• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Introduce Yourself

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you.
Name's jeener. I probably should've kept it when I came over here, but :noidea:

hmmm.

Name doesn't look familiar. I was FAR from a reg over there the last 3 years, though, so that doesn't mean much. :suds:

So you like the smileys over here? :omg:

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm.

Name doesn't look familiar. I was FAR from a reg over there the last 3 years, though, so that doesn't mean much. :suds:

So you like the smileys over here? :omg:

I'd had the account over there for a little over 5 years but didn't start posting much until recently. I tend to keep quiet when I'm unsure about stuff. Example- I've been lurking here for a few weeks when the FB edict came down from the other place and barely made my first post today. Chickenshit :) And yes- I do like the smileys! My favorite has to be
:wtf:
I feel like I'm always giving that look to people. Minus the fine dusting of crack on the mouth, of course.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd had the account over there for a little over 5 years but didn't start posting much until recently. I tend to keep quiet when I'm unsure about stuff. Example- I've been lurking here for a few weeks when the FB edict came down from the other place and barely made my first post today. Chickenshit :) And yes- I do like the smileys! My favorite has to be
:wtf:
I feel like I'm always giving that look to people. Minus the fine dusting of crack on the mouth, of course.

Not knowing shit hasn't stopped any of us from posting at break-neck speeds :)

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only other poster on this forum old enough to get the joke (well, the reference).

Well played, sir!

:lol:

LOL. Thanks. It wasn't until many years later that I figured out what he was actually saying there.
:lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been on the board in quite sometime but glad to be back. Socal native here and a Giants fan Since the arrival of Bonds in 1993 and a fan ever since. Really tough too see the Dodgers running away with the division thus far.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been on the board in quite sometime but glad to be back. Socal native here and a Giants fan Since the arrival of Bonds in 1993 and a fan ever since. Really tough too see the Dodgers running away with the division thus far.

Not willing to concede yet? Good lad!

:thumb:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Red Sox fan who views the San Francisco-LA rivalry as comparable
to the Boston-NYC one with San Francisco being the more Boston-like.

Never actually been to San Francisco, and it's hills would give me problems with
the bad left leg I have now.

These days I live in one of the flatter areas of Boston and don't know how
I'd get up Beacon Hill if I lived there.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Red Sox fan who views the San Francisco-LA rivalry as comparable
to the Boston-NYC one with San Francisco being the more Boston-like.

Never actually been to San Francisco, and it's hills would give me problems with
the bad left leg I have now.

These days I live in one of the flatter areas of Boston and don't know how
I'd get up Beacon Hill if I lived there.

Segway! Just kidding- your leg would fall off if you lived in the city. The hills can be hellacious (says the lazy, chubby girl). But it's nice & flat around AT&T park, so you're all good there :suds:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your ballpark does look good on TV, and for what it's worth, Red Sox announcer and former
infielder Jerry Remy said a few days ago that AT&T Park is his favorite NL stadium

Last edited by a moderator:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tip for visitors to Boston:

Charlie's Sandwich Shop on Columbus Avenue is a great place to get breakfast if you don't mind having to wait to get in. It's only open in the mornings, but serves HUGE portions of good food at prices much more reasonable
than most restaurants in the area.

The nearby Petite Robert Deli, by contrast, is possibly the most expensive restaurant in the area.
It does serve good food, but at the prices it charges...

Another thing. The South End, where I live, is not to be confused with South Boston, which is east of the
here. And "Southie", as it's commonly called, may well be the most blatantly racist part of this city.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Segway! Just kidding- your leg would fall off if you lived in the city. The hills can be hellacious (says the lazy, chubby girl). But it's nice & flat around AT&T park, so you're all good there :suds:
How do Oakland and San Jose compare to San Francisco in terms of hilliness?

And on a slightly different subject, how many San Franciscans like a TV show set in their city
I'm very fond of? "MONK" to be specific. I have the 1st 3 seasons of that in my DVD collection.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to some of these folks? :noidea:

Be kinda cool to find one or two

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, its been awhile since I've posted with some of you at the "Disney" boards. I have to admit, I've been following you for a couple of months and thought, if I have time to read, I have time to post.

To those of you who may not know me, I live in So Cal, attended game 6 of the 2002 World Series, and have immensely enjoyed the past 5 years (still trying to figure out if this has been real!). I grew up in central California and have been rooting for the Giants since 1990. I had no interest in baseball before then but have loved it every since then.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, its been awhile since I've posted with some of you at the "Disney" boards. I have to admit, I've been following you for a couple of months and thought, if I have time to read, I have time to post.

To those of you who may not know me, I live in So Cal, attended game 6 of the 2002 World Series, and have immensely enjoyed the past 5 years (still trying to figure out if this has been real!). I grew up in central California and have been rooting for the Giants since 1990. I had no interest in baseball before then but have loved it every since then.
YEA!!!!!!

We just got OUR big deadline acquisition!

The GREAT LHG is back, baby!!

Welcome back, dude. You have been missed!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEA!!!!!!

We just got OUR big deadline acquisition!

The GREAT LHG is back, baby!!

Welcome back, dude. You have been missed!

Ahh, you know how to make a poster blush. Thanks cal. Since our messages back when ESPN was shutting down the boards there, I've noticed this year that this board has changed considerably.

I do notice that a few guys that I remember from that board moved over but don't seem to be active anymore. What happened to them? I'm thinking of guys like filosophy, el jimador, etc.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back! I am assuming this is Laguna Hills Giant?

Lots of members have jumped ship over the years, but this run has been special with the Giants.

Not sure what happened to filo, though our dues still go to him.

CameronFrye has kids, and has little time to post.

I keep wondering where BruteSentiment went, he had some great insights.

Glad to have you back.

Where in Central California did you grow up? We moved to Modesto in 2012 from South Pasadena. I like the closeness to the Bay Area, the cost of living is cheaper than in South Pas, but we miss SoCal sometimes. Except when they close the 210.