• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Introduce Yourself

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to pick an avy when I created my account but was not allowed to. I've probably told you guys before, but Gardner is probably my favorite Giant of all time. Met him as a young teen in Fresno (we went to some of the same schools, although over 10 years apart). I can remember going to every public appearance he made in the early 90s, when he was with Montreal, and have probably at least a dozen autographed baseball cards. The dude was always nice to me and talked baseball a bit. What I was most shocked by was that he remembered my name. He seemed like such a class guy. I was really sad when I had heard his wife passed away a few years ago.

He still lives in Fresno. My college roommate's brother was in the same graduating class as one of his sons. Great guy, awesome to have that memory of him.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Introduce myself....I grew up in Cupertino listening to the Giants on my clock radio...waiting and hoping to hear Gary Lavelle get a save every once in a while. I eventually escaped from high school and went to college at UC Davis. At Davis I did stats for all the sports teams. Seemed like a good fit for a stats major. Then I ran off and got a job with a big aerospace company. Unfortunately the work moved to Colorado so I only get to see the Giants when they play the Rockies now. Two more degrees under my belt, still working for the same company...27 years now. I am the corporate survey SME. I write questions for a living and analyze survey data. I do some mentoring of management types. Mrs FX and I have been together for 24 years. FX jr is up in Boulder working on his degree and Mrs FX jr is still in High School. We live in Colorado Springs. Have a parrot and a gecko.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi MK2U...longtime Pirates fan back to Clemente', Mets-n-O's before that. Little bit in my heart for the city by the bay...Mays, that dude on 1st-McCovey, J Marichael sp?, BB-n his pops and the list goes on...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi MK2U...longtime Pirates fan back to Clemente', Mets-n-O's before that. Little bit in my heart for the city by the bay...Mays, that dude on 1st-McCovey, J Marichael sp?, BB-n his pops and the list goes on...
Schmidt, Vogelsong, Reuschel, Robinson...

The list goes on and on of well-loved players who played for both orgs.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Introduce myself....I grew up in Cupertino listening to the Giants on my clock radio...waiting and hoping to hear Gary Lavelle get a save every once in a while. I eventually escaped from high school and went to college at UC Davis. At Davis I did stats for all the sports teams. Seemed like a good fit for a stats major. Then I ran off and got a job with a big aerospace company. Unfortunately the work moved to Colorado so I only get to see the Giants when they play the Rockies now. Two more degrees under my belt, still working for the same company...27 years now. I am the corporate survey SME. I write questions for a living and analyze survey data. I do some mentoring of management types. Mrs FX and I have been together for 24 years. FX jr is up in Boulder working on his degree and Mrs FX jr is still in High School. We live in Colorado Springs. Have a parrot and a gecko.

I went to Davis from 1974-1976 before transferring to Berkeley. My son lives in Denver and works for ULA. He is a UCLA grad (he was born in Pasadena when I was in grad school), and his heart is in SoCal. We just moved my daughter to San Jose to begin grad school at SJSU.

Welcome aboard!