• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is LeBron James better than Michael Jordan?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you see the pattern here?

This is towing the company line. I can't stand Lebron but he is a money making machine for the NBA.
The sports media, networks, the players ..none of them benefit if they say Lebron is not in MJ's league.

Look at what is happening right now. ...do you see ESPN or any of the media calling Lebron irresponsible for punching a blackboard after the first game of the finals? It's like it never happen ...they have gone right to free agency mania.

Could you imagine if Kevin Love did that ..ESPN would have written an article:

"Should Kevin Love leave the country after his childish act"

Yep. How could we forgot the media ripping the crap out of amare stoudmire for doing the same thing

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think that they aren't really paying attention to it because it's essentially a non-story. Lebron isn't the first athlete to injure himself because he got frustrated and punched an inanimate object.

Hell, I'd be willing to bet that even most regular folks have at least risked injuring themselves punching some inanimate object out of frustration. It happens.

How many times have we seen baseball players take a bat and beat the hell out of a water cooler? Unfortunately for Lebron, he didn't have a bat to use on that blackboard.

Also, the story about his hand didn't come out until after the finals was over and everyone is now moving on to the off-season. Had the story come out about his hand after game 1, all we would have heard about over the next 3 games would have been Lebron's hand.

At this point, where he's going next year and how he's getting there are far more interesting than his hand.

• You have the greatest Basketball player of this generation get to the Championship series.
  • Against all odds, the Cavs have a tied game at the end of the 4th ...In the Warriors House!
  • James goes off, scores 51 points
Nobody expected the Cavs to keep the score this close.
Then James punches a blackboard and he never appears the same after that.

It was a staggering moment of irresponsibility.

There is nothing even remotely close to what Lebron did. The biggest super star of a professional league who in a championship game breaks his own hand in a complete collapse of sound judgement.

By all means explain it away all you want. History is on my side.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • You have the greatest Basketball player of this generation get to the Championship series.
  • Against all odds, the Cavs have a tied game at the end of the 4th ...In the Warriors House!
  • James goes off, scores 51 points
Nobody expected the Cavs to keep the score this close.
Then James punches a blackboard and he never appears the same after that.

It was a staggering moment of irresponsibility.

There is nothing even remotely close to what Lebron did. The biggest super star of a professional league who in a championship game breaks his own hand in a complete collapse of sound judgement.

By all means explain it away all you want. History is on my side.

Not a single word of this responds to what I stated in my post. I never claimed that what he did was smart. Nor did I excuse it.

Just said that it's not all that unusual and why it isn't the story that you think it should be.

Many guys have punched inanimate objects out of frustration, including during the finals. It was just Lebron's bad luck that he broke his hand doing it.

Again, it's not a story because of the timing of when it was released. If it had been released after game 1, instead of after the series was over...it would have been a huge story.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how you spin it it's still no.

The comparisons need to stop. Different league differnt positions different defense and offense. Lebron is a beast of an athlete so rank them 1a 1b it doesn't matter

Lebron James consistency is what I see over the ears and No coaches like MJ had throughout his career

MJ was just a killer. Tough not to be a homer.. dude was just nasty on both sides of the floor game in and game out

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just go with your top 5 at each position and be done with this shit

Magic
Jordan
Bron
Duncan
Paula Abdul Jabarr

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just gonna bump this right here.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player... Sadly we didn't get to see him playing against the Clippers or Giannis, but that's not his fault.

Still don't like the way his games are officiated, but it is what it is. I didn't see the Finals, and this title didn't move the needle for me, since I already believed that he's a top-5 ever.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have LeBron behind Metta World Peace in my all-time rankings...

... maybe if he wins another title. Bron gotta prove it to me, tho.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley was better than both.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player... Sadly we didn't get to see him playing against the Clippers or Giannis, but that's not his fault.

Still don't like the way his games are officiated, but it is what it is. I didn't see the Finals, and this title didn't move the needle for me, since I already believed that he's a top-5 ever.

Literally every superstar in history gets those "star calls".

Also, he gets a lot of the same kind of officiating that Shaq used to. There were many times per game where Shaq didn't get calls that other players would get because the refs would let them go because of how big and strong he is.

The same thing happens to Lebron. He's just so much bigger and stronger than the guys trying to defend him that the refs let a lot of stuff go.

To be fair though, the refs are in a no-win situation with guys like that. If they actually called every foul that happens, those players would be averaging about 35 free throws per game.

Lebron does cry too much though. Even as a Lakers fan there were plenty of times I was yelling quit crying and play. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron james blow GIF