• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there a QB/RB in the cards for this draft?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were the only two positions for which I did not include in my two mocks, not even as alternatives. But you always see a mock here or there which has the Bears taking one, if not both, in their seven picks. I'm obviously a bit biased and don't feel we need to address either position, or at the very least we can find a couple in the post draft. But maybe I'm missing the bigger picture. What do you guys think? Does anyone feel one or both of these two spots need to be addressed next week?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. We could use a workhorse type RB incase Howard has a injury. I like our backups but none are 25 carries a game guys. I would love a young QB this staff could slowly groom but there are to many pressing needs this draft.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Cunningham is the perfect guy to shoulder the load for a game - should Howard have to miss a week or two. Does everything well. Is actually our best pass blocker out of our RB's. RB is our last concern.

I'm sure we'll bring in a UDFA QB to round out the camp roster. I don't think we're quite to the point yet where we're looking for our future developmental backup to Trubs yet, though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Cunningham is the perfect guy to shoulder the load for a game - should Howard have to miss a week or two. Does everything well. Is actually our best pass blocker out of our RB's. RB is our last concern. ( Does everything well ) I agree he is a complete back, not sure if he is a 25 carry per game guy tho.

I'm sure we'll bring in a UDFA QB to round out the camp roster. I don't think we're quite to the point yet where we're looking for our future developmental backup to Trubs yet, though.
If this staff is as good as we think they should be developing young QBs to trade away. All the top QB teams do it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this staff is as good as we think they should be developing young QBs to trade away. All the top QB teams do it.
I wish we had a batch of draft picks as do some teams like the Browns and the Bills have. Then I'd have no problem whatsoever including a QB, RB, a couple of WRs, etc in our selections. But with only 7 picks, at least at the present, we have too many pressing needs in key positions to have the luxury of using two of them on a QB/RB. Maybe one, but certainly not both. I wouldn't mind seeing Pace do some trading back to land us a couple of additional picks somewhere in the draft, altho I'm still 100% on board for staying put at #8 if Nelson is there for the taking.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

- I count one who does that

- We need to make sure we have one QB before we begin talking about a 2nd to use as "trade bait"

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we had a batch of draft picks as do some teams like the Browns and the Bills have. Then I'd have no problem whatsoever including a QB, RB, a couple of WRs, etc in our selections. But with only 7 picks, at least at the present, we have too many pressing needs in key positions to have the luxury of using two of them on a QB/RB. Maybe one, but certainly not both. I wouldn't mind seeing Pace do some trading back to land us a couple of additional picks somewhere in the draft, altho I'm still 100% on board for staying put at #8 if Nelson is there for the taking.

I just think the drop-off outside of the top ten (roughly) is rather steep. Not sure I want to risk trading down 3-4 spots and missing out on Smith or Edmunds. Which is who I'd like if Nelson is gone.

If any of the top 4 QB's fall, though. We'll likely receive some calls. Heck, maybe a couple of teams are even in love with Lamar Jackson and want to move up.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the drop-off outside of the top ten (roughly) is rather steep. Not sure I want to risk trading down 3-4 spots and missing out on Smith or Edmunds. Which is who I'd like if Nelson is gone.

If any of the top 4 QB's fall, though. We'll likely receive some calls. Heck, maybe a couple of teams are even in love with Lamar Jackson and want to move up.
We don't necessarily have to trade back on the 8th spot, we can do so at 39. I only say this because I find it almost impossible to think that Pace won't engage in some type of swapping, be it up or down. He seems to like doing this.