• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time for GT to let go of Paul Johnson?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he can get GT over the top. They just seem to get worse each year. Seems like a REALLY smart guy, but I just don't think his system will work in FBS.

It may be a good time to fire him....I mean Lane Kiffin is available! :laugh3:

It is over due. He is running a high school offense in major division 1 football. It just doesn't work anymore. The academy schools are really the only one's that it suits. I said they should have got rid of him 2 years ago.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Atlanta is a draw to young kids. And you have to think the path is easier in the ACC. But I agree we need to look for an up and coming? I don't know who. Hell give Major Applewhite a try. He at least can outthink Oklahoma, and at least we TRIED.

Tech can recruit, despite the in state disadvantages (fuck you UGA and Auburn). And the academics, which Shall Not Be Infringed Upon. We have seen it before, we just have to find the right guy.

And NOT Kiffen.

Major is a recruiting machine but not so great with Xs and Os. He needs a very good staff behind him, but that guy can get recruits.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like at Tennessee? He had I think it was somewhere around 9 violations. Not worth it, he is an unproven coach. Was handed the keys to the car at USC and drove it off a cliff. Not a guy I would trust coaching my team.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petrino (he knows ATL.....:whistle:)
Franklin from Vandy would be VERY good there imo
Morris could work I agree
Maybe Tubbs from Cincy:noidea:?...Maybe