• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is this the best roster gruden has had to work with here?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and, gk "people such as you do not understand". it was about acquiring the best qb for this team who the redskins FO felt was good enough to win nfce right now.

"an aging qb with exactly one good year to his credit"...LOL. that statement alone, shows you have no fucking clue.

at least you have the broncos to cheer for....good luck with that.

Actually I do understand it. Alex Smith has one good year and we jump all over his nutsack. This move was designed to make us forget about how poorly we did in the KC negotiations. There isn’t a realistic person in the world who believes we are good enough to win the East right now.

Show me I have no clue. The following are Alex Smith ranks in his career for the following statistics...yards, TDs, YPA

2017- 8, 9, 2...great season
2016- 22, 27, 16
2015- 20, 20, 14
2014- 20,19, 24
2013- 17, 15, 29
2012- 32, 25, *
2011- 19, 17, 17
2010- 27, 24, 18
2009- 24, 19, 24
2008- He backed up Shaun Hill

You need to understand very little is expected of him in his history. Last year was an extreme outlier statistically and there is a reason it was an outlier. Now, I could be an ass and say apparently you have no clue like you said I had no clue but I just showed you have no clue so I don’t need to say it.

Again, not a Broncos fan but I was a Peyton fan. That is why a Broncos logo is there. That being said, the Broncos will be better than we are this season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brunell and mcnabb weren't at the top of there games like Smith is.

again when those trades were made i debated them and was told the same thing you are telling me

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was NO TEAM try's to be semi-competitive whether you believe that or not. I get it, you and others did not approve of the trade to acquire Smith, that is fine also but don't let that cloud your judgment that this years team on paper is and will be competitive. We have holes just like many other teams have, we have some coaching deficiencies just like other teams do but what is most alarming, is we have a FO that operates unlike most organizations and while most do not approve, I'm pretty certain those FO people don't care what you or I think. To your point, we could and likely should have drafted a QB for the future but apparently that was not in the plans. My best guess is next year's draft will produce a rookie QB and McCoy or Hogan will be gone. I can almost certainly guarantee that plan has begun with identifying an upcoming college QB they target, reviewing film and certainly attending those upcoming games this college season. Regardless of what you think, there is a plan, just not yours.

I dont think any team tries to be semi competitive except maybe the Skins in this case. I really dont have any trust in this ownership.

I think drafting a rookie QB in round 1 would signify a rebuild which could lead to a couple of poor seasons. Some poor seasons could hurt attendance and merchandise sales which may hurt the bottom line, or it may not with profit sharing.

I just think that if they didnt think Cousins could take them to the next level that they should draft a QB early. I'm okay with that logic even if I dont agree.

I'm not okay with the logic of Cousins cant take us to the next level so lets go out and get another quarterback who is older and was driven out of his city with a better roster because he couldnt take his team to the next level.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I do understand it. Alex Smith has one good year and we jump all over his nutsack. This move was designed to make us forget about how poorly we did in the KC negotiations. There isn’t a realistic person in the world who believes we are good enough to win the East right now.

Show me I have no clue. The following are Alex Smith ranks in his career for the following statistics...yards, TDs, YPA

2016- 22, 27, 16
2015- 20, 20, 14
2014- 20,19, 24
2013- 17, 15, 29
2012- 32, 25, *
2011- 19, 17, 17
2010- 27, 24, 18
2009- 24, 19, 24

You need to understand very little is expected of him in his history. Last year was an extreme outlier statistically and there is a reason it was an outlier. Now, I could be an ass and say apparently you have no clue like you said I had no clue but I just showed you have no clue so I don’t need to say it.

Again, not a Broncos fan but I was a Peyton fan. That is why a Broncos logo is there. That being said, the Broncos will be better than we are this season.

that pretty much sums up what we got , his career hovers around avg to below avg as a passer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But little Mitzi thinks I don’t know what I am talking about regarding Smith’s one good season.

some people dont want to look at that . they just jump on the bandwagon of smith and that is it

now i hope he does well for us but his history shows he is a game manager type who wont carry a team on his back and take it somewhere .

now i dont have an issue with that either except that description wasnt good enough in their eyes for KC but it is for alex all of a sudden

it tells me they lack corp values and are just looking for the new flavor of the day

my thoughts are proven when i bring up NFC title game appearance and they balk at it . if KC had THIS team and it stays healthy i would expect a playoff win . and anyone being fair and objective would expect that also

now say if smith is better and he should appear in a NFC title game and all the back tracking and bar lowering and changing the question goes on

the fact is smith isnt better and the trade was foolish . i will go further , if we signed bradford or keenum or bridgewater , they STILL would say they are better then KC because all they wanted was him gone and it started prior to the 2015 season

i think with smith at qb we should compete for 2nd place in our division and in fact compete for a WC . the same thing we have been doing since 2015 , we just shuffled the players a little

now maybe smith's age doesnt show up this year , maybe its next or the following year but make no mistake it will

i would have liked to see KC with this running game and this defense in place . i think he would have done very well here

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer OP I think last year was the best roster Gruden had prior to injuries.

