think you guys do it the way the Pats did it with Mallet.. He was suppose to be the future, but Brady was not ready to hang them up, and Money was to tight to pay him!! So they draft a QB in the 2nd and trade Mallet.. Alex Smith is good!! But he is not a franchise, Winston would beat him out!! Rivers is very good and still has some prime left!! But even then?? If i could get a Winston in the 3rd or so?? To sit behind Rivers?? Shoot all day!! Again im not knocking the QBs, shoot look at the records they carry.. Im just talking about the future.. I hope nobody in the AFC West drafts Winston..

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nothing to get upset about cd.. Just putting 2 and 2 together is all.. Now, that back up you got will be FA soon, and you think you guys are going to pay him?? You guys will have some good FAs hit the market this year that will be VERY spendy.. I think you guys do it the way the Pats did it with Mallet.. He was suppose to be the future, but Brady was not ready to hang them up, and Money was to tight to pay him!! So they draft a QB in the 2nd and trade Mallet.. Alex Smith is good!! But he is not a franchise, Winston would beat him out!! Rivers is very good and still has some prime left!! But even then?? If i could get a Winston in the 3rd or so?? To sit behind Rivers?? Shoot all day!! Again im not knocking the QBs, shoot look at the records they carry.. Im just talking about the future.. I hope nobody in the AFC West drafts Winston..

He will probably wind up in Pittsburgh where he can spend his time killing the AFC North, after sitting a year or two behind Ben.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get tons of coverage down here on Jameis, his issue is with maturity and judgement, 2 areas that would not play well in Oakland, more so than most NFL teams we really need high character players and leaders especially. Jameis would be well advised to go to a team that would help him develop, I am sorry to say we have a terrible track record at developing players and character, I wish I could say different, but it is what it is. Carr is not only very talented, but he is also a high character guy, he fits our needs very well, I could see Jameis being a HUGE distraction and getting into more trouble in Oakland, a cross between McClain and Russell, both talented head cases with way too much drama.

To me Jameis is very physically gifted but there is something wrong upstairs, some of the stuff you can write off to youthful over-exuberance, but when you put it all together it paints a picture of mental handicap. I think the guy needs professional help, at the very least a handler/adviser, someone to take the bb-gun away from him when the boys come out to play, you know what I mean?