• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It wasn't Bruce or Dan

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s wasn’t Bruce or Dan who've done a great job in the draft the last few years. Nor, was it Dan’s relationship by some on here presented as fact that influenced the Haskins pick.

Our college scouting department lead by Kyle Smith, and along with Doug Williams have done an incredible job. They need to be congratulated…Well done guys!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Haskins is the right QB for the Redskins.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been awful if the Bungles drafted him.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to say, the son of Dan Snyder had no bearing on Haskins coming to WAS.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s wasn’t Bruce or Dan who've done a great job in the draft the last few years. Nor, was it Dan’s relationship by some on here presented as fact that influenced the Haskins pick.

Our college scouting department lead by Kyle Smith, and along with Doug Williams have done an incredible job. They need to be congratulated…Well done guys!

Kyle ran last years draft too. He will be our future GM

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug williams had a big influence too

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug williams had a big influence too

"Kyle Smith, and along with Doug Williams have done an incredible job. They need to be congratulated…Well done guys!"

That's what I said.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle ran last years draft too. He will be our future GM

The last 3 drafts had Kyle's fingers/work all over it. I remember in 2017 when Scot was fired, most here said the Skins were using his draft board.

Let's give credit where credit is due. The Redskins have one of the most skilled college talent evaluators in the NFL and his name is Kyle Smith. And his VP of player personnel is not far behind.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that Bruce was bound and gagged somewhere! Although a no-brainer everywhere else... for this organization, it's been a stroke of genius!:D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyle Smith is the man, Jay has input with Kyle. I think Haskins was the pick all the way from Snyder. Haskins said somewhere that he thought the Skins were going to come up to get him. Someone … Kyle Smith I think convinced Snyder to wait …. JMO but I think that is pretty good guess.

I think Jay would have popped if they didn't pick Sweat. I think all factions got what they wanted in the 1st round.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Kyle Smith, and along with Doug Williams have done an incredible job. They need to be congratulated…Well done guys!"

That's what I said.
wasnt referring to you

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 3 drafts had Kyle's fingers/work all over it. I remember in 2017 when Scot was fired, most here said the Skins were using his draft board.

Let's give credit where credit is due. The Redskins have one of the most skilled college talent evaluators in the NFL and his name is Kyle Smith. And his VP of player personnel is not far behind.

it sure has translated into a lot of wins

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sure has translated into a lot of wins

LOL - are you serious? The pt was that Smith has done a solid job finding college talent in the last 3 years. Even if that is true is doesn't translate into wins rt away. For starters the guys just taken have not even played in the NFL yet so that is a non factor.

The 2018 draft appears to be solid and you already have several solid starters & potentially some other players who can contribute - TBD. As for the 2017 draft - sure there are some debatable picks (as there are even for the elite in the NFL) but very solid starters in Allen & Roullier & several other potential starters/ solid backups who are TBD (Anderson, Sprinkle, Nicholson). Who knows.

You can't truly evaluate a draft until 3-5 years later, but at least these drafts appear to be more solid than the past ones for the Skins. Only time will tell. Also - there are several other factors that have been more of a cause for their losing - injuries, poor trades, poor contracts, etc. It remains to be seen how they will address this. Maybe if Allen is less of a factor they at least get somewhat better overall. We will see.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins2021. Why are you still always over here on this forum? You have been it very clear that you hate the Redskins. You then take every chance that you can to post something negative about the team even when there is at least something positive going on (like w/ the draft).

What exactly is your purpose of constantly showing up over here when you have said that you are basically done with this team? Is it perhaps because you are just trying to be a troll or is there something else that I am missing?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins2021. Why are you still always over here on this forum? You have been it very clear that you hate the Redskins. You then take every chance that you can to post something negative about the team even when there is at least something positive going on (like w/ the draft).

What exactly is your purpose of constantly showing up over here when you have said that you are basically done with this team? Is it perhaps because you are just trying to be a troll or is there something else that I am missing?

wahhhhhh wahhhhhh

i've said it was a good draft... doesnt change the fact that this team will never win with its current regime

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wahhhhhh wahhhhhh

i've said it was a good draft... doesnt change the fact that this team will never win with its current regime

Wah wah? LOL. I wasn't crying. I was asking you a question. It makes no sense for someone to state that they are done with a team then go on and on and on about the same team. If you are done with the Skins then please move on. Or if you want to wish the Skins the worst then at least make your position obvious.

How do you know that they won't win with their current setup? Even if Allen is around but has a reduced role it could work out somewhat alright. You seem convinced that Haskins will be a failure. You compared him to Campbell which is a terrible comparison. Campbell had nowhere near the success in college nor the command of the position like Haskins. Why on earth do you compare the two? Oh well - we will see.

Have fun with your constant desire to see this team fail. I call BS on you ever being a Redskins fan.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wah wah? LOL. I wasn't crying. I was asking you a question. It makes no sense for someone to state that they are done with a team then go on and on and on about the same team. If you are done with the Skins then please move on. Or if you want to wish the Skins the worst then at least make your position obvious.

How do you know that they won't win with their current setup? Even if Allen is around but has a reduced role it could work out somewhat alright. You seem convinced that Haskins will be a failure. You compared him to Campbell which is a terrible comparison. Campbell had nowhere near the success in college nor the command of the position like Haskins. Why on earth do you compare the two? Oh well - we will see.

Have fun with your constant desire to see this team fail. I call BS on you ever being a Redskins fan.

They both have a painfully slow delivery and release that wont cut it in the NFL. Campbell a bit more athletic and Haskins has better touch. Campbell also played in a pro style offense in college. Campbell played in SEC which is much stronger than Big 10. Its actually a very good comparison. The slow release and delivery was what killed Campbell and what will probably kill Haskins unless he breaks down and rebuilds his release.

Also I know it wont work because it hasnt worked for 20 years. What is going to change now?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have a painfully slow delivery and release that wont cut it in the NFL. Campbell a bit more athletic and Haskins has better touch. Campbell also played in a pro style offense in college. Campbell played in SEC which is much stronger than Big 10. Its actually a very good comparison. The slow release and delivery was what killed Campbell and what will probably kill Haskins unless he breaks down and rebuilds his release.

Also I know it wont work because it hasnt worked for 20 years. What is going to change now?
Shenanigans. You lost me on your fist point. Not sure how anyone who can tell a football from a hockeypuck thinks Haskins delivery is anywhere near a slow as Campbell's.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Dwayne Haskins | NFL.com

Where the hell are you getting your info? See the info in the link above. Here are some of the positives for Haskins:

• Effortless throwing motion
  • Can uncork a plus fastball with just the flick of his wrist
  • Ball explodes out of his hands when driving it down the field
  • Has deep ball arm to wait out coverage and hit the fastest targets in strid
Hmm - sure doesn't sound like a slow delivery to me. They list quite a few negatives (as they do for all prospects), but most of these fall under the category of not being athletic (which is a given). Campbell may have played in a better conference, but in his last year he had nowhere the performance nor numbers of Haskins. I don't recall anyone predicting Campbell to go in the top 5 of that draft unlike Haskins. Poor comparison.