Better QB and more depth on defense.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2016- 22, 27, 16
2015- 20, 20, 14
2014- 20,19, 24
2013- 17, 15, 29
2012- 32, 25, *
2011- 19, 17, 17
2010- 27, 24, 18
2009- 24, 19, 24

you pick ONLY 3 stats to evaluate Alex’s career? “one good year”…again, like I said you have no clue.

Alex is a 3x pro bowler. right there it crushes your “one good year” misrepresentation of the skins qb.

Alex has 7 winning seasons in a row as a starting qb.

his 2008 season?...he was on IR!

How bout dem apples my dinky little gk youngskins fan?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you pick ONLY 3 stats to evaluate Alex’s career? “one good year”…again, like I said you have no clue.

Alex is a 3x pro bowler. right there it crushes your “one good year” misrepresentation of the skins qb.

I pick the big three categories for a QB because this means the QB is actually asked to do something.

3 pro bowl seasons...2017 very deserving.

2013 and 2016...only made the PB because other players were injured or not playing because of the playoffs. A representation in the PB means shit...Eli, Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor and James Winston have been selected.

Alex Smith has been on a team with seven straight winning seasons. I can say this because CK started for the 49ers in the second half of 2012. Again, look at the running game rankings and the defensive scoring rankings for all those teams. That explains the winning records because the QB just wasn’t very good.

Oops...my bad. Alex Smith lost the starting job to Shaun Hill in 2009. In 2008, he was beat out by JT OSullivan prior to being placed on IR.

Again, you overlook how little is asked of Alex Smith. As for winning...Alex Smith has the same win percentage as Drew Brees and far better than Warren Moon...so he is Brees’ equal and far better than Moon?

How bout them apples Bitchyman?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick the big three categories for a QB because this means the QB is actually asked to do something.

2013 and 2016...only made the PB because other players were injured or not playing because of the playoffs. A representation in the PB means shit...Eli, Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor and James Winston have been selected.

Alex Smith has been on a team with seven straight winning seasons. I can say this because CK started for the 49ers in the second half of 2012. Again, look at the running game rankings and the defensive scoring rankings for all those teams. That explains the winning records because the QB just wasn’t very good.

Oops...my bad. Alex Smith lost the starting job to Shaun Hill in 2009. In 2008, he was beat out by JT OSullivan prior to being placed on IR.

Again, you overlook how little is asked of Alex Smith. As for winning...Alex Smith has the same win percentage as Drew Brees and far better than Warren Moon...so he is Brees’ equal and far better than Moon?

everything was good until the insult

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everything was good until the insult .

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think having Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary as his HC in SF had anything to do with his first 6 seasons of suckage?

Funny what good coaching and the right system can do for an above average nfl qb.

Your statement of the redskins only winning 3 games with alex, is pure bitterness and garbage.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think having Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary as his HC in SF had anything to do with his first 6 seasons of suckage?

Funny what good coaching and the right system can do for an above average nfl qb.

Your statement of the redskins only winning 3 games with alex, is pure bitterness and garbage.

Actually it wasn’t bitterness. I have us at 6 now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 was a stretch . i have us at 500 or so

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 was a stretch . i have us at 500 or so

Was it? If we had drafted Calvin Ridley and Guice wasn’t available in the second so we went with a lesser RB, would it have been a stretch? With the pre-draft roster, three wins was very possible.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But little Mitzi thinks I don’t know what I am talking about regarding Smith’s one good season.

Maverick. do you think number of pass attempts by alex have anything to do with the cool stats you posted?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some people dont want to look at that . they just jump on the bandwagon of smith and that is it

now i hope he does well for us but his history shows he is a game manager type who wont carry a team on his back and take it somewhere .

now i dont have an issue with that either except that description wasnt good enough in their eyes for KC but it is for alex all of a sudden

it tells me they lack corp values and are just looking for the new flavor of the day

my thoughts are proven when i bring up NFC title game appearance and they balk at it . if KC had THIS team and it stays healthy i would expect a playoff win . and anyone being fair and objective would expect that also

now say if smith is better and he should appear in a NFC title game and all the back tracking and bar lowering and changing the question goes on

the fact is smith isnt better and the trade was foolish . i will go further , if we signed bradford or keenum or bridgewater , they STILL would say they are better then KC because all they wanted was him gone and it started prior to the 2015 season

i think with smith at qb we should compete for 2nd place in our division and in fact compete for a WC . the same thing we have been doing since 2015 , we just shuffled the players a little

now maybe smith's age doesnt show up this year , maybe its next or the following year but make no mistake it will

i would have liked to see KC with this running game and this defense in place . i think he would have done very well here

thank goodness, i'm not that type of redskins fan