• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter was the pick

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should do the franchise a favor and give me the GM job. I wanted Carter. Big mistake.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, who exactly was the best offensive lineman for the Bears on Sunday.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should do the franchise a favor and give me the GM job. I wanted Carter. Big mistake.

Welp...I finally found the answer to the "After 40 or so years of beatdowns and pain as a fan, what would actually have to happen for you to lose your Chicago Bears fandom?" question....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle-aged, balding, self-proclaimed genius internet troll to be named Chicago Bears new GM.

When asked what qualified him for the job, he said "I would have taken Jalen Carter, brought back in Cody Parkey for another crack at it in 2019 and I recognized that Jordan Howard was nothing special. You're welcome Chicago."

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one game all the teams that have passed on Carter now have fans that will follow Carter after every game to talk about how their team should have drafted him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one game all the teams that have passed on Carter now have fans that will follow Carter after every game to talk about how their team should have drafted him.

Look at the bright side...I'll be on my deathbed and the doctor will see my shirt and be like "Bears fan eh? Remember that time they drafted Trubisky over Mahomes?"

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side...I'll be on my deathbed and the doctor will see my shirt and be like "Bears fan eh? Remember that time they drafted Trubisky over Mahomes?"

Well this is my personal opinion on the woulda coulda shoulda. Just because Mahomes got drafted by KC and became a great QB does not mean he could have been drafted anywhere and still be great. In KC he sat for a year behind a pro bowl QB in Alex Smith and a Hall of fame offensive minded head coach in Andy Reid. None of which he would have gotten in Chicago.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is my personal opinion on the woulda coulda shoulda. Just because Mahomes got drafted by KC and became a great QB does not mean he could have been drafted anywhere and still be great. In KC he sat for a year behind a pro bowl QB in Alex Smith and a Hall of fame offensive minded head coach in Andy Reid. None of which he would have gotten in Chicago.
I disagree with this. The cream always rises to the top. Once in a lifetime talent like Mahomes would have succeeded anywhere. The timing is debatable but I believe it would have happened eventually anywhere. Of course there's no way of proving this.

But whatever Bear fans need to say to help them sleep well at night...(not accusing you of being a Bears fan)

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. The cream always rises to the top. Once in a lifetime talent like Mahomes would have succeeded anywhere. The timing is debatable but I believe it would have happened eventually anywhere. Of course there's no way of proving this.

But whatever Bear fans need to say to help them sleep well at night...(not accusing you of being a Bears fan)

You disagree because you're unwilling to see reality. The Bears have done nothing with any QB for about 50 years and that is mostly about mindset and historical philosophy of the organization.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts seeing him ball out and realizing he could’ve been a bear and fixed our DLine overnight. I can forgive passing on him for character concerns though.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You disagree because you're unwilling to see reality. The Bears have done nothing with any QB for about 50 years and that is mostly about mindset and historical philosophy of the organization.

Oh bullshit. And in those 50 years there have been multiple GMs and coaches with different philosophies so how do you explain that? If you are right and there's something in the air in Chicago preventing us from ever landing a great QB, why do all the QBs that leave Chicago all end up not being good elsewhere? Keep drafting QBs we'll eventually hit, it's all about percentages.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh bullshit. And in those 50 years there have been multiple GMs and coaches with different philosophies so how do you explain that? If you are right and there's something in the air in Chicago preventing us from ever landing a great QB, why do all the QBs that leave Chicago all end up not being good elsewhere? Keep drafting QBs we'll eventually hit, it's all about percentages.

As a Packers fan, I agree. They should hire you and maybe the Bears won't be the Packers until 2030 or so. Spitballing and seeing if one sticks makes sense only if you're a 12 year old boy trying to impress a 12 year old girl. Wait, I might be onto something here.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle-aged, balding, self-proclaimed genius internet troll to be named Chicago Bears new GM.

When asked what qualified him for the job, he said "I would have taken Jalen Carter, brought back in Cody Parkey for another crack at it in 2019 and I recognized that Jordan Howard was nothing special. You're welcome Chicago."

You forgot the all important internet "trust me bro".

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packers fan, I agree. They should hire you and maybe the Bears won't be the Packers until 2030 or so. Spitballing and seeing if one sticks makes sense only if you're a 12 year old boy trying to impress a 12 year old girl. Wait, I might be onto something here.
Who said anything about spitballing? If you don't have an NFL quality QB as a franchise, getting one is the number one priority. And this shouldn't change until you get one.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about spitballing? If you don't have an NFL quality QB as a franchise, getting one is the number one priority. And this shouldn't change until you get one.

You did.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So somebody logged into your account and typed this?